Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Burnley are out of sight"

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Because, and don't forget I said if Middlesbrough win, we would then be 7 points behind Burnley, and 2 points behind Middlesbrough who would have one more to play. With only 7 games left.

I am not interested in mathematics and statistically unlikely outcomes.

If we lost, after Middlesbrough have beaten QPR, then I don't believe we could finish top 2.

3 weeks ago, very few would have believed that we would be 5 points ahead of Hull now. Anything can and will happen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is no point really in playing all these games out on paper.
Actually, there is a point. It's not a short explanation though:

I'm basically desperate for us to get promoted, I've never seen us in the top flight. Sure the Championship is good to watch and I'll be back enjoying next season if that's where we are, but I'd love for us to be promoted. And it's not easy to deal with the wait and uncertainty between games, so this is just one of the ways to pass the time.

Sure it doesn't give us the answers, but that's not the point.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Burnley drew 1-1 with Leeds, we smashed them 4-0. It's the Championship, there's no point looking at isolated fixtures and results.

They still only got 3 points for it tho, same as us.

And lost 2-0 at home to Preston. You can't generalise from one result.

They couldn't score against a piss poor Reading. It's the Championship in it.

Good points fellas .. when I'm wrong I'm wrong! :wrong:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There is no point really in playing all these games out on paper.

All that needs to happen is. The players stay fit. They stay focussed. They give 100% in every match. They take one game at a time. And if they beat the opposition the rest will take care of itself
Yes, very good point. Probably wise just to focus on the Burnley game ( and of course support QPR in their game v Middlesbrough on the Friday night ).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
3 weeks ago, very few would have believed that we would be 5 points ahead of Hull now. Anything can and will happen.
Indeed. 12 games ago we were in 6th, behind Ipswich, 11 points behind 'boro, who had a game in hand. In 12 games we've got 27 points, 12 more points than 'boro, yet people talk about it all being over when a team is a couple of points behind.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I'm basically desperate for us to get promoted, I've never seen us in the top flight. Sure the Championship is good to watch and I'll be back enjoying next season if that's where we are, but I'd love for us to be promoted. And it's not easy to deal with the wait and uncertainty between games, so this is just one of the ways to pass the time.

Well, do not worry. We will be promoted by the end of April.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, do not worry. We will be promoted by the end of April.
I wish I could believe.

And I'm not thinking we're without a chance, of course we've got a good chance. But that's all I can see it as, a chance.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

If it helps then fine but if we don't go up the pain will be more for you. I have a quiet confidence. It's only when I start to look at fixtures I have doubt. When I look at the team in isolation and I see how focussed they are as players, then my confidence comes back.

I tried to discuss the potential of automatic promotion with CH on Wednesday and he just point blank refuses to discuss it. He just changes the subject. That's his way of managing expectations and not putting any undue pressure on his players

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If it helps then fine but if we don't go up the pain will be more for you.
Because I've been looking at what games are left and whether we can get the number of points required? Nah.

I have a quiet confidence. It's only when I start to look at fixtures I have doubt. When I look at the team in isolation and I see how focussed they are as players, then my confidence comes back.
Yeah, but you know this means a lot more to me than it does to you.

I tried to discuss the potential of automatic promotion with CH on Wednesday and he just point blank refuses to discuss it. He just changes the subject. That's his way of managing expectations and not putting any undue pressure on his players
Quite right too. I'm just a fan, I can worry and panic. A manager shouldn't be doing that, they should be following the 'one game at a time' cliche, and Chris is very smart and wise and a master of doing it right.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
For what it's worth I believe this team has enough collective belief to make it and the others will cracking under pressure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here