Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burslem Today................

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Most pubs around Brighton Station allow away fans in for most games. The exceptions are the games where the opposing fans have a bit of a reputation - then some do become "home only". The Swan used to operate in the sane way - maybe they've changed permanently now. I'd have thought for the visit of Port Vale most pubs would be welcoming.

I was surprised that when we visited Ipswich earlier this season most town centre pubs were "home fans only".

Well, the Bell, Queens, Standard and Grand Central all have people checking tickets on match days....from experience, I have also seen groups of away fans moved on from the Albert and the Nelson......the Swan has been home only since a Middlesbrough's group took over the main bar (1st season?.?.)....taking the piss a bit.

Ipswich pubs near the ground have been home only for many years.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Do landlords need to apply for some kind of special license to stop away fans from entering a "public" house?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Well, the Bell, Queens, Standard and Grand Central all have people checking tickets on match days....from experience, I have also seen groups of away fans moved on from the Albert and the Nelson......the Swan has been home only since a Middlesbrough's group took over the main bar (1st season?.?.)....taking the piss a bit.

Ipswich pubs near the ground have been home only for many years.

Brighton has a poor reputation in Ipswich since the 70's when we trashed a town centre pub.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When we played the last game of the season in the League One Championship season all the pubs had police dressed in full riot gear standing on the doors. it was quite surreal given the fact that so many Albion fans were in fancy dress and just looking to have a good time. Nasty atmosphere due to completely ott policing.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I was in the Railway Bell after the Bournemouth and Birmingham games and there were away supporters in there, and bouncers on the door. Iv'e also been in the Hikers recently and there were away supporters in there.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I was in the Railway Bell after the Bournemouth and Birmingham games and there were away supporters in there, and bouncers on the door. Iv'e also been in the Hikers recently and there were away supporters in there.

Away fans are not welcome in the railway bell, if by chance they do get in, they are soon asked to leave

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
fans got jumped on last night according to twitter,attacked from behind???

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

i dont think thats correct shirley

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Different rules seem to apply after games,... agreed on that.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Well i must have been dreaming then or talking to supporters pretending to be fans of the opposition. The fans in the Hikers even had their team colours on.
Dreaming.......

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
I was surprised that when we visited Ipswich earlier this season most town centre pubs were "home fans only".

What are you classing as "town centre pubs"?

As we visited 3 completely "away" pubs - The Station (opposite bizarrely the Railway Station) and 2 further ones down Princes Street, one before the Portman Road turning and one after...

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
well the Queens head allow away fans in as i go there before pretty much every game and there are always away fans in it unless its palace or millwall. Evening Star always has away fans in it. More often there are more than home fans. I think the Bell is more picky about it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Seriously somerset, i must admit that i was a bit surprised.
1st season we drank pre match in the hikers quite a few games when parking in Coldean, the landlady actually turned away several away groups, but most took a look at the oiks standing around in the carpark and moved swiftly on.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here