[Misc] Bully XL’s

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I genuinely believe you have to be mentally unstable to believe this is a good pet.

IMG_8645.jpeg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was actually joking as I know the new neighbors to talk to and knew they had the bully. However, the situation I alluded to might happen and a buyer might pull out of sale.

I might add that the new house is in a respectable middle class all private estate and all neighbors look fine. The bully owners certainly come across as pretty sensible and they have it registered with the insurance in place. They are certainly not the stereotypical chavs who you wouldn't trust an inch. They have other pets and kids too so you guess they feel confident. What I might be interested to establish is whether they do always muzzle the dog in their back garden? There is a solid 7 don't fence between but I wouldn't want to take any chances.
Well that's alright then. You can rest assured that their Bully XL wouldn't harm a fly
:ffsparr:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I was actually joking as I know the new neighbors to talk to and knew they had the bully. However, the situation I alluded to might happen and a buyer might pull out of sale.

I might add that the new house is in a respectable middle class all private estate and all neighbors look fine. The bully owners certainly come across as pretty sensible and they have it registered with the insurance in place. They are certainly not the stereotypical chavs who you wouldn't trust an inch. They have other pets and kids too so you guess they feel confident. What I might be interested to establish is whether they do always muzzle the dog in their back garden? There is a solid 7 don't fence between but I wouldn't want to take any chances.
You can never feel confident with a beast in the household, regardless of it's "character". And to describe them as sensible....hmm. The sensible thing would be to take no unnecessary risks with your children. f***ing stupid would be my description.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill

Yes I did catch your humour. Fair enough if you are relatively comfortable with the situation too but I felt you also highlighted an area where further legislation might be considered.

With you bringing it to attention, It would be a factor that I'd want to know in advance if possible and might well sway any decision personally. 👍

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yes I did catch your humour. Fair enough if you are relatively comfortable with the situation too but I felt you also highlighted an area where further legislation might be considered.

With you bringing it to attention, It would be a factor that I'd want to know in advance if possible and might well sway any decision personally. 👍
"Oh, hello new neighbour - oh, you have one...sorry, two of 'those' dogs? How lovely.
Seems like we'll all get along famously, considering I'm a dab hand with my crossbow and pistol, which I often play with in my garden."

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
“Over decades, the pit-bull terrier developed the ability to attack suddenly, and sustain grave injuries without retreating. This genetic history is present in the XL Bully. “These dogs, being bred for aggression, are likely to inherit aggression,” says David Sargan, a geneticist at Cambridge Veterinary School.20 Mar 2024

But Nathan and Stacey from No.30 know better. Their little darlings wouldn’t hurt a fly cos they been raised right, yeah?

As their beast with a head the size a f***ing sofa drags another 11 year old back to its lair to eat later.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

"I didn't think XL Bullys would eat MY face" says woman who voted for "XL Bully eating people's faces" party.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
“Over decades, the pit-bull terrier developed the ability to attack suddenly, and sustain grave injuries without retreating. This genetic history is present in the XL Bully. “These dogs, being bred for aggression, are likely to inherit aggression,” says David Sargan, a geneticist at Cambridge Veterinary School.20 Mar 2024

But Nathan and Stacey from No.30 know better. Their little darlings wouldn’t hurt a fly cos they been raised right, yeah?

As their beast with a head the size a f***ing sofa drags another 11 year old back to its lair to eat later.
Indeed. Just get a f***ing different breed! There are plenty to choose from.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

I literally plan for escape if I see one of these in the distance, being dragged back by their oh-so-macho owners. A wall....top of a parked van....handy scaffolding....etc.
I shouldn't be made to feel that way, by simply walking along the street.
See a guy with a 6" blade and everyone runs for cover (and rightly so). Me? I'd rather take my chances with him, than one of these beasts.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You really do have to wonder WTF goes on in some people's heads. A few houses away from me live a youngish couple with a baby, a toddler and an American Akita, a dog bred to fight bears FFS :shootself

And what have you been able to do about it? Precisely nothing and at this point that's your only option. I've noted a few of the facetious comments about me moving next door to an XL Bully owner and describing the family. Obviously, I will exercise due caution at all times and if I spot the dog acting up on the street and/or not muzzled I will of course report it pronto as would the other neighbors. Some people seem to think maybe I should cancel the house purchase or maybe knock on their door and politely ask if they could have their dog put down for me just in case. I might add like everyone I do doubt the wisdom of owning these dogs when they have such deadly potential.

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
And what have you been able to do about it? Precisely nothing and at this point that's your only option. I've noted a few of the facetious comments about me moving next door to an XL Bully owner and describing the family. Obviously, I will exercise due caution at all times and if I spot the dog acting up on the street and/or not muzzled I will of course report it pronto as would the other neighbors. Some people seem to think maybe I should cancel the house purchase or maybe knock on their door and politely ask if they could have their dog put down for me just in case. I might add like everyone I do doubt the wisdom of owning thereby dogs when they have such deadly potential.
Simply get tooled-up. Just in case.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Today whilst looking out of my bedroom window pondering who will be our new manager I saw a small teenage girl walking a bloody huge black and white XL bully down the road. It was muzzled but she was tiny compared to it. No way would she to be able to control that thing if it bolted. Also we have recently been in contact with a friend's miniature XL bully. It was built like a brick shi*those and nearly knocked me over just brushing past my legs. Utter madness 😵‍💫

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
There's a neighbour of ours who takes out their Japanese Akita dog with their toddler and baby in a pushchair.

Why would you take the risk with of having that thing and young children in the same house :shrug:

'But he's never done anything like that before', Like I've never set off an AK48 in my house but I prefer not to keep one, just in case :facepalm:
Akitas are not known for dangerous incidents though are they?

Nothing like the same level of risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports