[Misc] Bully XL’s

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I’d go further a ban Labrador owners, never met one that wasn’t a smug bastard
I would go further. I would ban dangerous dogs and the small yappy shits too, but also stupid looking dogs (Poodles etc), gormless dogs (Bedlington Terriers etc), crafty dogs (Jack Russells etc), skinny dogs (Greyhounds etc), and dogs that are totally useless at everything (Corgis etc).
That would leave us with St Bernards and Labradors.
St Bernards are obviously too big and hairy, so that just leaves Labradors.

If Labradors were the only breed of dog we had, the world would be a much better place.
Anything with poo in the name too. Madening - ooh my little fur baby. Are they exclusively owned by first time dog owners?

A NSC list of banned dogs and well thought out reasoning, properly categorised and prioritised would be marvelous.

Back to Labs, one of the dog walker whatsapp groups locally (I've always resisited joining, inevitably full of self righteous pricks whinging about other people and dogs) has a group member that apparently calls labradors 'Labratwats'. It's an adult, making up names for a breed - I found it hilarious and a little worrying. No idea what generates such feelings about labs; I'm not a fan of them as they are slow plodding, boring, fat smelly things from about 3 onwards but how do folk get so animated about a breed like that? A lab owner was incensed, promising he would find out who it was and 'sort them out'. He is a bit smug to be honest.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Nothing comes close to dog attacks on humans as this viscous abomination of nature,these things should be banned and all the owners sent to the dungeons wearing a I owned a Jack Russell label stapled to their heads for life.

Bbc Two Iplayer GIF by BBC
Only eveer been bitten once by a dog, and it was one of these bastards. I do kind of like the attitude they have though

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There should not be a list of banned dogs. There should be a list of approved dogs. If a new strain comes along it has to be approved. There is always an idiot who will cross a cocker with a tiger and start breeding the damn things and we fuss about how many people it can attack before we put it on the banned list.
Every dog owner should be approved as well!!!
I know a man who crossed a parrot with a tiger. It talked a lot of rubbish but by heck you listened ...

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I have been scouring records and am struggling to find too many ' Yorkies ' that have attacked and seriously injured or killed babies, children, young adults or adults. In fact, I have found none.
On the other hand, the ' fighting breeds ' that we have been discussing on this ' pathetic ' thread are almost entirely responsible for one attack after another against human beings of any age. Not Labradors, not Poodles, not Pugs, not Greyhounds, not Spaniels....etc etc etc.
Most of the comments on this thread are not uninformed or prejudiced. They are based on experience and fact. These animals are walking attacks waiting to happen.
Many years ago, my father bred Boxer dogs. He always taught us to respect these dogs. They were family dogs. Most of the time they were placid and loyal. However, on one occasion, one of our dogs, on hearing the front door bell, charged the front door and smashed through the glass plate in it, trying to get at the visitor. On another occasion, the postman, having delivered letters, turned and walked back towards his van. One of our Boxers, an apparently lovely dog, chased after him and bit a substantial lump out of his calf. Two moments in a few years of calmness.
All dogs are capable of aggression but when some have been bred to be genetically predisposed to fight to the death, then we are defying nature if we pretend that they are not a threat and that they can be trained into placidity for their whole lives.
This ⬆️

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I hope they do ban them and the other larger pitbull breeds. The problem with these breeds is a very large percentage of owners of them are a certain type of person- often young and chavvy who have not trained the dog at all. I have to walk around the long way around my street because there is this dope head that has one of these dogs, and it's already out of control, and it's a young dog. It's chased me and my 5-year-old son. I stayed calm but was telling the guy to gain control of his dog and he started shouting at me. These larger pitbull dogs need to have owners who will put a lot of time and effort in. There is very little you can do if one of these dogs decides to go for you.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We have near neighbours with small yappy dogs. One barks at us if we go in our garden. At least the owners put it indoors when it does. The other 2 are let out at regular intervals (1st of the day at 0630, sometimes the last at 2130) and they charge out barking nonstop for an unknown reason. Occasionally, the owner will shout at them to shut up or call them in. I believe dog owners should have to have a licence (renewed annually and subject to consultation with neighbours), as well as dogs. And these bully XLs should be banned.
Um ..... you don't live up at Fiveways do you, near the greengrocers?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You don’t here much about Rottweiler’s German Shepherds or Dobenams these days, with the exception of the Shepherds I recon it’s a tail docking ban that made these breeds less attractive to the chav!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
As a dog lover and owner I find some of these comments particularly uninformed and unnecessarily prejudiced. There is nothing wrong with a well-trained well looked after Bull breed. There are vicious Yorkies out there. The only answer to some of these posters would be a complete ban on dogs. I vicious dog is a reflection of its owner. What a pathetic thread
Have to disagree - the point is the risk. There is a much higher probability of such a dog doing serious damage if it does turn, even if well trained it can happen - they have a switch which has been bred innately and the breeding lineage of these supersized animals can rarely be tracked properly because there is a black market operated by criminals for criminals . Coupled with a bad owner the risk of serious damage caused by one of these things multiplies much more than any other breed.

The missus is very high up in the industry for a national company in Australia (trains trainers, handles dangerous dogs, security dogs and detection dogs, has had to shoot dangerous dogs on occasion) her view is to never go near a bully xl even if it was well trained. (They get around the laws in AU by breeding American pitties with staffs and call them AmStaffs - she has rarely had a positive experience with one)

There should be significant penalties for irresponsible owners if something does go wrong

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lots of dog owners, a very vociferous minority who flood radio phone ins, jump to the defence of XL Bully’s. Sentimental to ALL creatures canine.

Seems strange to me, as they’re ripping apart and killing other pet dogs.

This reaction was exactly the same in the 90’s over American Pitbulls … there was an outcry from noisy dog zealots about depriving Kylie and Tyler of their cute killing machine.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
You call round to your neighbour with some homemade cake, you then talk to them about your concerns with the noise their dogs are making, most reasonable people will take onboard what you have said, what part of Brighton do you live ?
Good advice, thanks. It's a bit awkward as I think they may have heard me shouting 'Effing shut up' when the windows were open. Preston Park / Fiveways.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports