[Football] Caicedo and MacAllister, How Well Have They Done Since They Left Us?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Caicedo, look at our results when Mac wasn’t next to him. I remember Mac saying to RDZ if you don’t play me at Newcastle you will lose.
Macalister is the real deal.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
On that final day the agent and one of the Chelsea owners from the states took personal control, the player was swept out of the picture.

It's a funny thing, £115m was madness, Liverpool unusually swept up in a Chelsea-esque dutch auction ... they got away with it. He is and will be a quality DM, but for one week the numbers got out of control.
This

we clearly put him at a level that should have deterred all-comers, but instead generated a frenzied bidding war.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'll put this out there.... Is Caicedo actually that good? He was outstanding for Brighton, but was that just a purple patch and playing out of his skin as he was just into the team?

Bloke only played 40 PL games, plenty of players have looked decent for a period of time, but not over a longer period.
I was one of those who never understood the hype about Caicedo. He was good for the team, and I'd sooner have him, but he did have matches where he was off the pace and poor at times.

Decent Premier League player, but £115m ? That's £50m+ Chelsea added tax

Mac I rate higher and would take him of the two. There were matches when, although not spectacular, he didn't put a foot wrong. A steady and reliable top level midfielder.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Many of us have said it, at Brighton you get away with making mistakes to an extent. RDZ is way tougher on players than the hapless Potts who let Maupay stink up the place for far too long.
Cucurella was a decent defender although his numbers going forward weren’t spectacular surprised when Man City came in. Still think he was signed for Potter’s incoming who then made him the fall guy at Chelsea. Not a very nice chap is Potter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maccer with a stinker today.
What is your agenda with Ale Mac? Whilst I fully appreciate football is a game about opinions you consistently say Mac is poor for Liverpool and make posts like this which are at direct odds with most match reports. A few weeks ago you said he was crap and hooked off because of this; a match report said he had a good first half, and continued to impress in the second before being subbed off. I just took a quick look at a Liverpool site where today’s team was described as a mix of “winners and losers” and listed Mac as one of three “winners”.

I also have a Liverpool season ticket acquaintance who I check in with on occasion and he also paints a different picture to yours and your comments about his World Cup performances are very strange to say the least.

I think it’s quite telling you are quick off the mark and jump in quickly with posts like this. It really does seem like you have an issue with him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What is your agenda with Ale Mac? Whilst I fully appreciate football is a game about opinions you consistently say Mac is poor for Liverpool and make posts like this which are at direct odds with most match reports. A few weeks ago you said he was crap and hooked off because of this; a match report said he had a good first half, and continued to impress in the second before being subbed off. I just took a quick look at a Liverpool site where today’s team was described as a mix of “winners and losers” and listed Mac as one of three “winners”.

I also have a Liverpool season ticket acquaintance who I check in with on occasion and he also paints a different picture to yours and your comments about his World Cup performances are very strange to say the least.

I also think it’s quite telling you jump in quickly with posts like this. It really does seem like you have an issue with him.
Because rather than admit he gets things wrong he doubles down to show he is edgy

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011

I think it’s quite telling you are quick off the mark and jump in quickly with posts like this. It really does seem like you have an issue with him.
I dont think dwayne player opinions are meant to be taken seriously.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our biggest miss , pissed he went for peanuts.
£55m I’d imagine - not peanuts…

Some Liverpool fans I’ve spoken to don’t relate Mac that high. He’s been a little hit and miss for them when I’ve seen him this season tbh.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Our biggest miss , pissed he went for peanuts.
a) £55m (if we get that) is hardly peanuts; b) it's only considered peanuts because Chelsea spent a stupid amount on Caicedo, who only spent that amount because Rice and Fernandez went for £105m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports