Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley back on loan?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Surely we need to look forward as a club and not back, BZ and Buckley both injury prone and past their best. Both on their day can produce quality, But how many games would we get out of them

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What we know for a fact is that the one person best placed to judge the effort a player is putting in - the manager - thought that he wasn't giving his all for the Albion, and I find that inexcusable, whatever may or may not be going on behind the scenes.

Albion boss hits out at Buckley

That headline doesn't match the article. Those quotes from Sami don't seem to be particularly harsh (his quotes are along the lines of 'he wasn't as good as I was expecting, I don't know if his head was turned or not' hardly "slamming" Buckley), not the sort that inspired a lot of ire from fans towards Will that I noticed on here.

I don't remember noticing much anger towards Buckley for not performing in pre-season friendlies. I only remember the anger coming out after the post-move interview I mentioned.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
This one's got less legs than a snail. More made up nonsense and in any case 'we' don't want him here. I'm sure Swinedon Town will have him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is surely a case of one of those transfer rumours sites putting 2 and 2 together to make eleventy three, and then publishing it to get clicks and/or followers on Twitter.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I hate agreeing with BG but If it's a choice I would rather have Elliott Bennett back any day, if Buckley came on loan I would not be unhappy though, we lack pace badly.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Sadly, as we also must remember, a "healthy and firing" Will Buckley rarely exists.

Spot on. Doesn't seem to have the mental or physical strength to make an impact over a season - in neither Premier League or Championship. A very expensive, over-rated luxury player - the kind you would expect to turn up at QPR....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
His hamstrings were shot when we mugged Poyet for him, what makes anyone think he's got better since then? ???

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If he can get back to his best and we play him as a striker, he'll score goals. Unfortunately I think those days are past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here