[Football] Buckley & Bridcutt

Would you want Buckley & Bridcutt back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If we signed Buckley we would need to bring in another winger as well, as you can guarantee he would spend at least 3 months out injured. Wouldn't bother, especially considering he'd be after much higher wages than he was on previously.

Bridcutt was a very good player for us but I wouldn't want him back due to the manner in which he left, though he will inevitably do well for another Championship club.

It's a no from me on both.

Stumpy Tim

I loved Bridcutt when he was here, but he acted disgracefully and wouldn't be welcome back. We're also well stocked with midfielders and I prefer Ince anyway.

Buckley I would take back in a heartbeat. We're desperate for wingers and he's quality. His head was turned no doubt, but given Hyppia was in charge and probably telling him to play in central midfield or something stupid I don't blame him. Go get Buckley Chris!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Winger is more important. Buckley or Carayol ?

Buckley for me. Coup!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Bridcutt no thanks

A focused and fit Will Buckley.... Yes

Think Buckley was the victim of always being rushed back too soon because he was at times our only attacking threat. If you can nurse him through 5-8 games and get his fitness up then I think he would be ok.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would take both, Bridcutt alongside Stephens and push Kayal on as more creative mid.

And Buckley even fit half the season would be better than what we have.

I pressume they will get pay offs so maybe wages would be managable.

I cant see it happening though.

I have not forgotten how good these 2 players were, escpecially Bridcutt.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
neither thanks
that was yesteryear

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
So we buy him, pay him and nurse him???

For the beginning of the season yes ..... As we have proved with other players who have supposed 'injury problems' they need to be managed through the first few games after injury. Orlandi for example who came as a sick note, once he had half a dozen games under his belt that first season he was almost ever present, Bridge is another example who was apparently always injured.

Buckley has had spells of injury where he kept breaking down after a couple of games each time after an injury, when he got past a few games and was fully fit he was fine.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't believe that Bridcutt can do the role that either Kayal or Stephens are being asked to do. Within his limitations he was excellent (and well deserved his two POS) but is completely dependant on the team being set up so that he doesn't have to go more than 5 yards in front of his central defenders, play incisive balls forward or score. So it's a No from me.

Buckley could certainly do a job if he could stay fit, but even when fit, he drifted in and out of games. On his day brilliant, but those days weren't often enough for him to be a top player and i can't see his consistency and fitness improving given his history. So another No.

Onwards and Upwards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here