Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying tickets for the kids online - advice please!

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I'm going to want to buy tickets for my kids for the coming season, but it'll be the first time they've been apart from the Gully's Gang freebies.

Does anyone know whether you need to have your children registered as 'friends and family' to buy tickets for them online? And if so how you go about doing that?

Apologies if the answer's glaringly obvious - I'm really scratching my head on this one at the moment.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You'll need to phone the ticketline first time, after that they'll have a fan number, and then you'll be able to do the F&F bit

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Thanks for that. I think they have fan numbers - their membership numbers certainly look like them - but I've not had any joy trying to use them.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Yes, they should have fan numbers already if they are in GG. Try logging into your account and then adding them as F&F, that's how I've got my kids on my F&F list and hence how to buy tickets for them in the future.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
When I had this problem I had to ring the ticket office and get my daughter "web enabled" and when you do this they will link all the GG fan numbers to your F&F at the same time.
Once this has done it's hassle free.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Hmm... just tried that for my three-year-old son and it says he's already on my F&F, but he doesn't show up. Very strange.

Same here. I have previously had to resort to the phone in previous seasons. I lost the will to live a long time ago. :timmy: Que somebody telling me how easy it is. :shootself

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Hmm... just tried that for my three-year-old son and it says he's already on my F&F, but he doesn't show up. Very strange.

Were you logged on to his account or yours ? Try logging into HIS account, then putting YOUR fan number, post code and surname into the F&F section and clicking on Add me to their F&F. Then log off and log on to YOUR account to check it. Might not appear immediately.

Sent from my sofa using Tapatalk

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Were you logged on to his account or yours ? Try logging into HIS account, then putting YOUR fan number, post code and surname into the F&F section and clicking on Add me to their F&F. Then log off and log on to YOUR account to check it. Might not appear immediately.

Just done it myself, and this appears to be the way.

However, I've only just noticed that my 12 year old is listed as an adult on both accounts, ( he thinks he is at at times anyway, I suppose ) and therefore full price.

Guess I'll just buy his Gills ticket at full price and ask for a refund on the smart card for BEER.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Just done it myself, and this appears to be the way.

However, I've only just noticed that my 12 year old is listed as an adult on both accounts, ( he thinks he is at at times anyway, I suppose ) and therefore full price.

Guess I'll just buy his Gills ticket at full price and ask for a refund on the smart card for BEER.

It should give the option to select child when you go to the checkout page ?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
It should give the option to select child when you go to the checkout page ?

Cheers for that. :clap2:

Will check it.

But yet another minor flaw in the online ticketing system it appears, seeing as his season ticket says under 18, and his season ticket was priced as that concession.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
One of many !

In retrospect, is it a mistake I wonder, or forward planning?

Let's say my boy couldn't go, I wonder if I could buy a full price for his smart card, and an adult mate come along instead, without the need for phone calls / e mails etc to upgrade..........

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
In retrospect, is it a mistake I wonder, or forward planning?

Let's say my boy couldn't go, I wonder if I could buy a full price for his smart card, and an adult mate come along instead, without the need for phone calls / e mails etc to upgrade..........

Mmm possibly but just as easy for your mate to have their own smartcard, surely ? And then you add them to your F&F and get them a ticket ? Also, child tickets in the family stand shouldn't be changeable to adults, should they ?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Mmm possibly but just as easy for your mate to have their own smartcard, surely ? And then you add them to your F&F and get them a ticket ? Also, child tickets in the family stand shouldn't be changeable to adults, should they ?

Just tried the checkout thing, no option for that.

I was on about mates or family of mine, or people around me for theirs, using it on very odd occasions.

Wsu, not the family stand.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Just tried the checkout thing, no option for that.

Argh, that's a shame. And there's no similar option on the basket screen ?

Are these reserved tickets you are talking about i.e. Spurs or Gills ? I'm thinking now that I saw the Adult/Child drop down option for the general sale SSC tickets.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
I have the same issue re my son's reserved tickets for Spurs and Gillingham showing as adult prices and no "select child" option at checkout.

I didn't go to the game on Saturday (bad fan, burn me etc) - is there a ticket office open at the Stadium or will I need to go to Queens Road to resolve this assuming I don't fancy an hour on the phone (got as far as position 16 this morning, engaged this afternoon)?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Beaten me. There must be an issue behind the scenes with the system probably not identifying your sons' fan numbers as being childs. There is a ticket office at the Amex, yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here