Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buy your ticket for Arsenal (...or Swansea)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I think the true diehards like myself who went to the newcastle game should get priority when it comes to swansea/arsenal tickets.

i think its time to move on from that, the crowd was good, very good in fact, and I would rather be in our situation than any other championship side that played at home saturday (Peterborogh aside) who had awful crowds, embarrassing crowds. Its people own choice whether they went or not and thats the end of it.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
They should offer tickets at a discount for early purchase if we don't know the opposition, but I would guess it would be against the trade descriptions act or something to offer tickets for an unknown event at an unknown time.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think the true diehards like myself who went to the newcastle game should get priority when it comes to swansea/arsenal tickets.

It's the sort of loyal supporters (fans? customers?) like yourself who make the effort to attend the less glamorous matches that make me prous to support BHAFC :)

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
They'll wait for Utds, stoke and leeds/brum but not ours I don't think. Just a monday morning hunch. I know the hunch doesnt make any sense and my hunch is awfully unreliable but it's still a hunch.

To be televised (utter rubbish guess).
Oldham Athletic v Liverpool
Stoke (/palace) v M City
Leeds United/Birmingham City v Tottenham Hotspur
(West Ham United/)Manchester United v Fulham/Blackpool
Southend United/Brentford v Chelsea

I can see the one's in bold but not Stoke v City, more likely if it is Palarse v City.
We have already done one upset this season (plus 2 last year) and last season we got spanked by Liverpool, the TV companies always like to see an upset or a spanking...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Seems so - Albion season ticket sales top 23,000 - Brighton & Hove Albion FC - Mid Sussex Times. Which means if a visiting club took a full 15%, as Arsenal surely would, there would be precious few tickets available for non-STHs once segregation is taken into account.

There will be some STHs who can't go, certainly, but you can bet most will have chums who they'd buy their tickets for.

Which means that unless you're a season ticket holder... you stand next to no chance of getting a ticket for this. So fingers crossed for those who miss out it's on tv.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
i think its time to move on from that, the crowd was good, very good in fact, and I would rather be in our situation than any other championship side that played at home saturday (Peterborogh aside) who had awful crowds, embarrassing crowds. Its people own choice whether they went or not and thats the end of it.
i was taking the piss a bit chucky, me and my boy did go to the newcastle at home match , but i am not a regular.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Been doing some research: seems both clubs agreeing on ticket prices is outdated (was the case last year, the amendment showing it is: http://www.thefa.com/Competitions/FACompetitions/TheFATrophy/match%20centre/darlington-mansfield-trophy-final/~/media/files/pdf/the%20fa%20cup%20and%20comps/competition%20rules%202011-12/compguidance2011-12.ashx/compguidance2011-12.pdf , and this year that still applies for the qualifying rounds, but in the competition proper this year, it seems there only needs to be agreement if away fans are charged more than home fans.

Thanks. That's interesting.

One thing that strikes me is that because we have so many 1901 STH, which are a set yearly fee regardless of the number of games, we must have to fork out around £50k to the opposition every time we are drawn at home in a cup competion, all for no additional ticket income. I am guessing we assign a nominal value of around £40 to £50 per 1901 seat per match. So we have to sell around 4 or 5 thousand tickets every home cup game (on top of the 1901 seats) just to break even.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannnot see how the club can possibly sell tickets before it is known whether it will be televised or not as there must be many issues for many supporters concerning the purchase of tickets for times other than 3.00pm Saturday.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If it were me...

- ST holders from now-ish until the day before the Arsenal v Swansea replay.

- General sale for the morning of the replay (to try and get as many people buying on the hope of Arsenal as possible).

I apprecite what you're saying but my one concern is when will the date / time be announced? Presumably before the replay of Swans / Arse? So will the TV take a gamble we'll get Arsenal which presumably will be a better one for them to show live? Or could it mean the TV don't televise us as they wont know the fixture until late?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Seems so - Albion season ticket sales top 23,000 - Brighton & Hove Albion FC - Mid Sussex Times. Which means if a visiting club took a full 15%, as Arsenal surely would, there would be precious few tickets available for non-STHs once segregation is taken into account.

There will be some STHs who can't go, certainly, but you can bet most will have chums who they'd buy their tickets for.

FFS Bozza, I was about to post the same link, but then scrolled down and saw you'd posted it. :nono:
I was also about to make the same point about others not attending.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I cannnot see how the club can possibly sell tickets before it is known whether it will be televised or not as there must be many issues for many supporters concerning the purchase of tickets for times other than 3.00pm Saturday.

No one is saying they will

The TV games will probably be decided soon with a couple of TBA's. we will be on TV and I'm confident it will be announced within a few days with tickets going on sale either this Friday or early next week

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Yes, yes we've done that already. TV games needs to be resolved before any tickets can be sold.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

A lot of people will be disappointed. Maybe the club could look at cup games differently in the future. if STHs are not willing to take up their seat for the 1 ST cup games and the club have to sell their seat to someone else. Then maybe that person who paid for the seat has first dibs on it for the next round match. It should be loyalty based, I know people on here will say its a cost issue. But if we had drawn Arsenal in the last round it would have sold out.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A lot of people will be disappointed. Maybe the club could look at cup games differently in the future. if STHs are not willing to take up their seat for the 1 ST cup games and the club have to sell their seat to someone else. Then maybe that person who paid for the seat has first dibs on it for the next round match. It should be loyalty based, I know people on here will say its a cost issue. But if we had drawn Arsenal in the last round it would have sold out.

I can't see what can be more loyal than going to 23 league games a season

The fact that a bunch of people show up on the odd occasion when a big name comes to town (a la Newcastle) shouldn't mean they then get priority to those paying week in week out to watch stuff like Barnsley on a cold Tuesday night or such like.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I can't see what can be more loyal than going to 23 league games a season

The fact that a bunch of people show up on the odd occasion when a big name comes to town (a la Newcastle) shouldn't mean they then get priority to those paying week in week out to watch stuff like Barnsley on a cold Tuesday night or such like.[/QUOTE

That's not always the case for STHs is it though, you have some who share it around, some who have one and can not make Night games. A lot of non STHs go to just as many matches. The cups are separate from the ST, therefore loyalty should be added as an when people buy cup tickets

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

S.S.Shambles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here