Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley fans don't think much of the Amex

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Remember going to Burnley when we beat them 1-3,some yobbo saw us getting in the car 4 of us, and wrote on Rivals net saying we were quaking,afraid of Lancashires 'finest' waiting for us...I did post a reply saying Lancashires finest were spread out over the battle fields of France,seems he was'nt aware of history ,I did ask if he was one of the finest why did'nt he wade in...seems the odds were against him and would'nt join in unless mob handed...maybe he has grown up now....well maybe...???

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
On more than one occasion he turned to us in the West Stand to encourage us to clap what he evidently regarded as poor decisions by the ref.

Not saying he was right or wrong, but you can't say that he was encouraging calm and respect for the officials!

Oh dear. I think Uncle Tone needs to have a word in his shell-like asap then...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Worst fans to have visited the Amex this season - in terms of noise created and support for their team.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
On more than one occasion he turned to us in the West Stand to encourage us to clap what he evidently regarded as poor decisions by the ref.

Not saying he was right or wrong, but you can't say that he was encouraging calm and respect for the officials!

And helped create one of the best home atmosphere's we have had.

Burnley were by far the worst team we have had at home this season other than a very good finish they were clueless

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh dear. I think Uncle Tone needs to have a word in his shell-like asap then...

I think Uncle Tone needs to give him a bonus. That's the best atmosphere I've been in at a Brighton game since I can remember. Make no mistake Saturday will have a positive effect on our season going forwards. The players know they can count on each other in adversity and the fans now know we can make a LOT of noise in the Amex. If we can just stop getting ourselves INTO adversity in the first place we'll be sorted.

On the original topic, if we don't care what away fans think of the ground why do we keep posting links to what they think of the ground and then saying we don't care???

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Do they have to visit every week? No. Do we? Yes. We love it, and after Withers, so we should. It will look even more brilliant with the extra seating. So in short, I think i'm trying to say bollocks to em.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think Uncle Tone needs to give him a bonus. That's the best atmosphere I've been in at a Brighton game since I can remember. Make no mistake Saturday will have a positive effect on our season going forwards. The players know they can count on each other in adversity and the fans now know we can make a LOT of noise in the Amex. If we can just stop getting ourselves INTO adversity in the first place we'll be sorted.

On the original topic, if we don't care what away fans think of the ground why do we keep posting links to what they think of the ground and then saying we don't care???

This

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Burnley were by far the worst team we have had at home this season other than a very good finish they were clueless

I'm not for one second censuring him for doing so - I sang until my voice went. In fact three of us in WSL C block kept going until the rest of the block joined in. All I'm saying is that I can see why Burnley fans claim that he incited the crowd. Jesus some people on NSC are one-eyed about things.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No one likes us

We don't care!

I don't care any more what other club's fans say or feel about their once a season trip to Brighton. If they don't like visiting a comfortable, modern stadium where they're being catered to more than any other ground in the country then they can always stay away next time their team plays here. Time to stop applauding the away attendances?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Agree with both points.

It's actually quite reassuring to know that teams like that are in this division. I have no doubt that we'd have beaten them with 11 men.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I couldn't agree more with you about the atmosphere on Saturday. The adversity on the pitch truely galvenised the support: & long may it continue. :thumbsup:

On the Poyet sitch, I personally find his pitch-side antics largely entertaining, but I can't see the FL & the FA seeing it in the same way (thus my comment about TB having a word). Regarding the away fans', I find their various veiws of the stadium largely amusing - & occasionally even informative (shock horror!). In the end though, it don't count for a hill of beans really does it? Some of them evidently didn't watch the game in a different postcode at The Theatre Of Trees. Well either that, or they've got serious selective memory issues...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here