Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bt package, sky or virgin media

virgin the way to go,tivo box knocks sky into touch,great hd service free,record 3 propgrammes at once not forgeting free bt sport,which will be having champs league footy next season i beleive,and super duper broadband!!

on a sidenote you going to culver tom night cracking final bognor v burgess hill under 18 county final

Didn't know it was on,shame would have gone down:blush:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Get yaself a laptop and pop down to macdonalds...free wifi..ok u might have to buy the odd coffee...but u can leave when u want to :whistle:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I was with Virgin and had endless problems (especially with the internet) which allowed me to get out of my contract early. I switched to Sky for TV (half price for a year) and BT for phone/internet and the quality of service has been significantly better.

If you go through a site like quidco.com first you get cash-back when you sign up.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Okay so this has probably already been done but I can't find it, so apologies if I'm being lazy
I currently pay sky £103 per month plus £15 per month to bt for their sports channel
I can get what I need from BT which includes my broadband, phone and tv with BT sport and sky sports for just over half the price so seems a no brainer.
What I want to know is, has anyone any constructive advise on what the BT package is like and is the broadband reliable?
I could really do with some help on making my mind up as I have always been Sky since they started

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Did you say you can get Sky sports from BT? Just cancelled my Sky as I only watch some of the footy so it wasn't worth paying for just that. Was thinking of going over to BT for a fraction of the cost as they have some of the footy now. The BT packages are actually cheaper from Plusnet ( who I think are owned by BT ) and that's even when you add BT sport which you can watch on your sky box even if you have given up your sky subscription

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I switched from Sky about 6 months ago as signal kept dropping and dealing with their so called tech function was driving me nuts. BT has been faultless and thankfully I've had no reason to call them. Much cheaper, all the same channels and very fast BB

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Whichever you choose, use a cash back site (topcashback or quidco) to purchase through.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
How do i find out:shrug:

To compare broadband Internet in your area, pop your postcode into the following website;

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Use this information to haggle;
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheaper-sky-cheap-cable

Work out what is really important to you, in terms of TV channels, broadband speed, phone bundle deals. Include BT in your comparison if you have BT fibre in your area and then push for the best deal. There is no one right answer, right now this a competitive market and only likely to get more competitive, for those prepared to switch and haggle.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I am with virgin and got a pretty good good deal in august when played them off against each other, I currently pay £65 pm for XL TV, M Phone and 30MB broadband. Never had a problem with them having Virgin so no complaints.

Internet is very fast, get 30MB so downloading is pretty quick, I watch a lot of sports so ESPN and BT Sport is a bonus as this is included.

Few downsides, the price increases, I can recall at least 2 in the last 6 months which is annoying. No sky Atlantic either which has some good shows on.

Tivo box is pretty good and HD channels are a bonus, cost of Sky sports/Movies with HD adds up though.

I did see on Martin Lewis website they have some sky 50% off for a year codes, may be worth looking at that, think it made their top package £36.50 per month for 12 months?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Have had Sky TV, broadband & Sky Talk in the house where I have lived the past eight years and I can honestly say
I have never had a problem at all.
We can't get cable down here in posh old Crowborough the powers that be would never allow it ha ha !!
BT, I had before Sky just broadband and phone was the worst experience of my life absolutely dreadful phone bills
always wrong and certainly then and I beleive now also their broadband is NOT unlimited at all.
STICK WITH SKY

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
To compare broadband Internet in your area, pop your postcode into the following website;

Work out what is really important to you, in terms of TV channels, broadband speed, phone bundle deals. Include BT in your comparison if you have BT fibre in your area and then push for the best deal. There is no one right answer, right now this a competitive market and only likely to get more competitive, for those prepared to switch and haggle.

THE Moneysavingexpert link has a 50% off for a year deal - this is what i did a few months back. Got the whole bundle (movies, sports etc) for 30 quid a month. Stuck with Virgin for broadband though. Sky box wins hands down over tivo, and the box sets are fabulous.

In my humble opinion

BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
BT Wholesale SDSL
BT FTTC
AOL LLU
O2 / Be LLU
Bulldog LLU
TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
Tiscali LLU
Virgin Media (Cable)

all available!:blush:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I have virgin... Signed up just under 2 years ago. 40 meg internet, sky sports, bt sport, landline and a box in the bedroom was £80... It seems that every few months it goes up by £5 with no change to the package. Now paying £96 a month...

reminds me to call them now and threaten to leave

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Stay...

Sky actually works.

Every time I go to someone's house who has Virgin, some aspect or another isn't working properly (usually just the programme lists, but often its the whole TV package or the broadband).

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I have virgin... Signed up just under 2 years ago. 40 meg internet, sky sports, bt sport, landline and a box in the bedroom was £80... It seems that every few months it goes up by £5 with no change to the package. Now paying £96 a month...

reminds me to call them now and threaten to leave

Mate, I had this, phoned them and its now £62 per month. Defo give them a call.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Sky's better, but more expensive. Virgin in my experience has been infuriating though, and actually represents poor value for money. Unless you're cash strapped, stick with Sky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here