[Football] Buckley & Bridcutt

Would you want Buckley & Bridcutt back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
:lolol:

Kayal =does not play in the same position as Bridcutt.
Holla = not as good
Baldock= players central not wide right
Colunga = the same
March = not as good as Buckley

Try again.

But that's just it. No one plays in the position Bridcutt plays because we don't set up like that any more and we now ask more of our central midfielders than sitting in front of the central defenders, breaking up play and keeping the ball moving (which Bridcutt was exceptional at). They now have to make incisive passes, push forward, take players on and score goals in addition. (see Kayal and Stephens)

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
[emoji38]ol:

Kayal =does not play in the same position as Bridcutt.
Holla = not as good
Baldock= players central not wide right
Colunga = the same
March = not as good as Buckley

Try again.
Baldock and Colunga central? Did you have your eyed closed last season? What do you think they both complained about.
I'll give you a clue... It has something to do with Wide.
Holla is class and plays defensive mid, Kayal is even better and also plays deep.
Bridcunt and ****ley no way thank you.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
For the beginning of the season yes ..... As we have proved with other players who have supposed 'injury problems' they need to be managed through the first few games after injury. Orlandi for example who came as a sick note, once he had half a dozen games under his belt that first season he was almost ever present, Bridge is another example who was apparently always injured.

Buckley has had spells of injury where he kept breaking down after a couple of games each time after an injury, when he got past a few games and was fully fit he was fine.

Last season he rarely played and was still injured for most of the season. His hamstrings are made of glass.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Buckley would be an expensive sicknote.

Bridcutt can DO one after he went on strike here. Stinking attitude.

This on both counts.

Buckley is a complete sick note and should only be on a 'pay as you play' contract wherever he ends up.

Bridcutt, as you say, can 'do one'

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I'd have them back in a heartbeat. Even if their departures did leave a sour taste.

Buckley will join a Championship club and tear us a new one no doubt.

If they play us on one of the two games he is fit to play that is

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
That is based on potential as yet not shown completely and at the moment constantly injured. Whether or not he gets to be better remains to be seen eventually.
As opposed to that super-consistent, always fit Buckley eh?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Last season he rarely played and was still injured for most of the season. His hamstrings are made of glass.

That's just not true though is it ? He made 21 appearances and was unused sub for half a dozen games.

That makes 27games he was fit for that isn't most of the season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I've no real interest in the futures of either player. They didn't give a toss about Brighton when Sunderland came calling and I'll never forget that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wages of Buckley is about £15K a week + bonuses. Not out of the question.

Fletcher more than likely £40K a week. Graham someone between the two at a guess.

Getting Buckley back would be a coup.

Sign Zaha as a second striker and we would be in with a sporting chance.

You are obsessed by Buckley!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well worth them causing all that trouble to leave us then wasn't it 

For them, probably yes. They are both on contracts with prem league wages and, if they drop down a league, will no doubt get a pay off if they drop in wages too. Buckley has two years left of his salary and as they didn't hand in transfer requests then no doubt Sunderland and/or the buying club will have to cough up.

From our point of view, stay well clear.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Wouldn't sat no to Buckley, but I can't see how we would accommodate Bridcutt. If we can't get Marshall and Buckley is willing to come back then it might be worth a punt.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The both wanted to move to a bigger club, in a better league and earn more money. Can't really blame them. When we had them, we was a top 6 team.

Bridcutt took the piss big time during that final season-no way would the majority accept him back here. Buckley wasn't much better. Ulloa showed how it can be done. Gave 100% right up until he left, made a few appearances among Albion fans at a few games and always had a smile on his face like he actually enjoyed playing. Him I'd welcome back in a second. The other 2 can feck off into obscurity.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've no real interest in the futures of either player. They didn't give a toss about Brighton when Sunderland came calling and I'll never forget that.

Many think the same about them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They can join the long queue of players (Murray, Zamora, Barnes, Ulloa, Cook, Elphick, Tom Cobley and all) all desperate to return to the Albion ............... oh, wait a minute ..........

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Would you want Buckley & Bridcutt back? NEW NEW POLL

Would you want Buckley & Bridcutt back? NEW NEW POLL

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At last! I'd almost lost interest, in a Bridcuttesque way :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron