Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley fans don't think much of the Amex

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Agree with the general view here, who cares what they think!

What I will say though, is the lopsided thing has come up a number of times this season - and I really don't get it. Why is lopsided bad? Surely that makes it different, unlike all these bowls that have sprung up in recent years!

With regards to us criticising their support, to be honest, behave. They sold out their allocation, not their fault their club didn't ask for me. They could have brought more down and its a good following the week before Christmas.

As for noise, two things, one, when the home side are as loud as we were yesterday, it often does stifle the away fans. We've had it a few times away this season when the home fans are loud and you know you're singing isn't travelling so you become subdued. Also, our away atmos has been poor at time, such as Middlesbrough last week. So pot, kettle and all that.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Apparently they were a bit narked that they had a Blackburn beer - Thwaites - on sell in their end! A mate of mine who's a Burnley fan (and who went yesterday) really rates the stadium. He was also embarrassed by both their performance and their support at the game.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
our away atmos has been poor at time, such as Middlesbrough last week. So pot, kettle and all that.

I agree in part with that statement, some of the away support @ the boro game were quiet, but there were a section of us at the back of the stand making noise for 90 minutes.

We out sung their support easily!!!

That's a co-incidence. I don't think much of Burnley either. The town, the team and their fans are all just a bit shit really. I particularly enjoyed this comment:

What an odd looking place ??? being an ex engineer i like a balanced look but a bit similar to Derby its a right lob sided affair ,it did make me laugh at the Brighton fans reaction at what happened and the way they screamed at any faint contact for the rest of the game, i thought the ref did brilliant under extreem pressure ,and they should of directed there anger at the 2 plant pots that got sent off

Ex-engineer? You're barely literate, mate. Go on admit it - you're an 'as thick as pigshit' ex-navvy.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Were they football fans?

I thought they were on a day excursion from the Darby and Joan Club who took a wrong turn and ended up at the Amex!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Bunch of wankers !! There ground is f***ing shite as is Burnley itself !! Besides i couldnt give a monkeys cock what the inbred Northern twats think !!!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
They also need to remember they only got a few toilets, bars and facilities as half the stand was given to Brighton fans. If they want a bit more bars and space then maybe they should aim to sell a few more tickets.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I agree in part with that statement, some of the away support @ the boro game were quiet, but there were a section of us at the back of the stand making noise for 90 minutes.

We out sung their support easily!!!

I could see some Burnley fans jumping about and signing but couldn't hear them. Everyone has a core few who will try.

It's all a bit pathetic really isnt it, some kinda petty point scoring because we didn't get the points that actually matter.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Agree with the general view here, who cares what they think!

What I will say though, is the lopsided thing has come up a number of times this season - and I really don't get it. Why is lopsided bad? Surely that makes it different, unlike all these bowls that have sprung up in recent years!

It must be something to do with what opposing, ahem, 'supporters' get used to at their own places. Take the former engineer on that Burnley link, for example. Our lop/lob-sided ground must've come as a huge shock to him after enjoying the perfect symmetry of Turf Moor for (obviously) many a decade...

turf_moor_burnley_afl03_aerofilms_666034_3002673.jpg

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Loads of fans say its lopsided. Thats because the place is half finished.

I've sat in the away end for a game, The West looks impressive and the North looks pretty silly as the stand is massive, but the actual area where the seats are is tiny in comparison to the size of the stand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here