[Albion] Caicedo - world class

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He’s just amazing to watch. Time and again you’re thinking ‘we’re in trouble here’…….and he appears almost from nowhere, takes the ball cleanly and leaves the opposing player in a crumpled heap. He finds space, takes passes (often with 2 or 3 players on him), almost never loses a 50/50, is as strong as an Ox and absolutely rapid. Improve his shooting a bit and he’s almost the perfect midfielder.

I recall Tim Vickery absolutely raving about him way before we signed him (it was when Man U were interested), and then later him being surprised that we’d managed to sign him. At times he seemed to deflect almost any discussion about South American players to ’yeah but he doesn’t have the potential of Caicedo….’ etc. He was right.

No idea if we’ll manage to keep him, but any bid now is going to have to be astronomical.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
We’ve had player stand out before because they’re great players in average teams. Caicedo stands out next to a World Cup winner.

If he stays injury free he’ll be discussed as one of the best midfielders in the world in a couple of years, although realistically he should be already.

The greatest compliment I can give him is I don’t think our recruitment team will be able to do their normal magic trick and upgrade him when he leaves

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He is astonishingly good. I wouldn’t swap him for any CM in the world.

I know we do appreciate how lucky we are to watch this team every week but it is amazing that in him, Mac Allister, Estupinan and Mitoma we genuinely have four world class, elite footballers in in our team who would get in any team in Europe and with Ferguson soon to join them. Incredible times.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There were a couple of challenges that really stood out to me last night, they were breaking down the right mid way through the second half and Estupinan was struggling to get back after being caught forward Caicedo came thundering over into the left back position muscled the guy off the ball and I think we ended up with a goal kick, the guy just has relentless energy and ability.
That was when Mac Allister was down injured, looked like Caicedo was trying to stop the game however he could, but even that wild, rash challenge ended up with us getting the ball!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I hate the term World Class. And I’m not sure you can consider him to be that until he’s won games and competitions at the highest level.

But he’s phenomenal. Arguably the best midfielder we’ve ever had. And he’d walk into almost any side in this league (and the world), I think, bar the odd exception.

I’m just enjoying watching him whilst he’s still here.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He might do. But Mark Lawrenson has set a high bar - 5 league titles, one European Cup and other trophies. Also Ferguson could rival Caicedo.
If Ferguson can stay injury free he is an elite player in the making. Same bracket as Moises unquestionably. He plays like a 32 year old Murray with the flair of a S American.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He is astonishingly good. I wouldn’t swap him for any CM in the world.

I know we do appreciate how lucky we are to watch this team every week but it is amazing that in him, Mac Allister, Estupinan and Mitoma we genuinely have four world class, elite footballers in in our team who would get in any team in Europe and with Ferguson soon to join them. Incredible times.
Yes, it's amazing.

* We have a player who absolutely ran the World Cup Final for an hour.
* The Asian population is around 4,700,000,000 people. It is possible that the very best footballer of all of them plays for our club.
* We seriously have four players who would walk into Real Madrid's matchday squad.

MENTAL.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
hold on a minute,what about that Vicente bloke ???

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes, it's amazing.

* We have a player who absolutely ran the World Cup Final for an hour.
* The Asian population is around 4,700,000,000 people. It is possible that the very best footballer of all of them plays for our club.
* We seriously have four players who would walk into Real Madrid's matchday squad.

MENTAL.
A Spanish friend asked me the other day why we were doing so well, and I said that there isn't a weakness in the team. Apart, perhaps, for the goalkeeping position and the Colwill v Webster debate, it's impossible to name a player who should be starting ahead of one of the regulars. That hasn't happened for a very long time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
hold on a minute,what about that Vicente bloke ???
I was in Valencia for four days, returning yesterday. I felt the need to take this picture:

Attachments

• IMG-20230402-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20230402-WA0007.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 46

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s just amazing to watch. Time and again you’re thinking ‘we’re in trouble here’…….and he appears almost from nowhere, takes the ball cleanly and leaves the opposing player in a crumpled heap. He finds space, takes passes (often with 2 or 3 players on him), almost never loses a 50/50, is as strong as an Ox and absolutely rapid. Improve his shooting a bit and he’s almost the perfect midfielder.

I recall Tim Vickery absolutely raving about him way before we signed him (it was when Man U were interested), and then later him being surprised that we’d managed to sign him. At times he seemed to deflect almost any discussion about South American players to ’yeah but he doesn’t have the potential of Caicedo….’ etc. He was right.

No idea if we’ll manage to keep him, but any bid now is going to have to be astronomical.

I remember TV discussing that too, explaining the complexity of (very Latin American) multiple agencies having rights. Which TB/PB expertly worked through.

On that “we’re in trouble here” bit, we seem to have several insurance policies. If Caicedo’s upfield or not playing, Estupinan or MacA appear from nowhere to destroy what opposition supporters think is a great attack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports