Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckey to Leeds

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He is made of glass and balsa wood and will return to the Makems injured. However, he could well destroy a few teams first.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
People have short memories, on form he's ELECTRIC in this division. Injuries will be the undoing of him though I fear, I hope for his sake he regains his fitness.
4 years ago maybe not so sure now could hardly beat a full back in his last season with us.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Cracking player. I very much enjoyed an inform Buckley at the Amex. Pure class on his day

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Shame he was never with us after the Elite Performance Center was opened. The training pitches may have been kinder to his hamstrings.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
His persistent hamstring injuries have meant that he lost his pace, which was his main asset. I can't see him impressing at Leeds as he only had a few good matches in the whole of his last season with us.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Shame he was never with us after the Elite Performance Center was opened. The training pitches may have been kinder to his hamstrings.

I don't think the training pitches would have made any difference. All of Buckley's injuries are because of his own physiology. He is a tall man for a winger and relies on bursts of speed over 30-40 yards, pushing past the defender and running onto the ball. He stays too upright and tends to overstride, putting too much strain on hamstrings etc.
His whole game is that initial burst of power but instead of training his body to start lower ( in the manner of all sprinters ) he has kept the same style and cadence all his career and suffers as a result.
In these days of advanced sports science, I find it hard to believe that not more has been done to help Buckley.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think the training pitches would have made any difference. All of Buckley's injuries are because of his own physiology. He is a tall man for a winger and relies on bursts of speed over 30-40 yards, pushing past the defender and running onto the ball. He stays too upright and tends to overstride, putting too much strain on hamstrings etc.
His whole game is that initial burst of power but instead of training his body to start lower ( in the manner of all sprinters ) he has kept the same style and cadence all his career and suffers as a result.
In these days of advanced sports science, I find it hard to believe that not more has been done to help Buckley.

Brilliant post and spot on. Perhaps our now departed, but highly touted German Doctor wasn't as good as everyone thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here