Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By- Election imminent LUCAS arrested at Balcombe.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Although a large number of folk are arrested even though the police know full well they are not breaking the law.

Sorry you ignorant in the sand idiot! CRB checks show up arrests.......I guess if your on benefits you don't care but, the rest of us do! Go on, spend years (and our tax money fighting it) because you don't care about CRB you just love your Benefits, or at least those at the site do!

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
So she has been arrested for causing an obstruction? From what I saw on Meridian it seems they blocked the road as the march finished. I myslef would expect to be arrested if I blocked the Lewes Road. It seems the Greens have seen the fracking issue could be a big vote winner on a national level. She has got herself and the Green Party National news headlines, so I expect Caroline Lucas is very happy with today's events.
Fracking is coming even if we like it or not and unless we all get wood burners in our homes it will have to happen with the lack of available gas in the future. Just IMHO...................

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So she has been arrested for causing an obstruction? From what I saw on Meridian it seems they blocked the road as the march finished. I myslef would expect to be arrested if I blocked the Lewes Road. It seems the Greens have seen the fracking issue could be a big vote winner on a national level. She has got herself and the Green Party National news headlines, so I expect Caroline Lucas is very happy with today's events.
Fracking is coming even if we like it or not and unless we all get wood burners in our homes it will have to happen with the lack of available gas in the future. Just IMHO...................

very much agree

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Sorry you ignorant in the sand idiot! CRB checks show up arrests.......I guess if your on benefits you don't care but, the rest of us do! Go on, spend years (and our tax money fighting it) because you don't care about CRB you just love your Benefits, or at least those at the site do!

I'm sorry, I don't understand your post. Most importantly people who resort to name calling draw more negative feeling towards themselves than the poster they attack.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I expected nothing less of her. It was a no-brainer her getting involved. It would seem some people on here prefer snivellling right-wingers who suck up to big business, who are looking to make a killing at the expense of the environment. One planet, unfettered economic growth with finite resources. It's not sustainable. Leave something for our grandchildren FFS!

Something like oil?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'm sorry, I don't understand your post. Most importantly people who resort to name calling draw more negative feeling towards themselves than the poster they attack.

That's ok I'll be patient with you and not be offensive. If you are a normal person and you are arrested on a 'suspected offence' that will show up on any prospective CRB check which in the future will potentially impact on your ability to gain meaningful employment. That means you will be on benefits for life, meaning I am paying! C* Lucas will not suffer the same fate, just like Chris Huhne didn't with his immediate employment but, the ordinary protesters will be tainted by an arrest and cost us. That is the every day result of this protest. More and More public money for a long time. You may be innocent but it's on your record. Understand now?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Disgraceful " sitting in the back of a Police van screeching " do,you know who I am?" No love, none of your constituents have a clue.

Is the clock on your post correct? If so, do you get your news via carrier pigeon? She and her son's arrest was being widely discussed (with people doffing their caps to her) from 4pm onwards in most central Brighton pubs. I did log on here at the time expecting some dick badger to be having a go, but I guess I didn't realise how far behind the news the dick badgers on here are. Why would it cause a by-election? It doesn't work like that. Much as I hate the Greens and wouldn't shit on them if they were on fire, at least this one (Lucas) seems to be a conviction politician. How many of those are there? For Tory scum and Labour scum MP-dom is just a reward for years of service, so it's good to see someone actually acting like being an MP matters.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Is the clock on your post correct? If so, do you get your news via carrier pigeon? She and her son's arrest was being widely discussed (with people doffing their caps to her) from 4pm onwards in most central Brighton pubs. I did log on here at the time expecting some dick badger to be having a go, but I guess I didn't realise how far behind the news the dick badgers on here are. Why would it cause a by-election? It doesn't work like that. Much as I hate the Greens and wouldn't shit on them if they were on fire, at least this one (Lucas) seems to be a conviction politician. How many of those are there? For Tory scum and Labour scum MP-dom is just a reward for years of service, so it's good to see someone actually acting like being an MP matters.

I tried to doff my cap but my vomit was in the way!

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Disgraceful " sitting in the back of a Police van screeching " do,you know who I am?" No love, none of your constituents have a clue.

Did she really screech "do you know who I am"? I doubt that, but please prove me wrong.

I think she's a decent grass roots/activist 'politician'. Westminster could do with a few more.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Did she really screech "do you know who I am"? I doubt that, but please prove me wrong.

I think she's a decent grass roots/activist 'politician'. Westminster could do with a few more.

No they couldn't this country would never progress.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
That's ok I'll be patient with you and not be offensive. If you are a normal person and you are arrested on a 'suspected offence' that will show up on any prospective CRB check which in the future will potentially impact on your ability to gain meaningful employment. That means you will be on benefits for life, meaning I am paying! C* Lucas will not suffer the same fate, just like Chris Huhne didn't with his immediate employment but, the ordinary protesters will be tainted by an arrest and cost us. That is the every day result of this protest. More and More public money for a long time. You may be innocent but it's on your record. Understand now?

Now you've explained your post, yes. Although an arrest should not really be placed on a CRB check. That's the creeping hand of a Police State.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Now you've explained your post, yes. Although an arrest should not really be placed on a CRB check. That's the creeping hand of a Police State.

Unfortunately it would show up on an enhanced CRB (now called DBS by the way - disclosure & barring service).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just pleased there isn't smelly vision. Looking at some of the people at the protest it might put me off my dinner

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Of course she didn't. Very typical of the OP to start a stirring thread and then b****er off and not defend or validate what he has posted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here