Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bully XL’s

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Explain why anyone would want a breed such as that. Please.
I do think there is a big difference between a big dog and and a dog that has been bred for fighting. I’ve got a Cocker Spaniel, but if I had a much bigger house and some land I’d like to have a much bigger dog. Just not one that has as history of killing people.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Quite right. I didn’t use those words.
Where do you live, Clampy? Have to say I think I’ve only ever seen one of these Bullys out walking, and that was in Crawley. There don’t seem to be many of them around.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I haven’t seen that many Bully XL’s where I live. There’s three or four I see regularly around my way.

I do a lot of walking in the countryside where you never used to see any. I see a fair few now.

I guess owners are less inclined to walk them around people now.

I suppose that’s a good thing.

Not so nice when I’m walking along a country lane wondering where to stop for afternoon tea and one of these thick necked werewolves waddles into view.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I haven’t seen that many Bully XL’s where I live. There’s three or four I see regularly around my way.

I do a lot of walking in the countryside where you never used to see any. I see a fair few now.

I guess owners are less inclined to walk them around people now.

I suppose that’s a good thing.

Not so nice when I’m walking along a country lane wondering where to stop for afternoon tea and one of these thick necked werewolves waddles into view.
The heightened awareness around this breed, and I’ve only seen one prior to the legislation, is really making me nervous when out with my spaniels. I’m on the lookout for types of owner as well as breed to protect them. More needs doing but as always in this country, tragedy has to happen first for any sort of action to be taken.

May well start carrying a knife as others have alluded for that reason. It’s trendy after all!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The heightened awareness around this breed, and I’ve only seen one prior to the legislation, is really making me nervous when out with my spaniels. I’m on the lookout for types of owner as well as breed to protect them. More needs doing but as always in this country, tragedy has to happen first for any sort of action to be taken.

May well start carrying a knife as others have alluded for that reason. It’s trendy after all!
I’d urge anyone not to carry a knife for the purpose of defending yourself against a dog attack.

For starters, you’re very unlikely to be able to stop an attack from this type of dog with a knife.

I’d go with the earlier suggestion a poster had of looking for escape routes or safe places to retreat to.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just had one of the Cane Corso’s barking and frothing at me as I walked past the flat.

f***ing horrid things.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Where do you live, Clampy? Have to say I think I’ve only ever seen one of these Bullys out walking, and that was in Crawley. There don’t seem to be many of them around.
One was being walked on Hove Seafront yesterday morning by a guy with facial tattoos. It's normally yoga mummies with little poodle crosses so they stood out a bit, but there was a group of us dog walkers that know each other together and they came over to talk and the bloke was sound and fully in control of the dog, which was muzzled. First time I've patted one. They are 100% muscle and pretty scary. Girl in my daughters class at school apparently has one in one of the nicer bits of Portslade. There's also an Akita that's walked by an Eastern European lady who always has her hood up, even in summer, round the posh streets in West Hove. It's gone for my dog before and I've actually changed my evening walk route and time because of it. Horrible dog, it has a cross between a growl and a hiss on it.

They're not just in council estates in Crawley.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One was being walked on Hove Seafront yesterday morning by a guy with facial tattoos. It's normally yoga mummies with little poodle crosses so they stood out a bit, but there was a group of us dog walkers that know each other together and they came over to talk and the bloke was sound and fully in control of the dog, which was muzzled. First time I've patted one. They are 100% muscle and pretty scary. Girl in my daughters class at school apparently has one in one of the nicer bits of Portslade. There's also an Akita that's walked by an Eastern European lady who always has her hood up, even in summer, round the posh streets in West Hove. It's gone for my dog before and I've actually changed my evening walk route and time because of it. Horrible dog, it has a cross between a growl and a hiss on it.

They're not just in council estates in Crawley.
It’s not so much location. It’s attitude.

Posh people can be just as rude and arrogant as anyone. More so, in many cases.

Reactions: cjd

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I’d urge anyone not to carry a knife for the purpose of defending yourself against a dog attack.

For starters, you’re very unlikely to be able to stop an attack from this type of dog with a knife.

I’d go with the earlier suggestion a poster had of looking for escape routes or safe places to retreat to.
I agree. A Taser is a much better option.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd advise caution with that.

Statistics show that people carrying flamethrowers for their own protection are far more likely to be the victims of flamethrower attacks.
We don’t want to add to the epidemic of flamethrower crime on Britain’s streets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here