Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley back on loan?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You can see the likeliness of it just by the Boro fans responses to the tweet. Altho one arrogantly says we couldn't afford fat Lee's 'left foot' - zzzzz FFP may be interesting Boro...

he might be ....well a little rotund, but he knows where the back of the net is, and a bit of a jack russel on the opposing ankles

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
he might be ....well a little rotund, but he knows where the back of the net is, and a bit of a jack russel on the opposing ankles

Oh yeh - he's slimmer than me! Just the usual football banter ;)

Can't see there being any truth in either of their tweets though...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Oh yeh - he's slimmer than me! Just the usual football banter ;)

Can't see there being any truth in either of their tweets though...

I doubt it as well ................but you never know

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone think that this could happen? Seems a long shot to me; and didn't he leave the club under something of a cloud?

https://twitter.com/search?q=#BHAFC

He didn't leave under a cloud, one developed a few months later when he gave an interview where he admitted that he tried to put his head down and focus on playing for us while the transfer speculation/haggling was going on, but in retrospect it probably affected him more than he realised at the time. A few Brighton fans seemed to think this was unreasonable and an affront, and so unprofessional. Personally, I thought it sounded quite reasonable, and I have no ill will toward him (pardon the pun).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having an injury prone player on loan is a lot less risk than owning one.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I liked him as a player but he showed contempt for the club when he left.

So - boll&x to him coming back - it should not happen.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He didn't leave under a cloud, one developed a few months later when he gave an interview where he admitted that he tried to put his head down and focus on playing for us while the transfer speculation/haggling was going on, but in retrospect it probably affected him more than he realised at the time. A few Brighton fans seemed to think this was unreasonable and an affront, and so unprofessional. Personally, I thought it sounded quite reasonable, and I have no ill will toward him (pardon the pun).

What we know for a fact is that the one person best placed to judge the effort a player is putting in - the manager - thought that he wasn't giving his all for the Albion, and I find that inexcusable, whatever may or may not be going on behind the scenes.

Albion boss hits out at Buckley

Albion boss Sami Hyypia has slammed Will Buckley's attitude during pre-season following the winger's £2.5 million move to Sunderland.

Buckley completed his move to Sunderland yesterday and will be reunited with his former Albion boss Gus Poyet.

Hyypia said: "I have an idea that when somebody doesn't want to play for you or be there for you then it's better to move on.

Before I came I heard about players here and Will Buckley was one of the best rated players here.

I don't know what was wrong with him all pre-season but he didn't really show why everybody was raving.

I don't know if he knew that something was going to happen but I don't think I'm the only one who saw he wasn't the same.

I would have liked to have Will Buckley in top form helping us to get points in the league but that wasn't to be and the decision was made that he goes to Sunderland."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well he was shite 90% of the time so hope not

90% isn't fair. He was absolute quality at the start of his first season here and even more so throughout his second season here. Dropped off a bit after that but was well worth getting and a very successful player for us apart from the injuries...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF

Translated

BUCKLEY DOG SAYS "yes please"

Stumpy Tim

What we know for a fact is that the one person best placed to judge the effort a player is putting in - the manager - thought that he wasn't giving his all for the Albion, and I find that inexcusable, whatever may or may not be going on behind the scenes.

Albion boss hits out at Buckley

I just can't take anything Hyppia said seriously. He was utterly clueless about everything

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here