Bruno...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don't rate Bruno defensively he's poor and going forward not clinical enough. Started the season pretty well but I would prefer to have Lopez in his place at the moment to be honest. Very overrated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Calde didn't deserve to be dropped, but I probably would have done it as well.

Now, I think Calde and Dave need to be back.
I like the opinion of dropping SD back in favour of a super attacking substitution should the starters not get the job done.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Problem with Lopez is that he can't tackle. Problem with Bruno is he is far too sloppy and deliberative. Lopez shows much more going forwards, though.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Always feel vulnerable to letting in a late goal with Bruno in the team. He leaves his defensive area well exposed. The gaps were always down his flank. Felt a bit like Bolton at home when he f***ed up and they got that undeserved 94min equaliser. Thankfully they didn't score a winner

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Piss poor tonight and how the hell he got man of the match on Saturday I will never know.

Lopez at right back is the way forward.

Shame as I had very high hopes for Bruno earlier in the season. Almost looks like he thinks he is a bit too good for us, news Mr Saltor.... You are not.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Bruno wasn't at his best but i still thought him excellent. The idea of playing Spanish Dave there is madness. He goes there when Barnes is fit and in front of him in order to back him up when the opposition have the ball. Spanish Dave has an excellent touch and i like him as a player but he is not a rightback. When Calde plays we lack that vision and touch that Bruno has too. It won't always work, but then even Vicente gave away the ball a few times too. Bruno will be fully fit in the next week or so and show again his early season ability.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought we played really well tonight and deserved to get 3 points instead of 1.

However I was really disappointed with Bruno tonight, especially his first half performance, very sloppy and have the ball away far too much and seemed to make the wrong choices in the final third!

Normally I really rate him and I hope it was just a one off bad game!

Other than that I was more than happy with how we played, 4 points out of the last 6 isn't a shabby return at all!

Last edited:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I met 4 "Blackburn" fans after the game who are all from sussex, disgraceful. Anyway all thought Bruno was mom. I tried explaining how good Vicente had played. They also thought we were lucky to get a draw. They spent most of the game defending as i recall and got a goal against the run of play. Clueless.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
The BBC explain while we think Bruno had a bad game; apparently he was playing for Blackburn:

"Vicente and Will Buckley could also have given Brighton the lead, while the visitors saw both DJ Campbell and Bruno Saltor shoot narrowly wide, all before 12 minutes were on the clock."

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
I thought Bruno was very poor, I lost count of the amount of ties he gave to ball away. On the attack in the first half you could see the pass he was trying to make, so credit for the idea, but you've got to be accurate with your execution...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The BBC explain while we think Bruno had a bad game; apparently he was playing for Blackburn:

"Vicente and Will Buckley could also have given Brighton the lead, while the visitors saw both DJ Campbell and Bruno Saltor shoot narrowly wide, all before 12 minutes were on the clock."

Piss poor report...apparently Lua Lua wasted our best chance at the end.....you know the shot he fired in which went narrowly wide...hardly wasted

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
dunno about his performance last night but just watched his interview on player. Very very impressive how his English has come on since he joined us.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Thought we played really well tonight and deserved to get 3 points instead of 1.

However I was really disappointed with Bruno tonight, especially his first half performance, very sloppy and have the ball away far too much and seemed to make the wrong choices in the final third!

Normally I really rate him and I hope it was just a one off bad game!

Other than that I was more than happy with how we played, 4 points out of the last 6 isn't a shabby return at all!

Well publicised he is not 100% yet...great player I thought did ok first half... theres not much in it between him and calde so prob better to play 100% calde who is a legend I might add!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports