Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Burnley are out of sight"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
None of the games are easy, but it is winnable.
Every game is winnable, that means nothing. He said 'very winnable', as in, it stands out from most games as a bit easier. I would put Birmingham away on the more difficult side of the scale.

Would people think this would be "a good point"

Or do we have to beat them. Surely this blip for Hull/Boro can't go on for much longer - though I think Rhodes is the Graham Hick of Champ strikers

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
They're not out of sight but they beat a p*ss poor MK Dons 5 - 0 while we scraped a 2 -1 win against a weakened 10 man MK team .. reality check?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Or do we have to beat them. Surely this blip for Hull/Boro can't go on for much longer - though I think Rhodes is the Graham Hick of Champ strikers
Yes, it would be. If we then won 5 of our last 7, it would leave us on 87 points, which should be enough if one of those 5 wins is agains Midds.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Bit of a crunch game coming up! Genuine belief that we can beat Butnley at the Amex.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Burnley match is must-not-lose if Middlesbrough beat QPR on the Friday night.

If Middlesbrough drop points, then we can go all out for the win, and worry less about a loss.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Or do we have to beat them.
It can't be classed as 'a good point'. A draw would be classed as 'well at least we didn't lose'. But it's definitely not a must win game. Just listen to Hughton's MK Dons pre match conference - there are no must win games. He's just so bloody sensible.

Surely this blip for Hull/Boro can't go on for much longer
'boro's blip ended on Friday when they beat their promotion rivals. Hull's blip is about to end.

I think my desperation to be wrong might be a little too obvious.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They're not out of sight but they beat a p*ss poor MK Dons 5 - 0 while we scraped a 2 -1 win against a weakened 10 man MK team .. reality check?
They couldn't score against a piss poor Reading. It's the Championship in it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Burnley match is must-not-lose if Middlesbrough beat QPR on the Friday night.
Why must we not lose? Will losing mean we can't finish top two? No it won't mean that. If we were level with 2 minutes to go and you gave me the option to toss a coin for either team to get a winner, I'd take it. Regardless of the result, there will still be 7 games left and it will be all to play for.

If Middlesbrough drop points, then we can go all out for the win, and worry less about a loss.
There are too many games left to think that it all depends on ours and 'boros next game.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why must we not lose? Will losing mean we can't finish top two? No it won't mean that. If we were level with 2 minutes to go and you gave me the option to toss a coin for either team to get a winner, I'd take it. Regardless of the result, there will still be 7 games left and it will be all to play for.

There are too many games left to think that it all depends on ours and 'boros next game.
Because, and don't forget I said if Middlesbrough win, we would then be 7 points behind Burnley, and 2 points behind Middlesbrough who would have one more to play. With only 7 games left.

I am not interested in mathematics and statistically unlikely outcomes.

If we lost, after Middlesbrough have beaten QPR, then I don't believe we could finish top 2.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because, and don't forget I said if Middlesbrough win, we would then be 7 points behind Burnley, and 2 points behind Middlesbrough who would have one more to play. With only 7 games left.
2 points behind 'boro is not insurmountable (and note that even if we draw against Burnley we'd still be a point behind 'boro, so it wouldn't be much different). We play them on the last game of the season, so we could catch the 2 points then. We'd just have to get as many points in our next 6 games as 'boro get in their 7, of course that could be done. In our last 6 games we've got 14 points, in 'boros last 7 they've got 12.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There is no point really in playing all these games out on paper.

All that needs to happen is. The players stay fit. They stay focussed. They give 100% in every match. They take one game at a time. And if they beat the opposition the rest will take care of itself

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Burnley are out of sight...

Only if you have your binoculars round the wrong way!

There is no point really in playing all these games out on paper.

All that needs to happen is. The players stay fit. They stay focussed. They give 100% in every match. They take one game at a time. And if they beat the opposition the rest will take care of itself

Absolutely this, we can only worry about ourselves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here