[Misc] Bully XL’s

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
(1) .... Starmer's been hot on this too. James O'Brien tried to mock the Tories on coming up with banning XL Bully's the other morning, then very reluctantly mid show had to announce that Starmer had just announced exactly the same.

People are being killed or ripped apart by these dogs, far more important than zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz party political bitching.
Precisely! Too many threads on here get hijacked with political comments. When they do, I stop reading them! Not everything needs to be politicised. It's perfectly possible - and OK - to agree with someone on a particular subject or issue that has differing political views (in other areas) to you.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
(1) .... Starmer's been hot on this too. James O'Brien tried to mock the Tories on coming up with banning XL Bully's the other morning, then very reluctantly mid show had to announce that Starmer had just announced exactly the same.

People are being killed or ripped apart by these dogs, far more important than zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz party political bitching.
You’ve completely misunderstood my post. I don’t give a shit what Starmer’s policy is and I agree with what the Sunak is doing about XL issue now.

Perhaps try not to be so incredibly sensitive and getting your knickers in a twist over a little bit of political satire? There’s a good chap.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The dog fraternity (or some of it, they don't all feel the same) don't want the breed banned because they don't think the legislation works. The original act was introduced in a hurry for the same reason the government is acting now. Since that act there has been no reduction in dog deaths and an increase in the number of hospital admissions for dog bites. The government seemed to recognise that the legislation was failing and asked for some research, which it has typically not followed up. Today's announcement illustrates the problem: first you have to define the breed you are banning. So guess what, the current crop of Bully XL owners will find another "breed" instead.

Of course something must be done. But it needs to be something that works.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
You’ve completely misunderstood my post. I don’t give a shit what Starmer’s policy is and I agree with what the Sunak is doing about XL issue now.

Perhaps try not to be so incredibly sensitive and getting your knickers in a twist over a little bit if political satire? There’s a good chap.
Maybe some people are sick and tired of seeing 'political satire' on most threads!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Oooohhh, this is hotting up. Big fight brewing. Is it in the breed? Or is it upbringing?

Reckon Sunak would ban the protagonists, if he thought it may get him a couple of votes.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
The dog fraternity (or some of it, they don't all feel the same) don't want the breed banned because they don't think the legislation works. The original act was introduced in a hurry for the same reason the government is acting now. Since that act there has been no reduction in dog deaths and an increase in the number of hospital admissions for dog bites. The government seemed to recognise that the legislation was failing and asked for some research, which it has typically not followed up. Today's announcement illustrates the problem: first you have to define the breed you are banning. So guess what, the current crop of Bully XL owners will find another "breed" instead.

Of course something must be done. But it needs to be something that works.
Was it @The Clamp that made the very sensible suggestion of having an 'acceptable' breeds list (or something like that) - rather than a banned list which can continually be manipulated by these idiot breeders!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Perhaps try not to be so incredibly sensitive and getting your knickers in a twist over a little bit of political satire? There’s a good chap.

Why the non hilarious list?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Maybe some people are sick and tired of seeing 'political satire' on most threads!
Maybe? We have Bully XL’s at large in this country because of government inactivity. To try and say this subject is not political is just plain absurd.

For what it’s worth, I don’t blame the government because there are far more important things they should have been trying to deal with, this sort of thing is just another media sensationalist BS story, they are far more likely to save more lives by stopping their opposition (in some quarters) to things like ‘woke 20mph limits’.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Maybe? We have Bully XL’s at large in this country because of government inactivity. To try and say this subject is not political is just plain absurd.

For what it’s worth, I don’t blame the government because there are far more important things they should have been trying to deal with, this sort of thing is just another media sensationalist BS story, they are far more likely to save more lives by stopping their opposition (in some quarters) to things like ‘woke 20mph limits’.
Try selling that “satire” the families of people who’ve been savaged and killed by these dogs, I’d suggest you move off this thread Hugo because your look ain’t a good one 👍

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Try selling that “satire” the families of people who’ve been savaged and killed by these dogs, I’d suggest you move off this thread Hugo because your look ain’t a good one 👍
Mentioning ‘the families of the people who’ve been savaged’ is as low as it is pathetic. Utterly reprehensible.

I suspect they are more concerned with their grief and then asking questions about the dog owners and those have allowed them to legally own those dogs.

I’m afraid it’s you who needs to move on from this thread Chicken.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I agree it would be a shame, but it would be worse if one of those went on to maim or kill a child. If the decision was mine I would have no doubt :down:

Mrs Wz's parents had a beautiful Alsatian which would always walk to heel around Glasgow with no lead, would be left outside shops while they went in and was always incredibly well trained. When her mother became pregnant with Mrs Wz's older brother, a friend of her father's took the dog. My MIL would still tell me how hard that decision was years later, but there was never any doubt it was the right one if they were going to have children.

When I was born, my parents had a Corgi. Apparently when I started moving around the house, it growled at me and so went off to the RSPCA (or equivalent). I appreciate that people can become very attached to dogs, but for me, it's either children or dogs, full stop. And as for breeds which are bred for fighting and aggression :facepalm:
Absolutely, if its a choice of having this dog or having children it's an absolute no brainer, that should be one of the conditions of any Licence, if that's the route the government go down.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Mentioning ‘the families of the people who’ve been savaged’ is as low as it is pathetic. Utterly reprehensible.

I suspect they are more concerned with their grief and then asking questions about the dog owners and those have allowed them to legally own those dogs.

I’m afraid it’s you who needs to move on from this thread Chicken.
Continuing to bury yourself in shameless back covering, oh dear , it’s not a good look this, own it a disappear to something more your scene 😉

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I haven't seen any figures on how many Bully XLs there are in the country or how long they've been here. Basically how big is the problem?
. Six of the 10 fatal dog attacks in the UK last year were linked to XL bullies, and at least three of the seven this year. There is little data to show which breeds are responsible for non-fatal dog attacks on humans or other animals, but Bully Watch estimates XL bullies are responsible for about 44% of attacks this year.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
“I never thought the Bully XL would eat MY toddler” says woman who voted for the “Bully XLs eating people’s toddlers” party

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports