Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bully XL’s

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Depending greatly on how you came to be in possession of a knife, if a dog were attacking a human, I think you’d get away with knifing it. At that point I personally wouldn’t care about how I got the knife or what consequences occurred. The XL is getting knifed.

Not sure about another dog. If it were my dog? Again, the XL is getting knifed
My thought is, if one of these fuckers ever goes for my kids then I might only have second to act.

As @Bold Seagull's story proves, it's probably not that easy.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
So registering killer dogs doesn't actually stop the killer dogs from killing. Who'd have thought eh?

If only we could be certain that the killer dogs were only going to kill their unbelievably thick and ignorant owners not sure anyone would give a shit. But it don't work that way.

All XL Bullies should be destroyed and if you don't offer up your XL Bully for euthanasia, 5 years in nick.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm shortly to move house and the immediate neighbors have an XL Bully. Should my surveyor have advised on this with a red light on his report? :) Japanese Knotweed I could handle :)
I would not move into a street with Bully XL’s.

Partly because of the dogs and partly because I wouldn’t want to live on a street where the type of people that own XL’s live.

Having said that, enjoy your new home. Hope the move goes well.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I'm shortly to move house and the immediate neighbors have an XL Bully. Should my surveyor have advised on this with a red light on his report? :) Japanese Knotweed I could handle :)
I think you actually make a very valid point and to answer, if legislation would allow it and make it compulsory (registrations having an address) then yes.

Would seem much more practical to be done with the things though.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Throw some poisoned meat into their garden. If the dog doesn't eat it, the owners probably will. Raw.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sod the fencing - just use a proper sword.
Sword is no good, by the time you have raised the damn thing to swoop down, the dog will have you by the jugular and bring you down.
You need one of these, 3d printer friendly.
(might take a while to print though, so get crackin)
Just remember to keep it by the back door, next to the clothes pegs.

JQTjeKTg443URG6zSGfofD.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Blowtorch is the best defence against an attacking dog apparently. If you don’t have access to devastating fire power, of course.

That or sausages.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not much sympathy if you’ve got 2 in your own house to be honest
Sadly this. Assuming she was the owner. Although if someone I knew had them I think I'd be wary of paying them a visit too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sadly this. Assuming she was the owner. Although if someone I knew had them I think I'd be wary of paying them a visit too.
Sometimes these types of dogs come up to me when I’m out and about and nudge my leg or push against my leg.

With most other breeds I’d pat their heads or whatnot.

These things just feel powerful and not in any way cute. I don’t know what to do when they approach. I imagine any number of things could trigger an attack.

I just walk away as quick as I can.

I absolutely hate them. They terrify me.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think you actually make a very valid point and to answer, if legislation would allow it and make it compulsory (registrations having an address) then yes.

Would seem much more practical to be done with the things though.

I was actually joking as I know the new neighbors to talk to and knew they had the bully. However, the situation I alluded to might happen and a buyer might pull out of sale.

I might add that the new house is in a respectable middle class all private estate and all neighbors look fine. The bully owners certainly come across as pretty sensible and they have it registered with the insurance in place. They are certainly not the stereotypical chavs who you wouldn't trust an inch. They have other pets and kids too so you guess they feel confident. What I might be interested to establish is whether they do always muzzle the dog in their back garden? There is a solid 7 don't fence between but I wouldn't want to take any chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here