Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buy your ticket for Arsenal (...or Swansea)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I also think ITV won't pick us for coverage again, so what are the ESPN slots?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The REALLY naive part of me hopes it costs no more then the Newcastle game.

It won't.

I had a conversation with Paul Barber a month or two back and he cited the hypothetical situation of drawing Man Utd at home and stated ticket prices would not go up.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You only need the consent of the opposition if you want to reduce ticket prices. They can't prevent you from charging your normal matchday prices.

Been doing some research: seems both clubs agreeing on ticket prices is outdated (was the case last year, the amendment showing it is: http://www.thefa.com/Competitions/FACompetitions/TheFATrophy/match%20centre/darlington-mansfield-trophy-final/~/media/files/pdf/the%20fa%20cup%20and%20comps/competition%20rules%202011-12/compguidance2011-12.ashx/compguidance2011-12.pdf , and this year that still applies for the qualifying rounds, but in the competition proper this year, it seems there only needs to be agreement if away fans are charged more than home fans.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/More/~/media/8E34042273E245C18A701EA20AD82ACE.ashx

20. ADMISSION TO MATCHES - SALE OF TICKETS
(a) All persons including Season Ticket Holders must be charged admission to the ground,
enclosure and stands in all matches subject to the following conditions:
(i) In the Qualifying Competition, each Club shall be entitled to 30 complimentary tickets.
(ii) In the Competition Proper, each Club shall be entitled to 50 complimentary tickets.
(iii) Complimentary tickets issued by the Home Club in excess of the above must be
accounted for at the price at which they would have otherwise been sold.
(iv) A complimentary ticket is a ticket that allows admittance to any area of the stadium to
attend a match for no consideration where a charge would otherwise be made by the
Home Club.
(v) In addition to the allowance of complimentary tickets set out at Competition Rule
20(a)(i) and (ii) complimentary tickets may be issued for the sole use of the following:
• Directors of the participating clubs. An allowance should be agreed between the
participating clubs for the use of the Directors of each club up to the maximum
available to the visiting club per Competition Rule 21(a)(vii);
• Press;
• Scouts and official representatives from non participating clubs;
• Official representatives of the governing and legislative bodies of football;
• Disabled and helpers (except where the home club’s policy is to charge);​

(b) The Association shall be entitled to purchase 50 tickets per match for distribution to its
sponsors. Additionally, where possible, and upon request, the Home Club should provide 2
Director’s Box level hospitality passes for key employees of The FA’s sponsors.

(c)
(i) Qualifying Competition
Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree
the prices of admission subject to the following conditions.
Except where mutually agreed otherwise the minimum admission (except to children
and senior citizens) to matches shall be:
• In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00
• In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: £5.00
• In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00​
A higher admission charge may be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned.
The away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home Club’s
spectators if agreed by both Clubs.
The price of admission for children and senior citizens must be mutually agreed
between the Clubs concerned.

(ii) Competition Proper
Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the
prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than
concessions.
The away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home Club’s
spectators if mutually agreed by both Clubs.

(iii) Season tickets
Each Club participating in the competition is to advise The Association in writing by
31 August in the year of the Competition whether their season tickets entitle the
holder to attend Challenge Cup matches. In addition those clubs that include
admission to Challenge Cup matches within the cost of the season ticket are also to
advise The Association of the total value (including VAT) and number of the Club’s
season ticket sales for that season. Any season ticket sales after 31 August are to be
advised to The Association.
Those Clubs that include admission to Challenge Cup matches within the cost of the
season ticket are to include in match receipts reported on the Statement of Receipts
and Payments Forms the total value of season ticket sales divided by the maximum
number of matches that the season ticket holder is entitled to attend during the
season for all Competitions.
(v) Executive packages, hospitality, sponsorship or advertising agreements
Where the Home Club issues tickets as part of an executive package (eg executive
box or lounge), hospitality, sponsorship or advertising agreement then the highest
price payable for the appropriate category of spectator (eg adult, concession) for an
admission only ticket for the relevant area of the ground should be included in the
gate receipts for a match.
(vi) The admission prices are to be confirmed in writing to The Association and the
visiting club as part of the Match Arrangement Form.
(vii) All questions in dispute must be immediately referred to The Association for
settlement.​

(d) Immediately after half time but before the conclusion of the match, the Home Club must
declare and provide in writing to the Visiting Club a statement of the total admission and
gross gate receipts.

(e) The Visiting Club shall have the right to check the sale of tickets.

(f) The visiting Club is entitled to have access to and copies of all documentation (see
Competition Rule 26) maintained by the Home Club for the reconciliation of the match
receipts. A request to be made by the Visiting Club in writing and copied to The
Association. The documentation is to be provided within fourteen days of the date of the
request.

(g) The Association is entitled to have access to and copies of all documentation (see
Competition Rule 26) maintained by the Home Club for the reconciliation of match receipts
and expenses.​

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It won't.

I had a conversation with Paul Barber a month or two back and he cited the hypothetical situation of drawing Man Utd at home and stated ticket prices would not go up.

Marvellous Scenes , which means I'll be there no matter what - keep up the good work sir.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I guess that as I signed up for the auto cup scheme before Newcastle I have effectively already bought my tickets for round 4 whoever and whenever. It's just a matter of when they apply the charge :shrug:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Swansea play nice looking football as do we. Surely a game a neutral would want to watch. Arsenal have been known to pass a ball well too. Either way a nice TV tie.

Also, Arsenal lost to Bradford, we beat newcastle and have yet to lose at the amex in the FA cup - possible upset
Swansea will have 7 games in 20 days, and we have yet to lose at the amex in the FA cup - possible upset

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
And because of that I think we'll be a 3 o clock Saturday, whoever the opposition.

Have you taken a look at the other draws? We will not be 3 o'clock on a Saturday regardless of opposition, we will be live on TV. This is just my opinion and I do not not work for ESPN or ITV but I would be happy to put money on it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Whoever we play it'll be full-price. And that's fine by me.

Incidentally... if we play the arse, i assume they'll take the full 15% allocation. Without doing the sums... if you take 15% away from our current capacity, i reckon it leaves roughly the number of season ticket holders we have, so if most people take up their seat option very few tickets will be left over for non season ticket holders with loyalty points.

Just a quick rough estimate for this:
Capacity = 27500
15% to opponents = 4125
Remaining for home fans = 23375
STHs = 18k approx
difference = 5375

And there will be some STHs who won't be able to make the game regardless of who we play so there could be more for general sale (but still done by loyalty points after ST sales)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Capacity = 27500
15% to opponents = 4125
STHs = 18k approx
difference = 5375

And there will be some STHs who won't be able to make the game regardless of who we play so there could be more for general sale (but still done by loyalty points after ST sales)

STHs (inclusive of 1901ers) is in the 21-22k ballpark, is it not?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Capacity = 27500
15% to opponents = 4125
STHs = 18k approx
difference = 5375

You'll also have eliminate a few hundred for the seats that separate home and away fans.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
could the club get away with charging an extra say fiver for Arsenal than they can for Swansea, Arsenal would be the bigger draw of the two sides?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
You reckon the TV cos will not select any 4th round ties that have a replay dependency?

Have you taken a look at the other draws? We will not be 3 o'clock on a Saturday regardless of opposition, we will be live on TV. This is just my opinion and I do not not work for ESPN or ITV but I would be happy to put money on it.

They'll wait for Utds, stoke and leeds/brum but not ours I don't think. Just a monday morning hunch. I know the hunch doesnt make any sense and my hunch is awfully unreliable but it's still a hunch.

To be televised (utter rubbish guess).
Oldham Athletic v Liverpool
Stoke (/palace) v M City
Leeds United/Birmingham City v Tottenham Hotspur
(West Ham United/)Manchester United v Fulham/Blackpool
Southend United/Brentford v Chelsea

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
i thought it was slightyly higher than that, even to the tune of 23k? remember seeing something at the start of last season

Seems so - Albion season ticket sales top 23,000 - Brighton & Hove Albion FC - Mid Sussex Times. Which means if a visiting club took a full 15%, as Arsenal surely would, there would be precious few tickets available for non-STHs once segregation is taken into account.

There will be some STHs who can't go, certainly, but you can bet most will have chums who they'd buy their tickets for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here