Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are a few candidates among the playoff teams in Championship. Blackburn and Middlesbrough are two teams not exactly famous for their slick football.

Other than those and possibly some other Championship team, I dont think there's too many that would get the hoofball reputation. Which is a bit sad, while I wouldnt want to watch it week in week out I do like when there's a variety of play styles in football. Unfortunately I think, with the amount of time and money put into researching football, that the sport will be a "solved" game in due time with all teams playing in a similar "optimal" way.

This.

Blackburn bypassed their entire midfield with 90 minutes of (effective) very long hoofs in the recent televised Ewood game against Boro.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Burnley will be bringing the smallest following I think we will have ever seen since we’ve been in the Premier League based on the fact another block of the South Stand is on sale to home fans now.

Hopefully will be a cracking atmosphere.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Just imagine how many Burnley fans at the amex if it was a 8pm ko on a Monday night ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

To be fair, Burnley do really bloody well for support considering not only the fact it has a population of 88k but also the fact that down the road one way are united and city and down the road the other way are Liverpool and Everton. Not to mention a host of other clubs within a stone's throw of the town.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
To be fair, Burnley do really bloody well for support considering not only the fact it has a population of 88k but also the fact that down the road one way are united and city and down the road the other way are Liverpool and Everton. Not to mention a host of other clubs within a stone's throw of the town.
Just a little smaller than Hove, in fact.

Plenty of other clubs within a stone's throw of the town. That's why we have so many broken windows. :down: Leeds is a good bit nearer than Liverpool, actually.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just a little smaller than Hove, in fact.

Plenty of other clubs within a stone's throw of the town. That's why we have so many broken windows. :down: Leeds is a good bit nearer than Liverpool, actually.

I went to Burnley V Liverpool in 1975 and then Burnley V Blackburn in 1976(?) stood in the Longside - very 'interesting' to say the least...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes - twice

23 Feb 2013 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley W 1-0 League Championship
24 Aug 2013 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley W 2-0 League Championship

That's the one where Heaton got sent off after picking up two yellows - the only opposition goalie I can remember getting red carded at the Amex. We could do with another red card on Saturday, Burnley seem to get away with a lot

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
That's the one where Heaton got sent off after picking up two yellows - the only opposition goalie I can remember getting red carded at the Amex. We could do with another red card on Saturday, Burnley seem to get away with a lot
A bit ironic to mention that our goalkeeper was sent off for dropping the ball and catching it again before it was touched by another player, and then saying we get away with a lot!

We have had 1 man sent off in the last 5 years. How does that compare with you? ???

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
A bit ironic to mention that our goalkeeper was sent off for dropping the ball and catching it again before it was touched by another player, and then saying we get away with a lot!

We have had 1 man sent off in the last 5 years. How does that compare with you? ???

I think burnley maybe harshly done by on here, but a certain central midfielder not getting sent off has left a bitter taste in our mouths.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the bottom three has formed itself already. Shame, as any of the three above would be a joy to see slip in there.

I can't see Burnley finding their way back anytime soon. That takeover just stinks.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Not really taking sides here (I don't watch Burnley that much so don't know either way) but this could be used as evidence to show that Burnley get away with a lot.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I think you have answered your own question there.

You get away with loads because refs are intimidated by your whinging manager.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Haha. This is wildly myopic.

The second yellow was warranted, if a little harsh. But any Burnley fan complaining about it, is conveniently ignoring that Heaton should not have been on the pitch at that stage. His first yellow, for bringing down Will Buckley outside the box when clean through on an open goal, was about the straightest straight red you could ever hope to see.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Burnley been playing alright and showing some fight the last few games.

Exactly the type of game we will lose 0-1

Possible for sure, they will sit in and make it very hard for sure, and we do struggle against teams that do that.

We will need to move the ball quick, you cant wait for the game to come to you against Burnley.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Possible for sure, they will sit in and make it very hard for sure, and we do struggle against teams that do that.

We will need to move the ball quick, you cant wait for the game to come to you against Burnley.

Will they? I’m not so sure, they are very physical but took the game to us up there and the season before. A point is not much use to Burnley already.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
It's going to be a war of attrition for 90 minutes Saturday.
Standby for the whiners and whingers coming out in force on here at 5.00pm if it ends in a 0-0 !!!

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I think about 6 clubs within 20 miles of Burnley and then Liverpool Manchester.Leeds not far away. Amazing how the small clubs survive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here