Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BZ injury

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
BZ had been a definate success even if he does not kick another ball.

Scored 7 vital goals and a lot of know how to the squad

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course. Without Bobby's 7 goals though we'd be about 12 points worse off. A fair few of those I'm pretty confident none of or other strikers would have scored. Not sure he could be considered a failure.
How many games has Hughton had at least one hand tied behind his back, due to a lack of options up top.

Counting backwards we can start with...

...Birmingham away.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Bruno Salter
DOB: 01/10/1980
League games started 2015/16 season: 39

Bobby Zamora
DOB: 16/01/1981
League games started 2015/16 season: 10

Just saying like, still love Bobby Z, but there seems to be an acre between him and Bruno when it comes to longevity.

Bruno is like a teenager compared to BZ

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
How many games has Hughton had at least one hand tied behind his back, due to a lack of options up top.

Counting backwards we can start with...

...Birmingham away.

The lack of other options isn't BZs fault though and doesn't make his signing a failure. Everyone, included the club, were very aware about his fitness issues. They were talking about how to manage him from day one. Manu turned out to be a flop. Baldock is a sick note and Wilson seems to have contracted a mild form of Ebola. None of that in anyway influences whether or not Zamora is a failure.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The lack of other options isn't BZs fault though and doesn't make his signing a failure. Everyone, included the club, were very aware about his fitness issues. They were talking about how to manage him from day one. Manu turned out to be a flop. Baldock is a sick note and Wilson seems to have contracted a mild form of Ebola. None of that in anyway influences whether or not Zamora is a failure.
Good post.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All good points.

But signing a fragile BZ into a squad already bound to (an even more fragile) Baldock was going to make things tough.

Once again this is all on the back of an unconfirmed rumour, which hopefully will prove to be incorrect.
Remember I'm not saying I think BZ has been a failure - end of - it's a close call, and one that can easily switch if there's more to come.

As asked earlier I wonder what your opinion would be of Mr A Striker from a season of 10 starts, 16 from the bench, one 90 minute game, and 7 goals.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
FFS [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], have a day off. Classic nonsense from you. Opening gambit absolutely full of sh!t, you'd argue with a paper bag if you could in a feeble attempt to justify it.

Signing a 36 year old striker, the club will have known he wasn't going to play all season. He was never here as integral part of the first XI. 10 starts, 16 appearances off the bench and 7 goals is MILES beyond expectation, especially as his goals have nearly all been absolutely PIVOTAL. Signed EVERYONE ELSE ON HERE

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Bruno Salter
DOB: 01/10/1980
League games started 2015/16 season: 39

Bobby Zamora
DOB: 16/01/1981
League games started 2015/16 season: 10

Just saying like, still love Bobby Z, but there seems to be an acre between him and Bruno when it comes to longevity.

That is why I LOVE Bruno, and why he has established himself as a prevalent candidate for POTS.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But signing BZ has already lead to one period of time where Tomer has had to be flogged like a dead horse.
With another one approaching.

I'd wonder if you, and I'm sure many others, would be so keen to defend Mr A Striker.

if we signed A Stirker and he bombed or got injured for half the season, or sick... other strikers get over played. we cant dismiss the lift of spirits on the stands and affect on the dressing room, not to mention his general attitude and professionalism, his signing had. so i dont see how his signing can be seen as a failure if we never see him on the pitch again.

Stumpy Tim

If there were any truth in this RUMOUR, for me resigning BZ would have to count as a failure.
A very expensive failure if the team don't get over the line, in May.

Fingers crossed this is wrong as he's only an important goal or two away from being a massive success.

Don't forget that you're an utter cockwomble though. When it comes to sensible discussion you're largely ignored for a reason.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If there were any truth in this RUMOUR, for me resigning BZ would have to count as a failure.

Fingers crossed this is wrong as he's only an important goal or two away from being a massive success.

You're completely disregarding the feel-good factor he brought with him after the disastrous 2014/15 season.

When Bobby said "I'm back!" he was basically saying "We're back!"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Expensive? You don't know how much we're paying him. Given that he didn't sign when we first expected him to, but he came because he was really keen, I doubt his wages are that high.

His signing would only be a failure if signing him meant that we didn't sign another striker that would have been better (for the same money), and there is absolutely zero evidence that is the case.

The team have won so many games by the odd goal, just about every goal scored by every player has been significant.
Yes, which means that not many of our players have been failures this season.

Plenty, but not because we signed Zamora. We didn't turn anyone away due to his signing.

Remember I'm not saying I think BZ has been a failure - end of - it's a close call, and one that can easily switch if there's more to come.
And I'm saying that if he doesn't play again, it's still not a failure. When he signed I predicted he'd score about 4 goals for us (most of us didn't expect many). He hadn't scored more than 5 league goals since 2009/10.

As asked earlier I wonder what your opinion would be of Mr A Striker from a season of 10 starts, 16 from the bench, one 90 minute game, and 7 goals.
If they didn't cost too much and we weren't pinning our hopes on them or turning away a decent striker because of them, my opinion would be the same. He's part of the reason we're still challenging for automatic promotion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Btw Bob is on Twitter now [MENTION=13709]robert[/MENTION]zamora25 - confirmed by club :)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm sure BZ was signed as 4th choice striker at best; remember, we were flying chaps out to SA at the time plus negotiating for Vydra. 7 goals is a fantastic return (so far), not to mention the feel good factor for both the dressing room and the fans. He has scored goals this season I'll remember for the rest of my life. BrillIant return.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Failure was definitely the wrong word to use.
That has a Leon Best ring to it, and that couldn't be any further from the point I was making.

As it's Masters week, to me it feels like the BZ deal is 1 over with 7 to play, just 2 shots back off the lead.

Last night the team played in a formation that, yet again, has never got the best out of Hemed,
In a game that the commentary made it sound like it was crying out for Bobby's guile.
Sure they won, brilliantly all things considered, but with goals from each centre half.

It's hard to see that getting the job done now it's squeaky bum time.

We're all set up for Bobby to chip in on the 18th and slide majestically into his green jacket, the ultimate hero.
I just hope the rumour on this thread is unfounded and he, or someone else, is there to do it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here