Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley v Derby tonight

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Burnley not overly impressive but they're on a cracking run.

I saw the Burnley match at Brentford. Brentford were far better side but Burnley are just one of those sides that can kill a game stone dead as soon as they get in the lead and invite teams on to them and be quite clinical if they get a goal chance. Dyche is an excellent Manager.

The year they went up they got hardly any injuries during the whole season. This run has coincided again with no injuries recently for them

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I saw the Burnley match at Brentford. Brentford were far better side but Burnley are just one of those sides that can kill a game stone dead as soon as they get in the lead and invite teams on to them and be quite clinical if they get a goal chance. Dyche is an excellent Manager.

The year they went up they got hardly any injuries during the whole season. This run has coincided again with no injuries recently for them
All true, but you forget the injury to our old favorite Bashley Barnes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Derby fan forum is worth popping into if you've got a spare 10 mins. Marvellous scenes. Sample comment :

Posted 10 minutes ago
I don't honestly know what to say.

Well, other than: I have a season ticket for sale...

we're a mess - the club is just poisonous at the minute. I mean for the love of ****, we've got Chris Baird and Andreas Weimann's wife kicking off on twitter about the team selection.

It's like a really, really long and **** episode of dream team - or footballer's wives for that matter

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Derby fan forum is worth popping into if you've got a spare 10 mins. Marvellous scenes. Sample comment :

Posted 10 minutes ago

we're a mess - the club is just poisonous at the minute. I mean for the love of ****, we've got Chris Baird and Andreas Weimann's wife kicking off on twitter about the team selection.

It's like a really, really long and **** episode of dream team - or footballer's wives for that matter
Long may it continue.

Forest fans must be doing the conga through Nottingham with this circus going on.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Posted 10 minutes ago

Purrfect

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It is, of course, fun seeing teams implode, especially when they do it so often, and that it looks like it might be their year, then they implode again. But is also possible that it is just a poor run of form that they will get over and return to an impressive winning run. It's just their fans are, like all fans, concerned by the current run. Some of our fans feared the worst over Christmas, and we don't really have the history of imploding that Derby do. I'm enjoying their current run, but am not convinced, yet, that it will be as bad as previous seasons.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well I'm quite happy to enjoy their demise whilst it lasts

el punal

Is this history repeating itself? Just under a year ago Derby had the title in their pocket. They played Fulham at Craven Cottage and suffered a shock defeat. Then they came to the Amex and completely outplayed us for an hour but couldn't score, we did - twice. After that they only won twice to the end of the season and finished eighth in the league. Implosion time again?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bizarre game. As bizarre as they get, nearly (unless you watch, Brighton, Newcastle or Sunderland and running them close)

Derby were easily the best side and

Burnley were restricted to bashing long balls into the opposing box and trying long shots from ridiculous distances.

But who would have thought the Derby defence would deal with it by heading into their own net, giving away two penalties (basically by getting their directions arse about face) and then the last one was a bit unliucky (who would shoot from that far out when better options were on).

Derby lost only 3 points. All their boobs came in one match. Any decent team would split their boobs over three match and lose nine points.

The whole match seemed in slow motion. Derby controlling the pace at their same slow level?

I thought Derby restricted Burnley to virtually no chances and contrived to commit suicide four times.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959248/Live

Last edited:

theboybilly

Bizarre game. As bizarre as they get, nearly (unless you watch, Brighton, Newcastle or Sunderland and running them close)

Derby were easily the best side and

Burnley were restricted to bashing long balls into the opposing box and trying long shots from ridiculous distances.

But who would have thought the Derby defence would deal with it by heading into their own net, giving away two penalties (basically by getting their directions arse about face) and then the last one was a bit unliucky (who would shoot from that far out when better options were on).

Derby lost only 3 points. All their boobs came in one match. Any decent team would split their boobs over three match and lose nine points.

The whole match seemed in slow motion. Derby controlling the pace at their same slow level?

I thought Derby restricted Burnley to virtually no chances and contrived to commit suicide four times.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959248/Live

Derby supporters don't seem to se it that way, Tonight they might have been a bit unlucky (they didn't make the Burnley keeper work that hard though) but recent performances, not just results, have seen a fair few starting to want Clement's head and the Chairman to open his wallet yet again. Personally I think Derby will ride this rough patch out. I don't think Burnley can keep this run going much longer and Hull are due some injuries and suspensions which will have their fans in meltdown as they were 4 or 5 games ago. A little club from the South Coast should be ready to take advantage

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Derby supporters don't seem to se it that way, Tonight they might have been a bit unlucky (they didn't make the Burnley keeper work that hard though) but recent performances, not just results, have seen a fair few starting to want Clement's head and the Chairman to open his wallet yet again. Personally I think Derby will ride this rough patch out. I don't think Burnley can keep this run going much longer and Hull are due some injuries and suspensions which will have their fans in meltdown as they were 4 or 5 games ago. A little club from the South Coast should be ready to take advantage

I keep saying it but it is in our hands as we have all the teams above and just below us to play, win them games and anything is possible.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I did not fall asleep and watched the whole match, Apart from the bit when the neeps started burning and I missed the first two goals.

In one Burnley match before I fell asleep.

It was fascinating because it was so slow. I should have fallen asleep really, but Derby kept in letting goals in which made it interesting.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Although Burnley were not particularly impressive they have a very solid defence and a poacher to put away their chances in Gray, if we could beat one of the top 6 4-1 and get 'outplayed' I'd be very positive. They are definitely the form team in the division along with Hull atm.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We should consolidate our place in the play offs, if we get automatic promotion we would be very lucky.
Given a top 6 position at the start off the season would have been more than most of us would have accepted.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Although Burnley were not particularly impressive they have a very solid defence and a poacher to put away their chances in Gray, if we could beat one of the top 6 4-1 and get 'outplayed' I'd be very positive. They are definitely the form team in the division along with Hull atm.

Agree, and it's shaping up as a 3 way fight for the 2 top places.

I can't help thinking our chances might have been better served if Derby had beaten them ... time will tell but I wouldn't write off Burnley winning this league

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I keep saying it but it is in our hands as we have all the teams above and just below us to play, win them games and anything is possible.

I agree. Only Middlesbrough have beaten us. Hull didn't score, Burnley & Derby both had to score just to get a point.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agree, and it's shaping up as a 3 way fight for the 2 top places.

I can't help thinking our chances might have been better served if Derby had beaten them ... time will tell but I wouldn't write off Burnley winning this league
5 way if you look at the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here