Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bryan Gil

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sport Witness just post links to stories reported elsewhere, so they're neither reliable nor unreliable - all they do is pass on reports from other media organisations.

And those two copy-and-paste Albion twitter accounts just pass those very same stories on again.

In this case, the original information is a small snippet in a Corriere dello Sport article, as Gil had previously been linked with Lazio...

It's not about Bryan Gil, proposed in the summer and leaving Tottenham: the Spaniard appears destined to stay in the Premier League, Brighton and Brentford are negotiating the loan.​

Original: https://www.corrieredellosport.it/n..._silva_in_salita_il_benfica_vuole_8_milioni/2
Thank you Sir.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
But we have wingers, they’re just injured. Spending £20M+ on a benchwarmer in a few months doesn’t sound sensible.

In Tony we trust
Well let's get Lamptey some game time up there, let's have a look at BBB.

Loaning Sarmiento was in my view a cock up, but let's not double down on it by getting a player we won't need as soon as we get a player back

I just don't like us developing the players of a club who we should be aspiring to battle with for cup and and league positions in the coming years.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Being light weight is probably the least desirable characteristic in our league. But if RDZ fancies him and the data says yes...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well let's get Lamptey some game time up there, let's have a look at BBB.

Loaning Sarmiento was in my view a cock up, but let's not double down on it by getting a player we won't need as soon as we get a player back

I just don't like us developing the players of a club who we should be aspiring to battle with for cup and and league positions in the coming years.
Sarmiento looks a bit off the required level - and a huge question mark over his overall fitness and ability to be available for a run of games. In his career to date he’s not played a lot of first team football anywhere

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
general consensus seems to be that he needs to toughen up a bit. however if being that physically strong is simply not in his wheelhouse then perhaps RDZ can play to his strengths. seems to be very technically strong so would suit our passing game. think our overall playing style relies a lot less on strength than the fast, counter-attacking style at spurs. could be a good deal

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
general consensus seems to be that he needs to toughen up a bit. however if being that physically strong is simply not in his wheelhouse then perhaps RDZ can play to his strengths. seems to be very technically strong so would suit our passing game. think our overall playing style relies a lot less on strength than the fast, counter-attacking style at spurs. could be a good deal
Agree with this. WBG proves the point. Mitoma is hardly a strong man.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A loan makes a lot of sense. Fills the gap whilst Mitoma and Adingra are unavailable. Plus we don’t know how long Fati, Mitoma or Adingra will take to get back to full speed after their injuries.
Actually, I think he is the Solly March stop gap.

42 games as a left footed inverted right winger with better goal/assists stats than when he plays on the left and you can include a goal against Real Madrid in that.

Pedro is brilliant on the left and Milner can do a job. We’ve looked a lot weaker on the right side since Solly got injured, this would solve the issue until Solly returns and we possibly also purchase his long term replacement in the summer.

I’m gappy with this one.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Actually, I think he is the Solly March stop gap.

42 games as a left footed inverted right winger with better goal/assists stats than when he plays on the left and you can include a goal against Real Madrid in that.

Pedro is brilliant on the left and Milner can do a job. We’ve looked a lot weaker on the right side since Solly got injured, this would solve the issue until Solly returns and we possibly also purchase his long term replacement in the summer.

I’m gappy with this one.
I think it's a toothless source.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really like him. I'm not actually convinced how good he is, but he's clever, inventive and FUN.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Anyone know the rules about numbers of loans?

Currently Spurs have 7 on loan who have played first team games

Spurs trying to sign someone currently and then loan them back

GIl would make 8 and new signing 9

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Anyone know the rules about numbers of loans?

Currently Spurs have 7 on loan who have played first team games

Spurs trying to sign someone currently and then loan them back

GIl would make 8 and new signing 9
this is a good point actually. current limit is seven. though wikipedia suggest they have 8 currently. so unsure how this would be circumnavigated. perhaps loan to buy deals are treated differently?

EDIT:
reading a bit more about it, u21 players who’ve been at the academy are exempt and FAs have been given three years to implement these regulations domestically

there is no reference to an overall amount of loans in the PL regs

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s not done a lot for Spurs but looked ok when he came on at the Amex.

Brentford can’t sign him on loan as they have already borrowed Reguilon from Spurs.
I love it when rumours form journos include things that pretty much can’t happen 🤣 Just shows how much is made up…

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
this is a good point actually. current limit is seven. though wikipedia suggest they have 8 currently. so unsure how this would be circumnavigated. perhaps loan to buy deals are treated differently?

reading a bit more about it, u21 players who’ve been at the academy are exempt and FAs have been given three years to implement these regulations domestically

Devine is at Plymouth actually

Dier
Philips
Devine
Ndombele
Rodon
Spence
Tangana
Reggy
There is so question over perisic, reported as loan

Guess some could be firmed up, but only see Rodon being done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports