Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley v Derby tonight

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Burnley are very good and unlike most they're banging the goals in and look good for a top two spot.

We're scoring a fair bit which is quite unlike us. Dyche's strategy tends to be about avoiding defeat, he'll happily sit deep and wait and walk away with a 0-0. We seem to look more towards forcing errors in the opposition than creating a great deal, recently this has borne fruit because teams will chance their arm and give us a sniff.

All of the above is very much aided by how disciplined we are in the set up and this itself is because Dyche has had a core set of players to work with for some time. We've also got a cracking centre forward who can hit teams hard on the counter.

Like most fans I'm waiting for that awful injury moment....I certainly think Albion will be up there and if they fail this season then certainly favourites next. I really like Hughton and you've got that core of players who will come good. Just need a bit of patience, which is scarce with footy fans at the best of times.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
problem is if we don't go up the majority of our best players will be picked off and appear in the PL next season anyway a-la Bridcutt, Bennet, Buckley, Leo....
Not so sure. I think Albion fans vastly overrate kayal and stephens. Can't really think of any other players that would leave apart from knockaert maybe? Solly will be safe for another few months coming back from injury.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am not bothered about the others really. I think if we can get most people fit then I think we have a very capable team. And by capable I mean automatic promotion. Sadly though, I don't think we have a ''capable squad'' for automatic promotion yet but I think we are getting there.

Yes, how I feel too....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Derby may have steadied the meltdown by signing Olsson in defence.

I do hope not, was looking forward to them reaching critical mass, and the chairman going nuclear.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Not so sure. I think Albion fans vastly overrate kayal and stephens. Can't really think of any other players that would leave apart from knockaert maybe? Solly will be safe for another few months coming back from injury.

Kayal has been the best player on the field (for either side) in about HALF of our games this season.

Stephens is good enough for Derby (who already have the strongest set of centre midfielders in the Championship) to offer c £4m for him. When they couldn't prise him away they had to bid in excess of that for their second choice, Butterfield.

Knockaert, Dunk and March would 100% be targeted. Possibly Stockdale, too if he keeps up his current form.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Kayal is absolutely not overrated - it's just that he is absolute quality. It is surely no coincidence that his worst form of the season coincided with our barren 8 games. He looked slightly off the pace at QPR a few weeks back when we threw away a 2 goal lead, and in dire need of a rest. Hopefully with Sidwell signed and a two week FA Cup enforced break, he might get the chance for one. Personally, I think Stephens isn't as consistent, but nevertheless I doubt there are even a dozen Championship central midfielders I'd rather replace him with. i.e. he's probably our second best central midfielder, and he'd absolutely walk into around 18 of the 24 Championship starting XIs.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How did they do that as there are no left backs available. Sorry being facetious as he would have probably been expensive but if you want the goods you have to pay the market price or go without.

And what happens when Bong returns? We have two left backs floating about both on long deals?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Kayal is absolutely not overrated - it's just that he is absolute quality. It is surely no coincidence that his worst form of the season coincided with our barren 8 games. He looked slightly off the pace at QPR a few weeks back when we threw away a 2 goal lead, and in dire need of a rest. Hopefully with Sidwell signed and a two week FA Cup enforced break, he might get the chance for one. Personally, I think Stephens isn't as consistent, but nevertheless I doubt there are even a dozen Championship central midfielders I'd rather replace him with. i.e. he's probably our second best central midfielder, and he'd absolutely walk into around 18 of the 24 Championship starting XIs.
I think kayal is great at championship level and one of the best in this league. When I've seen him 4 or 5 times for israel he looks very average against international players.

I could definitely see a premier league club being interested but I'm not sure they would pay big bucks. Nevertheless we need to tie him down to a longer contract.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think kayal is great at championship level and one of the best in this league. When I've seen him 4 or 5 times for israel he looks very average against international players.

I could definitely see a premier league club being interested but I'm not sure they would pay big bucks. Nevertheless we need to tie him down to a longer contract.

I have only seen him play about 3 times for Israel and yes, he's looked average. But it probably just goes to show that there really are only about 10 players in the world who can look world class in a team of cloggers.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Kayal has been the best player on the field (for either side) in about HALF of our games this season.

Stephens is good enough for Derby (who already have the strongest set of centre midfielders in the Championship) to offer c £4m for him. When they couldn't prise him away they had to bid in excess of that for their second choice, Butterfield.

Knockaert, Dunk and March would 100% be targeted. Possibly Stockdale, too if he keeps up his current form.

I would bet my left testicle that none of the first team will be sold in this transfer window

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here