Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Buying a new car

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I know I'm a little old fashioned, but does anybody earn the money first, buy and own a car anymore ?

And I know I'm now going to get inundated with all the wonderful 'financing deals' around which all the finance providers/car manufacturers do out of the goodness of their hearts to 'save me money' :lolol:

Have you never heard the John Paul Getty quote “If it appreciates, buy it. If it depreciates, lease it.”?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
"So, what to do? I can probably do without an SUV now the kids have outgrown their pushchairs."

Jesus Christ. SUV needed because of pushchairs? Really?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Nice, but, I just don't get removing the instrumentation binnacle and gluing a tablet in the middle of the dash. Weird. Have to take your eyes off the road to see anything.

No more than looking down to see your speedo in a normal car. You don’t really have to touch the screen when driving as everything is automatic or controlled by the buttons on the steering wheel.

It can of course drive itself too.

Have you actually driven one? The tablet really doesn't distract you from the road.

It may well be the best car in the world ever, but I think the blank dashboard with a bloody big tablet stuck in the middle is just plain butt ugly. My opinion

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
PCP works for me , the dealers really don't want you to make the final payment and therefore you are in good position to negotiate a decent part exchange before your current agreement ends .
Also minor dents , scuffs etc won't impact on the p/x value of the vehicle being handed back .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here