Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BT Sport V Klopp

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I agree with [MENTION=1891]The Mole[/MENTION]. Not a comfortable watch and his producer should have intervened. When Klopp was saying "you pick the times" he meant broadcasters, they could care less about the players as long as the product gets out.

As for the result, a very lucky point after being so profligate in the first half.

?

Surely you mean couldn't?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
#TeamDesKelly all the way.

The clubs agreed and signed up to these schedules and receive a huge amount of cash as a result, with clubs such as Liverpool receiving even more than #TeamsLikeBrighton.
Agree totally.

No mention of all the extra cash that Liverpool get for being on TV all the time eh Jurgs?

You know, the extra money that means you can have the likes of Sadio Mane ON the BENCH.....?

No, thought not.

My heart bleeds for #teamslikeliverpool

CaergybiGull

Aug 13, 2020
Caergybi, Ynys Môn
Um, I’m sure the producers intentionally didn’t want to cut away from any drama. Hence they stuck with that Klopp segment all the way through.

That was easy tv for them.
Of course, but it's like reading the S*n or the Mail, it has zero class and you feel grubby afterwards. (Or I would if I read those rags.)

Scappa said:
?

Surely you mean couldn't?
Nope. Think of regardless and irregardless.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Agree totally.

No mention of all the extra cash that Liverpool get for being on TV all the time eh Jurgs?

You know, the extra money that means you can have the likes of Sadio Mane ON the BENCH.....?

No, thought not.

My heart bleeds for #teamslikeliverpool

Having said that, if Albion had to play Weds and Saturday lunchtime more than any other club, at a time when PL players are expected to play this number of games without a proper pre season, I’d be pretty miffed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Thought the BT interviewer was poor.
The producer should also have had a word in his ear, as we never got to hear from Potter due to the disagreement between Klopp and interviewer.
Klopp was making several good points, particularly on the ability to use 5 subs and clearly was having a dig at Wilder.
The 12.30 kick off after a game on Wednesday is something that the TV companies should consider further. It would have been even worse if Liverpool had been away on Wednesday in some far off eastern European team. I accept that BT will want to show more of the top teams in their 12.30 slot, but perhaps it would work better with the managers if they looked to show the PL teams that play on Tuesday in Europe.
A debate that no doubt we will hear more of, as the injuries mount.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not entirely sure he knew what was going on. He said he was very pleased his side did so well to stop us playing our possession game. We chose not to do that, you gimp. We picked pacey players so we could play in behind your makeshift defence. Potter out thought you in the first half and poor finishing saved you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Thought the BT interviewer was poor.
The producer should also have had a word in his ear, as we never got to hear from Potter due to the disagreement between Klopp and interviewer.
Klopp was making several good points, particularly on the ability to use 5 subs and clearly was having a dig at Wilder.
The 12.30 kick off after a game on Wednesday is something that the TV companies should consider further. It would have been even worse if Liverpool had been away on Wednesday in some far off eastern European team. I accept that BT will want to show more of the top teams in their 12.30 slot, but perhaps it would work better with the managers if they looked to show the PL teams that play on Tuesday in Europe.
A debate that no doubt we will hear more of, as the injuries mount.

What’s the difference between 12.30 and 3 pm kick offs ? I find it difficult to believe moving it 2 and a half hours would make any difference.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great to see some 70s TV again.

Proper ding dong and no wooses in HQ calling a halt to it.

We'll never see a Clough v Revie style punch up again, so we have to take joy in today.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Of course, but it's like reading the S*n or the Mail, it has zero class and you feel grubby afterwards. (Or I would if I read those rags.)

Nope. Think of regardless and irregardless.

Irregardless, while a shockingly poor use of language it has, sadly, become an acceptable word. Dropping the negative particle makes "could care less" an utterly useless statement

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I agree with [MENTION=1891]The Mole[/MENTION]. Not a comfortable watch and his producer should have intervened. When Klopp was saying "you pick the times" he meant broadcasters, they could care less about the players as long as the product gets out.

As for the result, a very lucky point after being so profligate in the first half.

They COULDN'T care less, we aren't American. Could care less makes no sense whatsoever, and actually means the exact opposite of what you mean, unless you mean they actually do care about them.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Score draw for me. Klopp was right to complain about the schedule as he is looking at it from the players and his own point of view - he doesn't sign the contracts with the broadcasters, that's the men upstairs.

On the other hand Des is bang on that they want the money and it was agreed so you have to accept it - if not, then don't agree for the slot in the first place, even if it does affect the club(s) financially.

Was definitely good to see though, neither side bowing down.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Having said that, if Albion had to play Weds and Saturday lunchtime more than any other club, at a time when PL players are expected to play this number of games without a proper pre season, I’d be pretty miffed.
No you wouldn't. Because we'd have the squad depth of #teamslikeliverpool

They can't have it both ways....

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What was Klopp comment about Chris Wilding regarding? I missed that reference. Have they had a falling out recently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here