[Albion] Burnley taken over

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There are only so many decent white players though

:lolol:

I do sometimes wonder how Dwight McNeill slipped past the security at Turf Moor.

They seem to be trying to put all their 'black lives matter' eggs in one basket, now, in the shape of Joel Mumbongo (I shit you not); apparently they will sing black players, then, but only if their name sounds a bit racist and all the lads can have a laugh about it :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe. Apparently it took this Alan Pace guy about three games before he sacked the manager - replacing him with one of the teams starting strikers - and the director of football ("general manager") when he became over Real Salt Lake.

I think Dyche is 50% happy and 50% worried.

A mate of mine went for an interview in Salt Lake City (he's a high flying math modelling professor). He was backing away and looking for the door after about 30 seconds. Absolute ruthless cut-throat sharks, they were (the university admnistrators and leading academics interviewing him). In the Salt Lake blood, apparently. Dyche will be out on his ear seconds after asking the new owner how many wives he's got.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Ecorse, Michigan, apparently. Worse than Swanny's flat.

View attachment 131957

Tut Tut

Not good to get overly personal about Swansman

Just because he conceded to smoking dope doesn't mean his home is untidy.

He could well have a cleaner who pops in 3 times a week for all we know.

One of my best mates from school became a heroin addict later in life and passed away last year. Not once would I ever condemn his " life choices " and take the moral high ground on my own. He was still my mate no matter what he became.

If we want to be accepted in life for who we are then we have to be accepting of others for who they are.

On that note. A Happy New year to everyone.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They've a habit of picking up ex-ManUtd youngsters so maybe could use the money on some wages rather than huge transfer fees. Money wouldn't mean they have to totally change what they've been doing. Just let them do more of it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In a team that barely creates any chances.

Ashley Barnes - not sure why we sold him for a song all that time ago - and he's done well at Burnley but he's hardly prolific, always a walking red card risk, and he'd never come back here. Maupay for all his flaws has a better record.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I agree with everything you posted but i am trying to get across we would never, as fans, probably consider the likes of Dyche even though he does a better job at Burnley with the resources he has to work with than our Premier league managers have with our resources. Why is that? Such an underrated manager.

Just to add if we ever got rid of Potter i probably wouldn't consider Dyche....there just seems to be a mental block wanting him as our manager and yet he does so well at Burnley.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Dyche is one of the most misunderstood managers in British football. His accent, voice, haircut and playing career as the traditional big man at the back lead people to see an old-school Pulis-style long-ball manager, but ten-second clips on Match of the Day when he's lost a match don't tell you anything. He's a clever guy and very witty and self-deprecating in person. I imagine he'd set his teams up very differently if he had better players. I'd have him as our manager like a shot if the opportunity arose.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Dyche is one of the most misunderstood managers in British football. His accent, voice, haircut and playing career as the traditional big man at the back lead people to see an old-school Pulis-style long-ball manager, but ten-second clips on Match of the Day when he's lost a match don't tell you anything. He's a clever guy and very witty and self-deprecating in person. I imagine he'd set his teams up very differently if he had better players. I'd have him as our manager like a shot if the opportunity arose.

Never really considered it before but I think I agree. There is a snobbishness towards anything/anyone associated with Burnley that prevents many from seeing his merits.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ashley Barnes - not sure why we sold him for a song all that time ago - and he's done well at Burnley but he's hardly prolific, always a walking red card risk, and he'd never come back here. Maupay for all his flaws has a better record.

He’s had 2 red cards in over 160 matches in the Premier League.
He also has very similar shooting accuracy and goals per match records as Maupay.
And again, that’s playing for a very physical team that creates very few chances for its forwards.
I’m not saying he’s the man to fire us into Europe, but I can see a host of benefits in having someone as battle hardened and physical right now.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

So probably in conclusion Burnley have the manager they need atm. Time will tell if the new owners want to move Burnley forward with investment in the playing staff and possibly destroy the sterling work Dyche has done on a shoestring. Bigger more expensive is not always better.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tut Tut

One of my best mates from school became a heroin addict later in life and passed away last year. Not once would I ever condemn his " life choices " and take the moral high ground on my own. He was still my mate no matter what he became.

If we want to be accepted in life for who we are then we have to be accepting of others for who they are.

I'm sure he'll let me know if my joke was offensive :shrug:

Edit: clearly not (see post above). Snowflake :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tut Tut

I can only comment on the cleaner. Nobody who has a cleaner, even just once a month, would have a flat with minimal space left due to the amount of Pizza boxes in it :smile:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The Denver Broncos.

Dyche with money you say? He'd probably just pop to the butchers to buy the biggest bone he could get his hands on.

More like Cleveland Browns. or Detroit lions

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
[tweet]1343202818132471810[/tweet]

He'll be worth the money on this performance.
I'd like to see more of this from GP :lol:

He's a love to hate kind of guy, not sure we'd enjoy his brand of football, but you have to admire plain speaking from anyone in PL football world.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Never really considered it before but I think I agree. There is a snobbishness towards anything/anyone associated with Burnley that prevents many from seeing his merits.

Dyche has done exceedingly well with sparse funds. The northern/gruff voice/shaved head aspect means it's very easy to stereotype him. His record in bringing players through and developing them is underrated. Pope, Keane, Trippier, Tarkowski have all won caps under him (and developed hugely through working under him). McNeill is looking good and Taylor could get a cap in the next year or two if he continues his improvement (we need backup for Chilwell).

We don't have an extensive scouting network, so we need to get that in place to buy right. I reckon we'll try and get Pope and Tarkowski on new contracts and perhaps get a winger in. We can't keep relying on either Brady of JBG to be fit and McNeill can't be our only creative outlet. Up until last week our wingers were Erik Pieters (who we bought as cover for Taylor) and Benson (untried youngster). I expect we'll sell Vydra before we bring another forward in (if we do).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Really don't understand why people have such a low opinion - guy is a good mid table PL manager as is Eddie Howe. Sometimes they roll the dice and get it wrong but both have shown that they are good and better than our current manager. Could we do better than those 2, possibly but would they come here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here