Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley fan pictured with "Premiership Here We Come" scarf

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
No I don't expect us to stuff Derby and they will be bothered, if they can catch Hull they will get home advantage in their semi second leg, so they won't roll over.

As said though, you can't judge by the opposition - Boro scraped a 2-1 against bottom placed Bolton with a 91st minute goal - so hardly banging in the goals against the poorer teams themselves then!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
BTW, why do you lot still think we play hoofball?

You've got pretty much the nucleus of the side that went down. You have exactly the same coaching staff as last year and guess what? When you were in the PL last season there was only one side (Metz) from the top 5 European leagues who played more long balls than you.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-united-long-ball-team-west-ham-sam-allardyce

So unless Dyche now has you playing a different style, and there is no evidence of that then yes, you are long-ball merchants.

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
Seems like there's a lot of very tetchy Burnley and Middlesbrough fans around these days.

Probably the pressure and expectation levels.

What do you expect? There are three teams, all of which are far better than anyone else, fighting for two places!

Despite all the banter I suspect there will be a grudging hope that ALL three teams go up. It would seem an injustice that the one in 3rd loses out in the play-offs!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What do you expect? There are three teams, all of which are far better than anyone else, fighting for two places!

Despite all the banter I suspect there will be a grudging hope that ALL three teams go up. It would seem an injustice that the one in 3rd loses out in the play-offs!

Yes, I want all 3 teams to go up ( and I predict they will in the end ).

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
And I think most fans who have a view on us do it out of jealousy!

Yeah, because we all wish to live in a small town near Bolton where we could watch a bunch of cloggers play hoofball every other week if theres enough left on our giro.
I truly hope you bottle the next match and it falls into place that we play out a tepid 0-0 with Middlesborough to confine you to the playoffs, where hopefully you choke again.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its Sean Dyche of COURSE its hoofball, percentages, smash it up to the big man, harrass, get in referee face etc etc thankfully Dyche is a dying breed and even Allardyce and Pulis have evolved. It works for you lot but its limited in scope.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Its Sean Dyche of COURSE its hoofball, percentages, smash it up to the big man, harrass, get in referee face etc etc thankfully Dyche is a dying breed and even Allardyce and Pulis have evolved. It works for you lot but its limited in scope.

The big ginger ****.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Its Sean Dyche of COURSE its hoofball, percentages, smash it up to the big man, harrass, get in referee face etc etc thankfully Dyche is a dying breed and even Allardyce and Pulis have evolved. It works for you lot in the championship.

Edited the last bit for you.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Here's the statistics for this season. Burnley are the 3rd highest in the Championship for long-balls, we're 7th but we complete more short passes and more crosses.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2015-2016

2hs21rm.jpg

This season Burnley fans have been treated to over 300 more long-ball passes than Brighton and nearly 1600 fewer short-passes. Yes. Burnley are a long-ball team.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I purchased a Hearts Scottish Premier winners badge in 1986 off of a badge seller outside Wembley after their epic fail at Dundee back in the day.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Here's the short-pass league table. Brighton are 8th in this and shows that we pass a lot of balls both long and short and that we can adapt our style.

2411clg.jpg

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

That response confuses me ?

Your initial question was. Why do you think we are long ball playing team, or words to that effect. Then when faced with stats to back up the claim then you all of a sudden take a different line of defence. You obviously didn't realise that some on here are quite ''statistically'' minded or you maybe thought you could convince people otherwise.

Incidentally, I have no problem with teams playing that way. A team has to play to it's strengths and Burnley do it effectively but to try and get two bites at the ''defence'' of it is a bit of a cheek.

As for who goes up, I actually think Burnley will go up now due to the remaining fixtures but if you were to ask me who were the two best teams I would have to say 1. Middlesbrough and 2. Brighton

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I can assure you my view on Burnley is borne of pure malice towards Messrs Dyche and Burton.

Fab response but personally, I like Dyche and Barton I don't mind him.

Barton can be a bit of a knob on the pitch but off it he is OK

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
You mean Boro's style of getting a goal and then parking the bus for the rest of the game. Even their own fans say this "Karanka is always defensive when 1-0 up away from home and MOST of the time.....it does not work because teams just come right onto us when we bring off forward thinking players for midfielders then we remove our attacking threat and the other team gains confidence from having more of the ball and gaining momentum, it means they get more opportunities."

That sounds really great to watch doesn't it?

Do you just like to make things up to suit your own agenda?

You claim Most of the time it doesn't work?

Boros record when scoring the first goal under AK

Attachments

• AK KARANKA.JPG
    AK KARANKA.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 288

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here