Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bus lanes

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hawtree is a fool and a menace. He lives on a different planet to the rest of us. I can't describe what joy it brings me knowing he's standing to be the MP for Hove and Portslade in May !

I know this is a bit off-topic but what on earth possessed them to select him? He's a posing, preening idiot. I guess this is the trouble with the Greens, there are some good people - Caroline Lucas has proved herself to be an excellent MP - but they're few and far between

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I know this is a bit off-topic but what on earth possessed them to select him? He's a posing, preening idiot. I guess this is the trouble with the Greens, there are some good people - Caroline Lucas has proved herself to be an excellent MP - but they're few and far between

He's a paper candidate, basically.

Hove & Portslade is a fight between Peter Kyle (Lab) and Graham Cox (Con).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

You left off hypocrite. Before standing for election he was a well known library campaigner who would fight to stop a penny being dropped from the library budget. Gets elected and actually votes for cuts in library services ( and he didn't have to as the Greens aren't whipped ).

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
If you haven't got a keycard and you commute every day using the bus, you're being very silly. Even a one day saver using the keycard, you will save 60p a day - but it can be as low as £2 a day, if you buy in "bulk". It all adds up.

Edit: I was over eager, I now see that someone already said similar. I agree that £4.70 is insanely expensive, but you don't have to pay that much.

Just to confirm I dont pay that much I was just illustrating the discrepancy in prices vs distance. Eastbourne to Brighton the same price as a return within the city. Even with a keycard both prices are lowered, however the EB-BTN distance is far greater.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here