[Albion] Caicedo - world class

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Its the fans we attract that is amazing too - at Grimsby cup game there were as usual loads from Japan - plus just in front of me three from Argentina who all seemed absolutely chuffed to be there taking selfies to watch Ali Mac is their various Argentina / Messi shirts

Unreal to think that 25 years ago Leyton Orient or Southend was a big game for us

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A Spanish friend asked me the other day why we were doing so well, and I said that there isn't a weakness in the team. Apart, perhaps, for the goalkeeping position and the Colwill v Webster debate, it's impossible to name a player who should be starting ahead of one of the regulars. That hasn't happened for a very long time.

I really rate Steele.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A Spanish friend asked me the other day why we were doing so well, and I said that there isn't a weakness in the team. Apart, perhaps, for the goalkeeping position and the Colwill v Webster debate, it's impossible to name a player who should be starting ahead of one of the regulars. That hasn't happened for a very long time
I really rate Steele.
Don’t think @NAN was being critical - just suggesting neither keeper is an automatic choice (FWIW I think we have two excellent keepers), as with Webster and Colwill. Not in the same sentence as ‘weakness‘ !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can recall several similar threads proclaiming Bissouma as being "the best player ever in the history of BHA" when he was here. I tend to find myself drawing back from this type of through-the-roof hyperbole, but Caicedo is an absolutely sensational talent. It's a pleasure and a privilege to watch him in what is (indisputably) the best team we have ever seen.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As a DM, I don’t think he is any better than Biss was in a defensive and dynamic sense. However, his long range passing and shooting is way above what Biss could muster.

I’ve noticed that RDZ does not let him get forward at all, he is not allowed to advance much further than the centre backs but he is good enough to play any midfield position and thrive, that’s what makes him world class.

Perhaps box-2-box is his best position of only RDZ would allow him to get into the opposition box more often!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As a DM, I don’t think he is any better than Biss was in a defensive and dynamic sense. However, his long range passing and shooting is way above what Biss could muster.

I’ve noticed that RDZ does not let him get forward at all, he is not allowed to advance much further than the centre backs but he is good enough to play any midfield position and thrive, that’s what makes him world class.

Perhaps box-2-box is his best position of only RDZ would allow him to get into the opposition box more often!
Scored an absolute beauty at Arsenal last year didn't he. Looks like Mac is the guy RDZ trusts in and around the opposition box though.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes. Incredible.

Which reminds me, was there a discussion or a thread about that sliding challenge he put in on Toney on Saturday, in the south west corner of the pitch. He just slid and slid, got the ball and wiped out Toney who was left with a "what the hell just happened there?" expression on his face when he picked himself up.
I remember being flabbergasted at that challenge - the ground he made up, the seemingly reckless dive in but coming out totally cleanly with the ball was my impression. And he seems to me to do it regularly and well. he is phenomenal. I would not claim to have as wide a knowledge of players who have played for us over the years, but he would take some beating.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think what sets Moises apart is not just his incredible tackles and interceptions but his ability to instantly spot and execute the perfect pass once he wins the ball.

It's ridiculous how quickly he can break up play and set us off in attack in the blink of an eye.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bumping this after yesterdays game, absolutely pocketed Enzo, bullied him and made him look like a little boy.

I’ve run out of superlatives for him, he’s simply the best player I’ve ever seen in a Brighton shirt and I’m convinced he will end up at Real Madrid or another true elite club.

Savour him while we have him. :bowdown:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bumping this after yesterdays game, absolutely pocketed Enzo, bullied him and made him look like a little boy.

I’ve run out of superlatives for him, he’s simply the best player I’ve ever seen in a Brighton shirt and I’m convinced he will end up at Real Madrid or another true elite club.

Great post and true.

Still Considering the Lawrenson v Caicedo but I think Caicedo shades it just.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Another season of him would be absolutely stunning! Hopefully we can pull it off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports