Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does that not say more about the appeal of a champions league final with no English team?

I think it says more about people being able to watch it for free on ITV in HD rather than paying £47 a month to watch it in SD on Sky.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think it says more about people being able to watch it for free on ITV in HD rather than paying £47 a month to watch it in SD on Sky.

But only the only way to watch ITV coverage is with the TV on mute so that you don't have to listen to the poor commentary or even poorer experts.
Alex Song??

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
BT Sport have announced that Gary Lineker will anchor their coverage of the Champions League this season alongside current presenter Jake Humphrey.

The former England striker and Match of the Day presenter was unveiled as the channel’s new face of European football at a press conference in east London on Tuesday, while Steven Gerrard, Chelsea manager José Mourinho and former England captain Rio Ferdinand will be regular pundits.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/09/bt-sport-gary-lineker-champions-league

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The former England striker and Match of the Day presenter was unveiled as the channel’s new face of European football at a press conference in east London on Tuesday, while Steven Gerrard, Chelsea manager José Mourinho and former England captain Rio Ferdinand will be regular pundits.

Just to wind up NSC

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BT Sport have announced that Gary Lineker will anchor their coverage of the Champions League this season alongside current presenter Jake Humphrey.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/09/bt-sport-gary-lineker-champions-league

Did somebody at BT Sport mishear the brief to find a massive anchor for CL coverage ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I don't tend to watch it and certainly won't buy BT just to watch it but it's going to be fun watching Sky deny that both the FA Cup and Champions League exist from next season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't tend to watch it and certainly won't buy BT just to watch it but it's going to be fun watching Sky deny that both the FA Cup and Champions League exist from next season.
I pay for Sky Sports and so I pay for Sky Sports News. Is it too much to ask for them to talk about Sports News, rather than news on things they've bought the rights to?

Which of these can Sky SPORTS NEWS bring me:

Results from the UFC, one of the biggest sports in the world
or
Results from WWE - not a sport at all

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I pay for Sky Sports and so I pay for Sky Sports News. Is it too much to ask for them to talk about Sports News, rather than news on things they've bought the rights to?

Which of these can Sky SPORTS NEWS bring me:

Results from the UFC, one of the biggest sports in the world
or
Results from WWE - not a sport at all

I don't think I've ever seen Sky Sports News even mention WWE, let alone give "results" from it.

Not convinced UFC could be described as "one of the biggest sports in the world" either tbh. Sure its grown in popularity of late, but its not even as big as darts, in the great scheme of things.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think I've ever seen Sky Sports News even mention WWE, let alone give "results" from it.
I feel sick when they mention it - they have. Maybe it is just promoting it though, rather than the results.

Not convinced UFC could be described as "one of the biggest sports in the world" either tbh. Sure its grown in popularity of late, but its not even as big as darts, in the great scheme of things.
Of late? It's been huge outside of the UK for some time. Although I was being tongue in cheek regarding biggest (the smug UFC president pretends it's bigger than football) I'm pretty sure it gets more viewers than Darts, despite the fact that viewers have to pay per view.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Even though I don't watch the euro footie (much), I see this as a great lever to re-negotiate my Sky deal.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I feel sick when they mention it - they have. Maybe it is just promoting it though, rather than the results.

Of late? It's been huge outside of the UK for some time. Although I was being tongue in cheek regarding biggest (the smug UFC president pretends it's bigger than football) I'm pretty sure it gets more viewers than Darts, despite the fact that viewers have to pay per view.
Showing my ignorance here but what on earth is 'UFC'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here