Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley...I mean Burnley for christ sake!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The quality of my life goes beyond the aesthetics of my surroundings. Maybe that's why I happen across a better class of people here than I do on forums of clubs who live in nicer towns but are bitter that despite a nice seaside they are left supporting inferior football clubs.
If your life was so great, you wouldn't feel the need to sign up to the forums of teams that you don't support to gloat because your team has done well.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The whole 'Burnley is a shithole nehhh' thing is about as fresh and original as the 'all Brighton fans are bummers' thing. Give it a rest.

Same goes for the 'they play shit football' thing, who ****ing cares how they play? They got promoted and deserved it. About time some twats on here just let it go and focus on what is to come for us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A girl has no name.

Now finding out what is going to happen next with her is way more interesting than worrying about L'il Burnley!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The whole 'Burnley is a shithole nehhh' thing is about as fresh and original as the 'all Brighton fans are bummers' thing. Give it a rest.

Same goes for the 'they play shit football' thing, who ****ing cares how they play? They got promoted and deserved it. About time some twats on here just let it go and focus on what is to come for us.

who are you calling a ****?

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
I care that the success of my football team is far less important to the happiness in my life than other more meaningful things. I have nothing against Burnley FC, particularly given the way that they gave 100% against Reading 2 years ago. However, I would not swap living there for anything, so your attempts to gloat don't cut very deep. That's all.

I'm under 30 and within a couple of years I'll be able to afford to buy this house in Burnley, I could walk to Turf Moor for football and be in Manchester or Liverpool city centre within an hour. The same money would buy this flat in Brighton.

I know where I'd rather live.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I'm under 30 and within a couple of years I'll be able to afford to buy this house in Burnley, I could walk to Turf Moor for football and be in Manchester or Liverpool city centre within an hour. The same money would buy this flat in Brighton.

Good for you Matt!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a pointless thread. Only my morbid desire to pick at the scab of 'what if' prompted me to open it. :stupid::wrong::facepalm:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why is anyone even remotely bothered ?

They are promoted. Barton is a thug. End of story.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Looks like there is a bit of subsidence in the driveway of the house in Burnley. The house will be floating down the road at the first sign of heavy rain.

In all serious mate. I read your post and all I got from it was ''Look how much I have earned. I can afford a £350K house and I am not yet 30'' That's very nice for you I am sure but if people on this board really wanted to show wealth they could blow you out of the water I am sure. This is not arrogance. It is just a simple fact that the wealth in and around the South East, Surrey in particular is phenomenal.

Enjoy you Promotion. You deserve it, you got more points than the others and even although it was not pretty, I would rather be in your position than ours but don't pretend you post was anything more than a pat on the back for yourself.

Last edited:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
That cladding is fecking horrible, and the fireplace is just nasty. If you develop some taste the I'm sure your £350k could get your something a lot nicer.i

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not sure why there is so much animosity towards Burnley. They have got more points than us and fully deserve their promotion. You may not like the way they play, their manager or the thug that is their talisman on the pitch but it worked. We might still join them, we may even win the league (unlikely but possible). We may still be in the Championship next season, so let's show a bit of class and stop the sour grapes though?

If we'd defended better at the Amex we could have stopped them in their tracks....

This - nail on head.

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
Looks like there is a bit of subsidence in the driveway of the house in Burnley. The house will be floating down the road at the first sign of heavy rain.

In all serious mate. I read your post and all I got from it was ''Look how much I have earned. I can afford a £350K house and I am not yet 30'' That's very nice for you I am sure but if people on this board really wanted to show wealth they could blow you out of the water I am sure. This is not arrogance. It is just a simple fact that the wealth in and around the South East, Surrey in particular is phenomenal.

Enjoy you Promotion. You deserve it, you got more points than the others and even although it was not pretty, I would rather be in your position than ours but don't pretend you post was anything more than a pat on the back for yourself.

Nothing to do with bragging about earnings. Just pointing out what someone my age can get in this northern shithole and what the same money would buy in your southern paradise. I'm tellingyou I wouldn't swap.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nothing to do with bragging about earnings. Just pointing out what someone my age can get in this northern shithole and what the same money would buy in your southern paradise. I'm tellingyou I wouldn't swap.

You make an excellent point with your house price comparison: demand to live in Burnley is low.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I say well done to Burnley as they did the business and considering the catchment area and size of the club(attendances)it's a great achievement.
No bitterness from me and certainly not goner slate Burnley as a town as this country has many good and bad towns and cities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here