Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Barnes [Merge of many threads]

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Always a fiery character, so it's a risk you take in playing him. I don't think a sending off will signal the end of his Albion career or provokes the undeniable label of DISGRACE. He'll be needed before the season is out and i look forward to him being available again.
Signing off now.
A grown up.

Agree ... i'm sure we will be applauding him b4 the end of the season

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I thought he got sent off for mouthing off.

**** off Barnes, thanks for leaving is with 1 striker you grade A ****.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
It might not be his last game but he makes me ****1ng sick, hes like a petulant little ****1ng kid, grow up Barnes or fuc k off to another club when we need strikers you stupid little boy abuse the ref with 20 seconds left you are a spoilt little brat

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Re: Ashley Barnes **** OFF

One striker left now, makes bad decisions, ain't THAT good, he can go with CMS in the summer.****!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
he's actually shite, just powerful and arrogant and i think gus picks him for subjectives reasons whatever they may be, pure donkey striker

WTF? One of the most stupid and incomprehensible posts I've seen in a while. What are these "subjectives reasons" (sic)?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Seems I am not alone in thinking he should not represent us again. I like Barnes as a player but please do not defend him for getting sent off again

Especially for swearing at the ref. Getting sent off for a late tackle, fair enough, that's understandable but abusive behaviour is not something I want to see from any of our players, they're better than that. I haven't jumped on the bandwagon before, but this is just idiotic and he needs a metaphorical kicking to knock some sense into his head. Pathetic.

We won't miss him.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'll always defend him as a player but to be sent off like that is just plain stupid.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The irony of people having a go at Barnes using industrial language when that is what he was sent off is quite funny

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Ashley Barnes should never, ever play for us again

Since he joined I've been in, out, in, out, out then after some mature and good performances back in and now well and truly OUT of the Barnes camp.

He has the temperament of an over excited South American dictator at times and given all the circumstances surrounding our present situation, important run in/lack of other striking options etc he deserves every single piece of abuse and ridicule that comes his way this time.

How anyone can defend him now is beyond me. Enough is enough.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Bye Bye Barnes

Half of you need to grow the **** up! Yes he's an idiot but to wish him never to play for us again is the biggest over reaction I've ever read!! Get a ****ing grip!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Especially for swearing at the ref. Getting sent off for a late tackle, fair enough, that's understandable but abusive behaviour is not something I want to see from any of our players, they're better than that. I haven't jumped on the bandwagon before, but this is just idiotic and he needs a metaphorical kicking to knock some sense into his head. Pathetic.

We won't miss him.

Yes we will

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
My ignore list is going to be MASSIVE by the end of tonight, so many idiots on here posting knee-jerk reactions.

He lost it - simple and Gus needs to get him to sort it out as its taking the p**s now - anyone know any good anger management people ?

He is a professional - operative word here. 90th minute, he thinks he should have a pen and rants at the ref. "Losing it" is not an excuse, not now, not at such a crucial time in the season. This is something we could well have done without.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here