Bruno Saltor - New signing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very pleased with this signing, and I expect Bruno to defencively strengthen our RB position, although Calde is a great player, especially going forward, so it will be interesting...

For me, we now need a LB, powerhouse midfielder, striker with presence, and Vicente to sign, then it's job done...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wonder how Bruno Saltor first became popularly known as Bruno. It's madness, isn't it, to be known under your forename. My surname, for instance, is Patbutcher and i am obviously known to friends, well, both of them, as Mr Moira Stewart, shortened to Moira over time. But i just don't get how Bruno Saltor got his obscure and elegantly styled moniker.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Wasn't he a character in that fine drama, Footballers Wives

Joly Salter
Played by
Sarah Matravers
A brassy and attractive single mother, Joly has had a tough life, struggling to bring up two children on her own. Now things are looking a hell of a lot more 'up', and Joly capitalises on her pay out from the twins' long-lost father, Bruno by investing in a new brasserie, 'Canteen', with partner Matt.

Joly is determined to make both the business and relationship work. She adores Matt and considers herself blessed in her new life. But is Joly too busy counting her own blessings to notice what is under her nose? Because Matt is living a terrible lie. No stranger to secrets herself, will the truth about Matt make their relationship stronger - or blow their lives apart?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I haven't read the whole thread, but check out these comments from Stoke fans Oatcake Fanzine - Official Summer Transfer Thread

My personal favorite: "Holy motherfucking shit.

Fuuuuck.

I would say his performance against us at the Brit was the single best performance from any player there last season.

Holy f***ing shit."

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I haven't read the whole thread, but check out these comments from Stoke fans

Fuuuuck.

I would say his performance against us at the Brit was the single best performance from any player there last season.

Holy f***ing shit."

One reckons he's ''too good for us''. Piss off!!

Bruno wants to play proper football not kick and rush like the clodhoppers at Stoke!

XimoVCF

Mar 12, 2012
Is Ruben Baraja still going?

Nope. Retired a few years ago. Was assistant manager at Atlético, but is currently out of a job.

I wonder how Bruno Saltor first became popularly known as Bruno. It's madness, isn't it, to be known under your forename. My surname, for instance, is Patbutcher and i am obviously known to friends, well, both of them, as Mr Moira Stewart, shortened to Moira over time. But i just don't get how Bruno Saltor got his obscure and elegantly styled moniker.

That's quite common in Spain. Vicente Rodríguez known as Vicente, Joaquín Sánchez known as Joaquín... Even Barça's Xavi Hernández is commonly known as just Xavi.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC

Gus Poyet says he expects a minimum of three new signings before start of the season. Full press conference on #SeagullsPlayer later. #BHAFC

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I haven't read the whole thread, but check out these comments from Stoke fans Oatcake Fanzine - Official Summer Transfer Thread

Fuuuuck.

Holy f***ing shit."
My favourite quite from that site is " I think every team from 6th in the prem to 24th in the Championship has missed a massive trick there". :)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC

Gus Poyet says he expects a minimum of three new signings before start of the season. Full press conference on #SeagullsPlayer later. #BHAFC

3 additional to what we have? or 3 in total, meaning 1 more?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just seen the interview on the site.

People underestimate HOW lucky we are to have Gus Poyet as manager. We simply would struggle to attract the same calibre of players with anyone else. Speaking to a mate at Derby (2nd largest base of season ticket holders in the Championship) and although he is reasonably happy with Clough, he would love to have someone like Poyet to attract some of the players we have, compared to their signings.

Oct 25, 2003
Just seen the interview on the site.

People underestimate HOW lucky we are to have Gus Poyet as manager. We simply would struggle to attract the same calibre of players with anyone else. Speaking to a mate at Derby (2nd largest base of season ticket holders in the Championship) and although he is reasonably happy with Clough, he would love to have someone like Poyet to attract some of the players we have, compared to their signings.

agreed, i get the impression that gus persuades players to sign for us simply through the power of his charisma

we've signed quite a number of players under poyet now that in reality could've signed for bigger clubs than us.......but at the end of the day would you rather sign for a handsome CHARMER likes gus or some fat northern idiot like, i dunno, paul jewell?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
AwU3auwCIAAxjKk.jpg:large

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Must be a lot easier to sell The Albion / The Amex / Gus / our footie style / living near to the South coast / proximity to London / quality of life etc to prospective new signings and their agents especially having already attracted quality players like Vicente plus Thomas Kuszchak, Bruno Saltor plus having blown our transfer records last season on CMS, Buckley etc.

I guess that new players will also fancy playing in a stadium with the best part of 23k STHs, knowing there will be a great atmosphere and feel good factor created by a Club heading in the right direction, getting lots of media coverage so must be more attractive to most ambitious players, rather than going to some misc Midlands or Northern industrial town.

The only thing we cannot necessarily offer is the biggest signing fees and salaries - but then if someone is going to be swayed by money more than being at the right Club (Mattock?) then thats ok by me. The Chairman is happy to provide the stadium, training ground and infrastructure but not recklessly splash huge volumes of cash on players a la West Ham. Shrewd transfer deals from La Liga and elsewhere make sense, rather than just lining agents pockets with huge fees now demanded in the domestic transfer market.

I presume that with our 2 new signings both being free transfers that Gus's main transfer budget still remains largely intact, so gives him scope for further signings?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports