Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buy your ticket for Arsenal (...or Swansea)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ticket prices have to be agreed between both clubs, would swansea or arsenal want to tempt fate by making arrangements? Would they come to the same agreements?

We had a replay v wrexham last season, with the prize being the home game v Newcastle, we waited then, why not now?

That was a completely different situation, as WE were the ones having the replay. We couldn't start selling tickets for a game that might have never happened!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I don't care who we play - both would be good games.

I think the minimum requirement to start selling tickets is a date, a time and a price.

I don't think you can expect people to shell out without that info as some may have work or other commitments.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Wouldn't it be normal practise if it can be agreed with the 2 other clubs for the home side to be selling tickets as there is only 3 weeks to fill the stadium?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ticket prices have to be agreed between both clubs, would swansea or arsenal want to tempt fate by making arrangements? Would they come to the same agreements?

We had a replay v wrexham last season, with the prize being the home game v Newcastle, we waited then, why not now?

...because we might have lost and not had a game?

Both Swansea and Arsenal will have no issues with full price tickets.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We cannot sell tickets (except for the auto-cup ones) until the date and time have been set, so wait for the TV companies. They cannot wait until the replay as they have to set their tv matches quite soon I would guess.

Nothing to stop the club discussing cost/allocation with both teams now so everything will be in place for the morning after the replay, and I would expect them to do so.

Are any of the possible away seats STH's this year ??? who may have to move, don't know

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Can't really see how the club can be selling tickets until opponents resolved and date of tie confirmed! (other than to 'super-fans' of course)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That was a completely different situation, as WE were the ones having the replay. We couldn't start selling tickets for a game that might have never happened!

...because we might have lost and not had a game?

Yes, but the point was that we easily managed to sell tens of thousands of tickets (21,558 showed up - I believe last season attendances were those that showed up, not those that bought tickets, so tickets sold may well be higher than that) in a short period of time. Why assume we won't/can't do that now?

Both Swansea and Arsenal will have no issues with full price tickets.

That assumes brighton want to charge full price. Maybe it's not about whether they accept full price, but about how much of a discount they'd be ok with. We'd probably be fine with doncaster charging their full price if we were drawn away to them, but that would still be a cheaper ticket for our fans. If Doncaster wanted to discount tickets, we might not be so accommodating because a reduced cut (in comparison to a full price home ticket prices) is one thing, to accept a further reduction because Doncaster want to charge theirfans less is another thing.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Apart from not knowing the oppo yet, shirley we can't start selling tickets when we don't know the date and K.O?

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I'd wish to do something similar. One small issue though is that, the prices have to be agreed with the opposition, and we do not yet know who that will be. Not that it's insurmountable - it just means that this discussion ("We intend to charge standard full prices. Are you okay with that?") needs to take place with both Swansea and Arsenal.

You only need the consent of the opposition if you want to reduce ticket prices. They can't prevent you from charging your normal matchday prices.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, but the point was that we easily managed to sell tens of thousands of tickets (21,558 showed up - I believe last season attendances were those that showed up, not those that bought tickets, so tickets sold may well be higher than that) in a short period of time. Why assume we won't/can't do that now?

Because I believe...

I) Arsenal are more attractive opponents than Swansea.

II) There would be higher demand for Arsenal, which would sell out, than Swansea, which might not.

III) If the club gave people a chance to secure their ticket for the 4th Round, a lot of people who might be hesitant about paying to see Swansea, would gamble on Arsenal winning and commit early.

I might be wrong, of course.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apart from not knowing the oppo yet, shirley we can't start selling tickets when we don't know the date and K.O?

Agreed, but the 4th round TV stuff will be resolved long before the third round replays have been played.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Whoever we play it'll be full-price. And that's fine by me.

Incidentally... if we play the arse, i assume they'll take the full 15% allocation. Without doing the sums... if you take 15% away from our current capacity, i reckon it leaves roughly the number of season ticket holders we have, so if most people take up their seat option very few tickets will be left over for non season ticket holders with loyalty points.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Whoever we play it'll be full-price. And that's fine by me.

Incidentally... if we play the arse, i assume they'll take the full 15% allocation. Without doing the sums... if you take 15% away from our current capacity, i reckon it leaves roughly the number of season ticket holders we have, so if most people take up their seat option very few tickets will be left over for non season ticket holders with loyalty points.

Unless they get those extra seats in damn quick...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We can't possibly sell tickets until a date/time has been agreed as well as prices and allocations and I doubt either of the 2 clubs would want to do that until after the replay.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The naive part of me hopes they'll charge the same price REGARDLESS of the opposition for this one.

The REALLY naive part of me hopes it costs no more then the Newcastle game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here