Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley fan pictured with "Premiership Here We Come" scarf

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
"Burnley:

Home to QPR — 2-0 (W): Comfortable win courtesy of an Andre Gray double.

Away to Charlton — 0-2 (W): Late goals from Gray and a Michael Keane header seal the title for the Clarets.

Middlesbrough

Away to Birmingham — 1-2 (W): Yet another late goal, this time a Grant Leadbitter penalty, gives Boro three points.

Home to Brighton — 0-1 (L): It all ends in tears as Brighton cause a final-day upset and Boro are forced back into the play-offs.

Brighton

Home to QPR — 2-1 (W): Chris Hughton’s experience guides his nervy team through with midfield pair Beram Kayal and Dale Stephens shining.

Away to Boro — 0-1 (W): Tomer Hemed writes himself into Seagulls’ folklore as his ice-cold spot-kick completes one of the greatest Championship stories of all time."

Can you imagine if that happened & the Hemed penalty was in the 89th minute? Don't think anyone would be able to watch it.

Excellent we get to play QPR again instead of Derby.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Let's be honest, who cares about Burnley? Even if they do go up with us, they'll come straight back down next year. Horrid dirty little town in Bolton, nasty fans, nasty manager. Would be nice to see them choke and it be us and Boro, but at least if they do make it, it's one of the relegation places filled next season.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Isnt the point that after 44 games we have lost only 5 matches. Whatever the outcome this season its an incredible effort to have only lost 5 matches at this stage of the season in a very competitive league.

Sure, but that's an entirely different point to GD and overhauling them. While we've played well in the last three games (although I thought we were a bit nervy against Charlton at times), the fact we've scored twelve in those three has likely been helped by playing poor teams, which can't be said for the last two games.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I posted this yesterday but this thread is a good place to repeat it. This was taken from a Boro forum on Saturday night after we beat Charlton. Even now with just two games to go, there's a Boro fan who thinks that we are in a false position because we've only being playing mugs up to now.

2emjvcj.jpg

Brilliant!

Of course they are right. It is well documented that we still haven't played anyone decent yet. This is a FACT!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Two problems with this ....

1. It's the Premier League

2. I'd be so annoyed if any of our fans held up such a scarf with THREE games to go (Yes, I know it's two but they must have bought this prior to or at the ground, bloody stupid IMHO.

Were you annoyed with us chanting "We`re going up" I certainly wasn`t and see no reason why I would be annoyed with fans showing faith in their team ,premature or not.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Let's be honest, who cares about Burnley? Even if they do go up with us, they'll come straight back down next year. Horrid dirty little town in Bolton, nasty fans, nasty manager. Would be nice to see them choke and it be us and Boro, but at least if they do make it, it's one of the relegation places filled next season.

I'm still dreaming that QPR and Charlton pull something magical out of the bag and tonk them. I wouldn't be able to stop smiling.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

2. I'd be so annoyed if any of our fans held up such a scarf with THREE games to go (Yes, I know it's two but they must have bought this prior to or at the ground, bloody stupid IMHO.

Always keep the scarf in case you cannot survive in the Premier League. Cardiff ones are in the back drawer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

1) It's an old scarf
2) They're going to be promoted. The chance of them failing ended when they beat Preston and Middlesbrough drew.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
BTW, why do you lot still think we play hoofball?
Because regularly you'll play it over midfield for Gray to chase. It's understandable, it's worked for you and you're going to get promoted.

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
Thats two minutes seven seconds. Hoofball hardly likely to be in two minute highlights.

If you watched the game for the other 88 minutes there wasn't any hoofball in that part either! We should have been a few goals up with the chances we created - non of which were aimless long passes! As has been mentioned by various pundits/commentators/journo's we are the best team in the division at finding DIFFERENT ways to win. Whether it be from hoofball to sublime football. We play ALL styles - something you care to ignore.

Would be interesting to see the evidence you have to suggest we are purely a long ball team.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
BTW, why do you lot still think we play hoofball?

Not much of that on show against PNE.
[

Yes, as do nearly all other fans in championship too. Read the message boards of opposing teams after you play them, very little praise at all about your 'style'. Quite a contrast to Boro and ourselves.

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
Yes, as do nearly all other fans in championship too. Read the message boards of opposing teams after you play them, very little praise at all about your 'style'. Quite a contrast to Boro and ourselves.

You mean Boro's style of getting a goal and then parking the bus for the rest of the game. Even their own fans say this "Karanka is always defensive when 1-0 up away from home and MOST of the time.....it does not work because teams just come right onto us when we bring off forward thinking players for midfielders then we remove our attacking threat and the other team gains confidence from having more of the ball and gaining momentum, it means they get more opportunities."

That sounds really great to watch doesn't it?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Sure, but that's an entirely different point to GD and overhauling them. While we've played well in the last three games (although I thought we were a bit nervy against Charlton at times), the fact we've scored twelve in those three has likely been helped by playing poor teams, which can't be said for the last two games.

You can only play what is put in front of you, and 12 goals for with only 1 against is a pretty good return for those 3 games.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Seems like there's a lot of very tetchy Burnley and Middlesbrough fans around these days.

Probably the pressure and expectation levels.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Were you annoyed with us chanting "We`re going up" I certainly wasn`t and see no reason why I would be annoyed with fans showing faith in their team ,premature or not.

It's not so much the young lad, bless him, as the fact that someone is manufacturing such tat...

Could be left with a job lot of worthless scarves like Del Boy with his Free Nelson Mandela T-Shirts.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
You can only play what is put in front of you, and 12 goals for with only 1 against is a pretty good return for those 3 games.

Absolutely! But do you really expect us to continue that rate in the next two games? I don't really, although it depends how bothered Derby are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here