Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Mee and Lowton should have had yellows.
Can't decide if Maupay is looking sharp, petulant, impotent or just the same as last year. His 'challenge' after Mee hit the bar was a joke.
Burnley will time waste all half. Evertime we get momentum, they'll go down. Dark arts no-one speaks about vis sa vis them.
We don't get enough players forwards - maybe this will change second half when one of the centre backs comes off.
Hi Graham. What formation are you playing?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Same old Burnley, same old Brighton. I could have written match report for this game hours ago

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Footballs back!

I've got some ranting to do. Best ignore me,

Brighton: What in the name of ****buggery are we doing defending corners?! Why is Gross left wing back and March right? Unfathomable to me in my hyped up ranting mood!

Burnley: 363 days a year I really couldn't give a shit about them but the two days we have to play them, my God, I hate the ****ers. Really, really, despise them. I hate their **** of a manager. I hate their cheating, cynical, aggressive, dirty prick of a team. I hate that they seem to be reffed to a different standard to the rest of us. Just because they've not left the 80's doesn't mean you have to ref like its still the ****ing 80s. I hate their racist, homophobic, thick as shit, dumbcunt fans. And I really, really hate that every time we play them we end up playing their game rather than our own.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Pretty easy, isn't it?

Sanchez
Duffy Dunk Webster
Alzate Mwepu Bissouma March
Gross Trossard
Maupay

The front three might be a bit more fluid. Might be a back four also, with March at LB, Webster at RB, and Alzate moving into midfield.

Apparently not that easy seeing that the players have no idea

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Alzate for Lallana, Größ for Andone, stick Trossard on the wing and swap him and March over.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Would be one of the worst first halves of last season, if it was still last season.

We just don't look ready for this game.

Our best players (Dunk, Bissouma, Sanchez) are making poor mistakes. Duffy is being asked to a job he simply doesn't have the ability to do. Gross is too slow to make an impact as left wing back. Alzate in a strange central defensive position?

March probably our best player so far, fewest mistakes and the best touches.

Horrible football from Burnley - typical Burnley goal - although they could easily be 3-0 up tonight having hit the post and had one cleared off the line.

Some serious changes needed in the 2nd half from Potter... Or at least some strong words with the team.

Need Lallana on for the 2nd - that's a no brainer.

Prediction - Better performance in the 2nd, but where will the goal come from? 1-0 Burnley.

Perhaps they were really pissed off to see White go for 50m and hoped it had been them.

Then they saw how he played and realised that they actually might be as shite as that and it’s messing with their heads.

(this is a light hearted post)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Feels like we’re undercooked and obviously **** all up front. That said it’s only one so we can still get something here.

Come on Brighton.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Even our best players look poor.

Commentator made a good point - we played 3 friendlies, Burnley played 7.

It looks like we're not ready. Especially for such a physical fixture like this.

Thats a terrible stat. Will feed into the 'when players are more up to speed' bollocks after the game. WHat were the club thinking having 3 friendlies. WTF is going on?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Burnley look fitter than us, combined with zero protection from the ref and our ineptitude up front can’t see us getting anything out of this. Their centre backs won’t get sent off if they assault any of our players

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sadly Duffy looks out of his depth, as does Alzate. Most others look poor and fearful of career ending challenge. How they keep 11 men on the field is beyond me.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I'd like to know how we've go into a new season with Gross playing wingback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty shocking really although suppose amptey and Veltman are out. That said Gross is not a wing back. Possibly the last player i'd play there!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here