Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This was something he was praised for when appointed because when it works it's seen as a tactical masterclass.

Still working well then?

Perhaps this is another masterclass from GP.

Showing TB and the recruitment team that he needs some new recruits.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's all a ploy to keep Biss at the club until the window shuts, then POW! unbeaten for the rest of the season as Europe beckons.
Or we are rubbish.
Anyway here we go.
Standby for action.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
What's happened to Sanchez? What a difference to last season.

And Gross at left back - you simply could'nt make it up.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Footballs back!

I've got some ranting to do. Best ignore me,

Brighton: What in the name of ****buggery are we doing defending corners?! Why is Gross left wing back and March right? Unfathomable to me in my hyped up ranting mood!

Burnley: 363 days a year I really couldn't give a shit about them but the two days we have to play them, my God, I hate the ****ers. Really, really, despise them. I hate their **** of a manager. I hate their cheating, cynical, aggressive, dirty prick of a team. I hate that they seem to be reffed to a different standard to the rest of us. Just because they've not left the 80's doesn't mean you have to ref like its still the ****ing 80s. I hate their racist, homophobic, thick as shit, dumbcunt fans. And I really, really hate that every time we play them we end up playing their game rather than our own.

This!

it isn't just a moan about unlucky us.
There is a distinct difference in the level of physical challenges allowed at Turf Moor than any other Prem ground.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He is certain to fail this season if we don’t sign the players we have needed for a year now. We are also a very injury prone side at the moment. Potter is doomed if he doesn’t get the tools. It’s OK though because it will be his fault and someone much better will be brought in to turn it around :rolleyes:

Totally agree, he's being hung out to dry by the recruitment team or lack of quality reinforcements for whatever the underlying reason is.

Our competitors have gone out and done the business, while we sell and "assess options" [in the bargain bin]. for a team that hits around 40 points in a good year, you simply cannot afford to go into a season half cocked, with big holes in the squad and expect for that to be of no incident at the business end in april/may. You must be fully competitive in every match and we dont look it so far today. Gross at LWB is ridiculous and no fault on Gross

Our recruitment is often like the way we play, slow, ponderous, mistakes and ineffectual in key areas.

I feel sorry for GP who is just too nice and polite to speak his mind on it.

Its half time, we live in hope of a turn around, but this was entirely predictable. So far this season, Potter is being let down......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totally agree, he's being hung out to dry by the recruitment team or lack of quality reinforcements for whatever the underlying reason is.

Our competitors have gone out and done the business, while we sell and "assess options" [in the bargain bin]. for a team that hits around 40 points in a good year, you simply cannot afford to go into a season half cocked, with big holes in the squad and expect for that to be of no incident at the business end in april/may. You must be fully competitive in every match and we dont look it so far today. Gross at LWB is ridiculous and no fault on Gross

Our recruitment is often like the way we play, slow, ponderous, mistakes and ineffectual in key areas.

I feel sorry for GP who is just too nice and polite to speak his mind on it.

Its half time, we live in hope of a turn around, but this was entirely predictable. So far this season, Potter is being let down......

Our first 11 deficencies were glaring throughout the entire 2020/21 season.

Nowt done about it.

(... so far).

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Yet we still have 65% possession, as opposed to Burnley's 35% (BBC stats).

I can only assume that they’re counting the time that we waste before taking free kicks and corners as us being in possession then, coz I’m absolutely not seeing us keeping the ball for any length of time when we’re actually in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here