[Misc] Bully XL’s

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You can never feel confident with a beast in the household, regardless of it's "character". And to describe them as sensible....hmm. The sensible thing would be to take no unnecessary risks with your children. f***ing stupid would be my description.
I may have posted this, passim....

Our nipper has a friend at school who has now been expelled for repeatedly effing at teachers. This friend is one of 12 siblings, several of whom are in care.

Nice kid, but ours has been forbidden to go round her house after (you guessed it) the 'parents' bought themselves an XLB, just before Christmas. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Simply get tooled-up. Just in case.
Indeed.

The threat of these dogs is now so great that I always carry a knife with me when I'm out.

And if anyone knows where I can source a gun, PM me.

(I'm only half joking.)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Akitas are not known for dangerous incidents though are they?

Nothing like the same level of risk.
Huge risk.
They are known for attacking children.

Insurance companies have grouped Akitas in with other dangerous dogs and they have been the subject of breed-specific legislation in other states. They are popular dogs throughout the United States despite the fact that they are the third most likely breed of dog to bite someone unprovoked.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Akitas are not known for dangerous incidents though are they?

Nothing like the same level of risk.

My Daughter has just moved to Swindon a few weeks ago. Two incidents in that time with Akitas attacking an adult giving them 60 stitches and killing another dog.

Not known for dangerous incidents at all :rolleyes: This isn't a f***ing poodle which will give you a nasty nip :facepalm:

Man given 60 stitches after dog bite​

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cyj397y7908o

'Akita' dog attack victim reveals injuries from bite​

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/24309491.akita-dog-attack-victim-reveals-injuries-bite/

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Not as ugly as XL’s but just as nasty.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bad enough walking around normal parks and neighbourhoods with these monsters about, can’t imagine what it’s like on some council estates.

We have a couple of people that stroll around Brighton city centre on a Friday and Saturday night with huge beast dogs trying to intimidate people.

A couple of them have been trained to go for police / hi viz uniforms. So far w have been lucky but I’ve had a few on leads go for me.

Cannot stand them or their owners.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Heard a lot of

“He’s only acted up since I have to put a muzzle on him, now he is traumatised and stressed he’s more dangerous”

Behave.

You see these gangly streaks of piss struggling to control the thing when it’s just walking along, they wouldn’t have chance in Hell of controlling it if that monster tried to go for someone.

Luckily since the new rules (it’s not a ban at all) these creatures seem to be mainly eating their owners.

I just hope they keep their kids out of the way.

I know a guy who has to keep his two XL’s in locked cages at night.

He claims it’s because they feel secure in the cages.

I strongly suspect it’s because he’s terrified they will go for his kids or him when they’re all asleep.

Why would you take the chance?!

I won’t step foot inside a house where there is a dangerous breed unsecured.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Akitas shouldn’t be domestic pets any more than XL Bullys.

IMG_2157.jpeg

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Bad enough walking around normal parks and neighbourhoods with these monsters about, can’t imagine what it’s like on some council estates.

We have a couple of people that stroll around Brighton city centre on a Friday and Saturday night with huge beast dogs trying to intimidate people.

A couple of them have been trained to go for police / hi viz uniforms. So far w have been lucky but I’ve had a few on leads go for me.

Cannot stand them or their owners.
You have a really annoying habit of stereotyping people who live on council estates as chavvy XL Bully owning scum (no you haven't used those words but that's what it comes across as). XL Bully's live in posh houses too & most people who have dogs on council estates have 'normal' breeds. I used to live on a council estate & had a 'normal' breed dog & everyone there did. I no longer live on a council estate and still have a 'normal' breed dog. My council estate dog was a dopey idiot, my 3 bed semi dog is a dopey idiot, both badly trained as they'd dither back in their own time after I called them, I trained them (not very well). However, I can't deny that you do have a point that you're more likely to come across one in some areas of Brighton than another. The rest of this post is general and if I could, I'd unquote you at this point. :)

I'm increasingly finding that people are walking their XL Bully's 'off grid'. I'm there with my dopey twat off lead, turn a corner and there's an XL Bully on lead with a muzzle and normally the person at the end of the lead does not look like they'd be able to handle it. My dog is 28kg's pulls like a train (again bad training) but I know I can keep hold of him if he suddenly lost the plot, as I have experience of him pulling. I came across an XL Bully the other day that was on lead, muzzled & walking perfectly beside it's owner. The first thing that came to my mind is that the person walking it would have no clue about it's strength if it's that perfectly trained. I would actually prefer to see someone being pulled by an XL Bully and holding on to it, rather than trust one that was walking perfectly beside their owner. :confused:

I said earlier in the thread about someone I know that has one, she's still posting pics online of the dog with the kids and posts pro XL Bully stuff. She's not a council estate chav, she does a lot of work for charities but is completely blind to the fact that her dog has been bred to fight and that the instinct to fight has literally been bred into them. If you look at spaniels & retrievers and similar breeds, unless they are bred as 'working dogs' they're usually quite happy to play fetch with a tennis ball. If you get a dog from a 'working' bloodline then you have to do more to keep it entertained. Collies are vulnerable to displaying behaviours of under stimulation as they are bred to work, I've never met a vicious Collie but I've met a couple of mad ones as they're not bred to be 'sleep in front of the fire' dogs.

I don't know why normal sane people would get breeds like XL Bully's, Japanese Akitas (I thought they were already banned but I'm clearly wrong) Huskies, Dobermans etc and have them in a family home. They've not yet been bred to be family pets and there's just no need to try. I don't suppose it's even crossed my acquaintances mind that her kids maybe missing out on play dates as no one in their right mind would want their kid to go round there. Pictures of the dog in the kids bed etc almost just to prove a point that 'her' dog is lovely and wouldn't harm anyone. It's just stupid. I don't let my dog into any bedrooms, mainly due to the fact that he likes ponds, mud & smells of dog but at the end of the day dogs, like humans, are unpredictable and it's not worth the risk.

TL.DR: Completely ban them. Caging them up by not allowing them off lead & making owners feel embarrassed to walk them is probably making it worse as you've now got a load of bored dogs, registering bored dogs is not going to help.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You have a really annoying habit of stereotyping people who live on council estates as chavvy XL Bully owning scum (no you haven't used those words but that's what it comes across as). XL Bully's live in posh houses too & most people who have dogs on council estates have 'normal' breeds. I used to live on a council estate & had a 'normal' breed dog & everyone there did. I no longer live on a council estate and still have a 'normal' breed dog. My council estate dog was a dopey idiot, my 3 bed semi dog is a dopey idiot, both badly trained as they'd dither back in their own time after I called them, I trained them (not very well). However, I can't deny that you do have a point that you're more likely to come across one in some areas of Brighton than another. The rest of this post is general and if I could, I'd unquote you at this point. :)

I'm increasingly finding that people are walking their XL Bully's 'off grid'. I'm there with my dopey twat off lead, turn a corner and there's an XL Bully on lead with a muzzle and normally the person at the end of the lead does not look like they'd be able to handle it. My dog is 28kg's pulls like a train (again bad training) but I know I can keep hold of him if he suddenly lost the plot, as I have experience of him pulling. I came across an XL Bully the other day that was on lead, muzzled & walking perfectly beside it's owner. The first thing that came to my mind is that the person walking it would have no clue about it's strength if it's that perfectly trained. I would actually prefer to see someone being pulled by an XL Bully and holding on to it, rather than trust one that was walking perfectly beside their owner. :confused:

I said earlier in the thread about someone I know that has one, she's still posting pics online of the dog with the kids and posts pro XL Bully stuff. She's not a council estate chav, she does a lot of work for charities but is completely blind to the fact that her dog has been bred to fight and that the instinct to fight has literally been bred into them. If you look at spaniels & retrievers and similar breeds, unless they are bred as 'working dogs' they're usually quite happy to play fetch with a tennis ball. If you get a dog from a 'working' bloodline then you have to do more to keep it entertained. Collies are vulnerable to displaying behaviours of under stimulation as they are bred to work, I've never met a vicious Collie but I've met a couple of mad ones as they're not bred to be 'sleep in front of the fire' dogs.

I don't know why normal sane people would get breeds like XL Bully's, Japanese Akitas (I thought they were already banned but I'm clearly wrong) Huskies, Dobermans etc and have them in a family home. They've not yet been bred to be family pets and there's just no need to try. I don't suppose it's even crossed my acquaintances mind that her kids maybe missing out on play dates as no one in their right mind would want their kid to go round there. Pictures of the dog in the kids bed etc almost just to prove a point that 'her' dog is lovely and wouldn't harm anyone. It's just stupid. I don't let my dog into any bedrooms, mainly due to the fact that he likes ponds, mud & smells of dog but at the end of the day dogs, like humans, are unpredictable and it's not worth the risk.

TL.DR: Completely ban them. Caging them up by not allowing them off lead & making owners feel embarrassed to walk them is probably making it worse as you've now got a load of bored dogs, registering bored dogs is not going to help.
Quite right. I didn’t use those words.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports