Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckey to Leeds

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sunderland, chance of a lifetime?
A pint of what you have been drinking please.

If you had Buckleys injury record I think you may have jumped at playing for a club as big as Sunderland. Club in turmoil they maybe but in Bridcutt and Buckleys case it would be the highlight of their career to date. A much bigger step up than from Watford to Brighton. Let's face facts we are NOT anywhere near the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle ect Clubs below the big six but much more of a supporter base than us and world wide media coverage.
May have been a bad move for all three in hindsight but I reckon 95% of players would have made the same move.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Our current crop of wingers (Lualua excepted) are a long way short of PL standard.

The only downside of Buckley I could see was his hamstrings might have reduced his running in training/practice. They are rested now.

We should have upped his wages and kept him in the first place.

I think that Murphy will surpass Lua Lua over the course of the season

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If you had Buckleys injury record I think you may have jumped at playing for a club as big as Sunderland. Club in turmoil they maybe but in Bridcutt and Buckleys case it would be the highlight of their career to date. A much bigger step up than from Watford to Brighton. Let's face facts we are NOT anywhere near the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle ect Clubs below the big six but much more of a supporter base than us and world wide media coverage.
May have been a bad move for all three in hindsight but I reckon 95% of players would have made the same move.

??? Wage increase not that much. Buckley was only 24. We could have kept him for another two seasons. Better bet for both club and player.

I can undertand Ulloa departing for his last chance at PL football. And with Hyypia as manager maybe Buckley saw the light?

Leeds have already got a player in a similar style to Buckley, the older Mirco Antenucci. Not many really quick players who can shoot with both feet around. e.g. Baldock is not nearly as quick and he can only shoot with his right and not that good with that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he will come on as sub and finish the game injured.....endless stream of disappointment and dashed hopes....lightweight....!!

watch him score a hat-trick against us in 3 weeks.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not many really quick players who can shoot with both feet around. e.g. Baldock is not nearly as quick and he can only shoot with his right and not that good with that.

Lua Lua and Murphy can both shoot with both feet, and that's just in our team.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lua Lua and Murphy can both shoot with both feet, and that's just in our team.

I've not seen enough of Murphy to see if he is both quick or can shoot with either foot? I was not convinced by Buckley when he first signed either.

So Murphy may be OK. Unsure.

Lualua qualifies except his sprint speed seems to have slowed down just a fraction and he can't cross very well. I would put Lualua more centrally as a second striker. Acceleration over short distances suits a striker more than a winger.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I've not seen enough of Murphy to see if he is both quick or can shoot with either foot? I was not convinced by Buckley when he first signed either.

So Murphy may be OK. Unsure.

Lualua qualifies except his sprint speed seems to have slowed down just a fraction and he can't cross very well. I would put Lualua more centrally as a second striker. Acceleration over short distances suits a striker more than a winger.

Lua Lua always has a stormer at Elland Road, he has to play ...simples...I know a few Leeds fans and they used to hate seeing him coming on :lolol:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Sadly (or not so) he'll miss the Boro game on Sunday. He seems to start well at a club before injuries and loss of form occur. A winning goal vs the smog monsters would have helped ease the bitterness towards him shown by some folk. Shame.

Di he start well for us? What was his first game like...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
??? Wage increase not that much. Buckley was only 24. We could have kept him for another two seasons. Better bet for both club and player.

I can undertand Ulloa departing for his last chance at PL football. And with Hyypia as manager maybe Buckley saw the light?

Leeds have already got a player in a similar style to Buckley, the older Mirco Antenucci. Not many really quick players who can shoot with both feet around. e.g. Baldock is not nearly as quick and he can only shoot with his right and not that good with that.

I think he saw the Stadium of Light :whistle:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was not convinced by Buckley when he first signed either.
Damn right Buckley's first game was an unmitigated disaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here