[Misc] Bully XL’s

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I've looked after a friend's staffie today.

He's a rescue dog that was given up by someone when the owners didn't get the attention on social media that they craved.

He's now well trained, an absolute joy, doesn't pull on the lead ... BUT .... I have seen what he can do to a tennis ball in 2 minutes.

Poor tennis ball.

He's small for a staff but the thought of a dog 3 times his size, with a bad attitude, is scary as f***.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Here’s an example of an advertisement for one of these dogs, oh my days..,,,

That's quite tragic. ☹️ Translating the ad was difficult. Emphasis was on it getting on well with female dogs. "He was always put away when the owner had company over as he was 'protective'". I'd hazard a guess that someone has bought that dog & he is being bred from. It's not great.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not if the dog is a breed bred for fighting.

The owner is only part of the problem.
Who bred the breed for fighting? The owner (or the plum who sold the dog to the owner). So it's down to the owner surely?

Unless you are suggesting that some dogs are born dangerous. Which may be the case. But if so they would be banned by a competent government.

Oh....hang on :facepalm:

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
All ' fighting ' breeds should be banned.

American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staff Terrier, Bull Terrier, Staff Bull Terrier, American Bulldog, Cane Corso, Dogo Argentino, Dogue de Bordeaux, Japanese Akita, Presa Canario and Tosu Inu.

These dogs have historically been bred for fighting other dogs or for bear-baiting or bull-baiting etc. They are killers waiting to happen. Genetically predisposed to be aggressive. The slightest thing can trigger.

I keep hearing this crap that ' Staffies ' are lovely, harmless pets...great with the kids....never had a problem. They are ticking time-bombs, an attack waiting to happen , which sadly, is often triggered by children. We have banned dog-fighting. Why are these animals in our homes, on our streets and in our parks and public places?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It’s always seemed to me that the owners very often share the same traits as their dogs: aggressive, anti-social, intimidating, territorial, and liable to attack at the slightest perceived provocation.

Needless to say, I dislike the sort of ‘macho’ thugs and wannabe gangstas who own these dogs - often called Tyson, it seems - as much as I dislike the dogs themselves.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being attacked by a dog or see a dog attacking someone else apparently if you jam a finger roughly up it’s butt hole it stops attacking. Thankfully never had to put this theory to the test although I guess it’s worth a try Google has mixed reviews 😁

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It’s always seemed to me that the owners very often share the same traits as their dogs: aggressive, anti-social, intimidating, territorial, and liable to attack at the slightest perceived provocation.

Needless to say, I dislike the sort of ‘macho’ thugs and wannabe gangstas who own these dogs - often called Tyson, it seems - as much as I dislike the dogs themselves.
Usually got the dog on a thick chain. Regularly yank the dog back to emphasise how powerful it is and how strong they are.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being attacked by a dog or see a dog attacking someone else apparently if you jam a finger roughly up it’s butt hole it stops attacking. Thankfully never had to put this theory to the test although I guess it’s worth a try Google has mixed reviews 😁
A kick or punch right on the nose can work or if its identified as male, between the legs.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staff Terrier, Bull Terrier, Staff Bull Terrier, American Bulldog, Cane Corso, Dogo Argentino, Dogue de Bordeaux, Japanese Akita, Presa Canario and Tosu Inu.

These dogs have historically been bred for fighting other dogs or for bear-baiting or bull-baiting etc. They are killers waiting to happen. Genetically predisposed to be aggressive. The slightest thing can trigger.

I keep hearing this crap that ' Staffies ' are lovely, harmless pets...great with the kids....never had a problem. They are ticking time-bombs, an attack waiting to happen , which sadly, is often triggered by children. We have banned dog-fighting. Why are these animals in our homes, on our streets and in our parks and public places?
Tosu Inu was shit for Everton too.

My dogs have american staff in them, was a little worried when we found out. Wouldn't have got them probably if we'd have known. Fortunately it's only 25% and the lab and greyhound seem to have done the trick. Muscly buggers though.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

Why is Cane Corso on that list? The problem with the prescriptive list is that new breeds, like the bully XL, come along to fill the void.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I have a little yappy dog a Jack Russell type, in the park I sometimes (try not to) meet some bloke with an English Bull Terrier. He is constantly defending his dog “ahh he’s really gentle, he wouldn’t hurt a fly etc” Thing is with him, his jaw is like a bear trap, if he took just one bite out of my dog he’d take his head off and you’d need a crowbar to open his jaw.
I prefer to avoid, thanks

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
These type of dogs are a reflection of their owners.
Our local vets are having a make over, where the reception is being separated to allow small animals and large to have segregation.
We have a rescue kitten we've adopted on a check up the other day, on leaving one of those types turned up in a blacked out RR with a massive pit bull.
I admit the hairs on my palms rose, when I saw this thing get out of the vehicle, the dog looked imposing too.
Seriously there needs to be more legislation in keeping these dogs, not just as a fashion accessory.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Here’s an example of an advertisement for one of these dogs, oh my days..,,,

"He eats anything"... including small children

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

I've always liked staffies and they are known to be good with adults and children. But... I have walked numerous dogs who have NOT liked staffies. They seem to sense that this dog is bred for fighting other dogs (which it was for 100s of years, no staffie owner can deny this) and they start barking and growling first. The staffie is minding it's own busy or trying to be friendly but you know if it kicks off and reacts the staffie will tear the other dog apart and potentially you or a child if you get in the way. So, much as I like staffies when I've been around them, without other dogs, I would never, ever get one myself. Too much risk.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Who bred the breed for fighting? The owner (or the plum who sold the dog to the owner). So it's down to the owner surely?

Unless you are suggesting that some dogs are born dangerous. Which may be the case. But if so they would be banned by a competent government.

Oh....hang on :facepalm:

:thumbsup:
They are banned. They are pit bulls. Why this useless government hasn’t enforced the ban is beyond me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why is Cane Corso on that list? The problem with the prescriptive list is that new breeds, like the bully XL, come along to fill the void.
Which is why we need legislation that takes into account jaw power, muscle density, size etc. not just breed.

However, the Bully is not a new breed and is not recognised by the Kennel Club as such.

It is a pit bull that has been bred to be bigger. It is already banned, nobody should own one, and those that exist should all be put down.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
One of the problems of fighting breeds is that ignoring pain, and continuing to fight, is a trait that is bred for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports