Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley...I mean Burnley for christ sake!

Ramalanadingdong

May 6, 2014
As a Derby fan and a neutral Brighton have waaaaay more to offer to the prem than Burnley... .. south coast mega untapped catchement area for football ... Super stadium ..passionate fanbase ooozing potential for expansion ect.....

Comparing Brighton FC and Burnley FC is comparing the future against the past ... it's a draw. lol

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Looking at the post in question, no.

You're entitied to be wrong... read the post again, this time without the Burnley-tinted spectacles, and ask yourself this: which part of this post breaks which clause of the Act. You'll find that the answer is: none, and none.

Apr 5, 2016
You're entitied to be wrong... read the post again, this time without the Burnley-tinted spectacles, and ask yourself this: which part of this post breaks which clause of the Act. You'll find that the answer is: none, and none.

None of the post does, but if you'd carried the threat out, it would. Absolute nonsense to suggest it's a Burnley bias as the poster you were threatening was a complete and utter bell-pipe.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why Burnley? The more I think about it the more depressed I feel.

I mean a glum northern town with no prospects and not a lot of fans, David bloody Fishwick, dilapidated ground and a place no one in their right mind would want to go to.

Football gods, you have a strange way of dealing the cards!

That is all

Thing is back in the day,well pre 1978......they were a good sized club,Northern i grant you.....and as for the 20,000 capacity "Long side" built by the same workers that did Maine road's and the monster 30,000 capacity side stand at Leeds road...

Must have been some good nights there,Celtic among the visitors.....Burnley get a bad press,but a good club with good tradition and support....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
None of the post does, but if you'd carried the threat out, it would. Absolute nonsense to suggest it's a Burnley bias as the poster you were threatening was a complete and utter bell-pipe.

What a stupid post. You mean that it violates the data protection act to post something on the internet that can be found on the internet. :facepalm:

Apr 22, 2016
:shutup:
It's bad enough having so many Burnley fans lording it on here, now they are trying to tell us how to run the show. :wozza:

Not much happening on the Blackburn forum I guess.

You can run your forum however the **** you like, but if you start doxxing people or threatening to doxx people you're going to find that some of us, and it has **** all to do with the club supported, will find it to be out of order. I'd have the same opinion if it was a Brighton fan being threatened with doxxing on our forums. In fact i'd probably be more harsh with my criticism since i'd expect Burnley fans to conduct themselves better than that. Which, so far, they have. Not a single one of them, as far as i've seen, has brought up knowledge of anyone elses personal and private live.

If i was you i'd be embarrassed to support a team whose forums condones such actions from their moderation team.

I still want Brighton to go up instead of Boro, but if they don't then at least i'll have no reason to post in the footballing threads of a vastly inferior championship side. I'll reserve my visits for your Game of Thrones and Line of Duty threads.

Apr 22, 2016
Rest assured, there will be no bitterness should we win the title…and we still can.

If Brighton win the league it'll be in large part because Burnley have ****ed up massively, and therefore we don't deserve it. Any bitterness from Burnley fans in this case would simply be sour grapes from terrible people who probably kick kittens when they don't get their way.

It was not just the Barton incidents.

Please be about "The Stamp". There was **** all in that. How can a player collect another players moving leg 3 feet in the air, with one foot and drive it into the ground. The suggestion i've read from others that he did that deliberately is bullshit.
But hey, if there are other incidents i don't remember then feel free to share them. But the fact remains that Burnley haven't had a single suspension this season, even with "Barton the thug" as your lot and Boro fans like to call him. Where as you're had two players sent off, one of them twice, and another receive ten yellow cards.

Contrast that with Burnley's fair play record of only teo players receive 9 yellows, and the next closest receiving 5, and 0 reds, it is a bit embarrassing to see some fans complain about how Barton is a thig when clearly they have players who are evidently far worse.

I think you're going to have to find a different angle other than our disciple if you're going to criticise Burnley FC.

Chris Hughton is so fair-minded and dignified that he defended Barton’s actions

We love Chris Hughton, he doesn't bullshit like other manager do. Just like Sean Dyche. He doesn't fill the airwaves with bullshit either. He gives his honest assessment of things. You're not going to find many Burnley fans criticising Hughton. But it is weird the only issue you seem to take with Hughton is about Berton. Maybe you find a lot of things Hughton says to be disagreeable, but it really just looks like you hate Barton and anyone who defends him is wrong. Barton is a tackling midfielder. He gets knocked around like stupid by opposition players, including yours, because it's supposed to put him in his place or provoke a reaction that either gets him sent off, or hinders him for the rest of the game with a yellow card - which for a ball winning midfielder is extremely detrimental - yet every time it's happened he's just shrugged it off like an adult as part of the game. But sure, Barton's the thug.

Hughton was right to defend Barton, because Hughton knows what he's talking about. You and I don't.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I still want Brighton to go up instead of Boro, but if they don't then at least i'll have no reason to post in the footballing threads of a vastly inferior championship side. I'll reserve my visits for your Game of Thrones and Line of Duty threads.

I'm not sure a maximum of 5pts difference between the sides constitutes 'vastly inferior', especially with the daylight robbery when you came to our place. If you're going to jump to barton's defence then let's have an agreement that we don't mention that 'incident' (there were a few more but nvm) so long as you don't mention the 'incredible injustice' of a disallowed goal, which upon reflection we would have preferred you had scored so we had more time to go for a winner (we both know what dyche would have done had that been allowed). Let's just say you were incredibly fortunate on the day.

The only thing that matters are points on the board and for that reason you fully deserve to be promoted, and congratulations. Let's not pretend though that there is anything between the top 3 this season, you ended up being very slightly more consistent than us, through our own shortcomings with early season draws that we should have killed off.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You can run your forum however the **** you like,

Thanks for your permission to do that. It means a lot.

I'll reserve my visits for your Game of Thrones and Line of Duty threads.

Umm, actually - no, for the reasons explained before. You were a guest in our house and you've repeatedly crapped on the carpet because you don't like the curtains. It would have been polite to have quietly left. Instead you've waited for the bouncer to show you the door.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Brighton win the league it'll be in large part because Burnley have ****ed up massively, and therefore we don't deserve it. Any bitterness from Burnley fans in this case would simply be sour grapes from terrible people who probably kick kittens when they don't get their way.

Please be about "The Stamp". There was **** all in that. How can a player collect another players moving leg 3 feet in the air, with one foot and drive it into the ground. The suggestion i've read from others that he did that deliberately is bullshit.
But hey, if there are other incidents i don't remember then feel free to share them. But the fact remains that Burnley haven't had a single suspension this season, even with "Barton the thug" as your lot and Boro fans like to call him. Where as you're had two players sent off, one of them twice, and another receive ten yellow cards.

Contrast that with Burnley's fair play record of only teo players receive 9 yellows, and the next closest receiving 5, and 0 reds, it is a bit embarrassing to see some fans complain about how Barton is a thig when clearly they have players who are evidently far worse.

I think you're going to have to find a different angle other than our disciple if you're going to criticise Burnley FC.

We love Chris Hughton, he doesn't bullshit like other manager do. Just like Sean Dyche. He doesn't fill the airwaves with bullshit either. He gives his honest assessment of things. You're not going to find many Burnley fans criticising Hughton. But it is weird the only issue you seem to take with Hughton is about Berton. Maybe you find a lot of things Hughton says to be disagreeable, but it really just looks like you hate Barton and anyone who defends him is wrong. Barton is a tackling midfielder. He gets knocked around like stupid by opposition players, including yours, because it's supposed to put him in his place or provoke a reaction that either gets him sent off, or hinders him for the rest of the game with a yellow card - which for a ball winning midfielder is extremely detrimental - yet every time it's happened he's just shrugged it off like an adult as part of the game. But sure, Barton's the thug.

Hughton was right to defend Barton, because Hughton knows what he's talking about. You and I don't.

Hughton didn't defend Barton. He was diplomatic.

Barton is a thug. Anybody who stubs out a cigar in a young trainee's eye is a thug. Nobody can, or should defend that.

Humgul

Banned
May 5, 2016
Hughton didn't defend Barton. He was diplomatic.

Barton is a thug. Anybody who stubs out a cigar in a young trainee's eye is a thug. Nobody can, or should defend that.

To be fair from what I heard, the guy he did it too was a nasty piece of work himself.

Also a little town full of peasants like Burnley should be nowhere near the top league. They are a tin pot football club who have never won anything and have no fans. We have lots of fans, a big stadium and are a richer location in general. We deserve to be in the big league way more, in fact, them being in it is embarrassing. Disgusting horrible town full of no hopers and a disgusting horrible club full of losers and thugs.

They shouldn't even let them into the top league, I really believe that. Why do they deserve to go up? They have nothing of aesthetic value to offer the Premier league.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I laugh at people that get provoked so easily. I imagine that the OP laughs at them as well.

If a person can get so wound up about someone calling their town crap on a football forum, then the Internet is not really for them and they should get themselves a safe-space.

Well aren't you just a clever, little smug one, always spotting the wind-ups, always nodding sagely and always quick on the put-downs. Most of us come on this forum to try and debate most things BHA in a mature and sensible fashion and get a decent feel on the mood and attitude of other fans. There are, however, a small minority, who take great pleasure in a wind-up and sit back smugly and wait to see how many they can hook. Most of us are too busy in life to go around trying to work out whether every other comment is a wind-up, therefore we take most things at face value. We've left playground humour behind many years ago. We aren't all comedic geniuses like you, who can spot a spoof a million miles away. Keep it up, its hugely entertaining.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well aren't you just a clever, little smug one, always spotting the wind-ups, always nodding sagely and always quick on the put-downs. Most of us come on this forum to try and debate most things BHA in a mature and sensible fashion and get a decent feel on the mood and attitude of other fans. There are, however, a small minority, who take great pleasure in a wind-up and sit back smugly and wait to see how many they can hook. Most of us are too busy in life to go around trying to work out whether every other comment is a wind-up, therefore we take most things at face value. We've left playground humour behind many years ago. We aren't all comedic geniuses like you, who can spot a spoof a million miles away. Keep it up, its hugely entertaining.
Time of the month?

Burnleylad

May 2, 2014
To be fair from what I heard, the guy he did it too was a nasty piece of work himself.

Also a little town full of peasants like Burnley should be nowhere near the top league. They are a tin pot football club who have never won anything and have no fans. We have lots of fans, a big stadium and are a richer location in general. We deserve to be in the big league way more, in fact, them being in it is embarrassing. Disgusting horrible town full of no hopers and a disgusting horrible club full of losers and thugs.

They shouldn't even let them into the top league, I really believe that. Why do they deserve to go up? They have nothing of aesthetic value to offer the Premier league.

All my replies up till now have been very polite and complimentary about Brighton but you sir "are a complete asshole" :tosser:

And before anybody says anything, I do realise that this doesn't represent the majority of Brighton supporters :bigwave:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All my replies up till now have been very polite and complimentary about Brighton but you sir "are a complete asshole" :tosser:

And before anybody says anything, I do realise that this doesn't represent the majority of Brighton supporters :bigwave:

Agreed, good luck next season and we hope to be joining you.

Given that it is the first post from the poster you refer to, it will be some time before he posts again, as clearly a troll.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

He's a palace fan creating ill feeling. It's their current 'hilarious' passtime.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here