Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burke on his way out? Update: Gone

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What makes that worse is out of Burke's own mouth he states due to FFP wages for players are falling and they are down by up to 25%. So therefore his budget should have gone further than previous seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7lOGdYzv0U

About 1:30 of the interview

He really is as engaging as Sami. Totally agree with the point you are making: this sets his summer transfer 'achievements' in a very bad light. P45 for Burke.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just Barber to go to complete the hat trick.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just Jones to go to complete the hat-trick....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think he delegated a budget, which was mis-spent by Burke.

But I still don't believe Bloom is giving budgets, and sitting back for 3 months without keeping an eye on anything. If I was Bloom, at the time I'd be questioning the signings of COG, Paddy, Baldock compared to what we released.

Hold on, are you saying that Bloom employs a guy who is supposed to be advising the club chairman and manager on players that will strengthen the squad and take them forward.Then Bloom turns down who he wants to bring in so he goes out finds cheaper options? Surely if Burke has any boll*cks at all, he would just turn round and say to Bloom, I am sorry I just can't improve the squad on this budget. And if he was a man at all and could not do the job within the budget given him, he would fall on his sword Hyypia like. So you are saying that not only is Bloom a liar, but also everything is Blooms fault?
For what it is worth I think Bloom was happy signing cheques for players that his expert was recommending and that expert has let him down or just has no boll*cks to tell his boss the truth.

I'm saying you don't get as rich as Bloom, by sitting back and letting others gamble with your money.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Does anyone genuinely believe pullis/sherwood or any manager of that calibre will actually come here under the current set up? Poyet saw it coming, Garcia was in the middle of it and HYYPIA couldn't cope with it!! A manager should choose who his players are not someone else!! If they continue with the current set up then only people at a lower level or people with no experience will come here!!! Bloom has an opportunity now to change a few things off the pitch then hopefully we'll get it right on the pitch!!! Blooms next move is arguably his most important since taking over, I would hate to think what being relegated would do to the club financially....... Over to you Mr bloom.

well put

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What did it say?

Very vague. Could be Burke's sacking but not clear. Obviously deemed too close for comfort by Big Brother...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"You wait ages for one bus then two come along at once"
I'm hoping this means our clueless head of recruitment is on his way out the door,and while he's at he can take the chief bean counter with him,those two prats have done untold damage to this club in the last 2 seasons.

That's quite a jump of logic. I'm out shopping and need to get home. Or something.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"You wait ages for one bus then two come along at once"
I'm hoping this means our clueless head of recruitment is on his way out the door,and while he's at he can take the chief bean counter with him,those two prats have done untold damage to this club in the last 2 seasons.

Or Bozza is waiting for a bus at Churchill Square :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here