Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley appeal for help.

jflynn

Aug 16, 2014
Not sure it would be worth asking for witnesses in the Brighton area? Despite being unbeaten and top of the league in October, there was a pathetic away following of just 375. Yet reading this board it seems that everyone knows what a dump Burnley is?
Well when I am forced to drive around Moulescombe, and Whitehawk I can tell you it aint that good down here.
I do travel to Lancashire and whilst the old mill towns do look tired in places, the welcome is always warm and the surrounding countryside stunning.
BTW little Burnley (population 75,000) brought over 1,600 to the Amex, not a whippet in sight.

Not sure it would be worth asking for witnesses in the Brighton area? Despite being unbeaten and top of the league in October, there was a pathetic away following of just 375. Yet reading this board it seems that everyone knows what a dump Burnley is?
Well when I am forced to drive around Moulescombe, and Whitehawk I can tell you it aint that good down here.
I do travel to Lancashire and whilst the old mill towns do look tired in places, the welcome is always warm and the surrounding countryside stunning.
BTW little Burnley (population 75,000) brought over 1,600 to the Amex, not a whippet in sight.

Judging by your spelling I don't think you have ever visited one of the areas referenced. If you had, you wouldn't have made such a crass and stupid comparison. No wonder Burnley supporters end up being stereotyped in the way they are.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I've certainly been misinformed. I've always understood that Brighton fans were opposed to the idea of stereotyping a town on the basis of one perceived cultural difference?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good to see them putting all their resources into the promotion push

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I've certainly been misinformed. I've always understood that Brighton fans were opposed to the idea of stereotyping a town on the basis of one perceived cultural difference?

You have caught us out, guilty as charged of whippetophobia and flatcap hate crimes.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I thought it was at the Amex but it goes back to November last year at Turf Moor. Why has it taken so long to realise a plane flew over?

I was thinking the same.

First thing that sprung to mind was that the plane is owned by Tony Bloom and therefore they are going to try and get points deducted from us. They didn't see us as a threat until now.

Then again - I have an over active imagination

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just need a whippet and flat cap comment to complete my stereotype bingo card.

I think you forgot something.

1415288954961_wps_47_FROM_JOHN_JEFFAY_AT_CASCA.jpg

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Yes, those BNP councils certainly know how to make everybody welcome :thumbsup:

There aren't any BNP councillors on Burnley council. And when there were, there were extenuating factors - many Burnley people would sooner sell their grannies to the white slave trade than vote Tory, the Liberals didn't have a candidate inmost wards, and Labour were unelectable on the grounds that (among other things) they had passed a council motion approving of the mayor's conduct in collecting an indecent exposure conviction in the public toilets of a park in Nelson in the middle of the day in school half-term. (He claimed homophobia on that one, and remained on the council Public Protection Committee.) No excuse for voting BNP, but there was literally no viable alternative.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Attachments

• fantasy dyche.jpg
    fantasy dyche.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 346

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here