Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno Saltor - New signing

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
AwU3auwCIAAxjKk.jpg:large

Is that our German Club Doctor examining our latest Spanish signing with Champs Lge experience......?

Ho hum, just another day at The Amex.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Tweeted by Paul Hazlewood ‏[MENTION=4645]bha[/MENTION]Snappy

AwU4JEeCMAED7KD.jpg:large

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
On that article (the 3 more signings one) on the official site they refer to him simply as 'Bruno.' Does this mean he'll have simply that on the back of his shirt? Cause if so that's SELF-RAISING FLAIR.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Reminds me slightly of:

145045-Mark_Strong.jpg

Mark Strong, great actor.

Oct 25, 2003
On that article (the 3 more signings one) on the official site they refer to him simply as 'Bruno.' Does this mean he'll have simply that on the back of his shirt? Cause if so that's SELF-RAISING FLAIR.

i think he does just have "bruno" on the back, which automatically makes him my favourite player

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
From the Argus

Albion new boy Bruno has set his sights on top-flight football at The Amex.

But the former Valencia right-back insists he has not joined the Seagulls solely to link up with good mate Vicente.

Bruno met the media today after completing a two-year deal with Albion which will kick in when his Valencia contract expires at the end of this week.

The Seagulls still hope and expect Vicente to return for another season although boss Gus Poyet admitted that bit of business has not been tied up yet.

Bruno was in regular contact with Vicente last season and said: “Yes, that was an improtant factor.

"Of course he is a team mate and a friend. We have a great relationship.

"But this decision was taken independently of that.

"It wasn't the main reason for the decision."

The Barcelona-born defender said he knew what to expect from Championship football.

He added: “I’m crazy about football. I love football and I follow all leagues, including the Championship.

"With Vicente involved, I follow it even more.

"I know about Brighton and other teams, the play-offs.

“This team has been built for (promotion). They are doing things the way they should be done.

"My ambition is to work hard and give my all."

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
from the argus

albion new boy bruno has set his sights on top-flight football at the amex.

But the former valencia right-back insists he has not joined the seagulls solely to link up with good mate vicente.

Bruno met the media today after completing a two-year deal with albion which will kick in when his valencia contract expires at the end of this week.

The seagulls still hope and expect vicente to return for another season although boss gus poyet admitted that bit of business has not been tied up yet.

Bruno was in regular contact with vicente last season and said: “yes, that was an improtant factor.

"of course he is a team mate and a friend. We have a great relationship.

"but this decision was taken independently of that.

"it wasn't the main reason for the decision."

the barcelona-born defender said he knew what to expect from championship football.

He added: “i’m crazy about football. I love football and i follow all leagues, including the championship.

"with vicente involved, i follow it even more.

"i know about brighton and other teams, the play-offs.

“this team has been built for (promotion). They are doing things the way they should be done.

"my ambition is to work hard and give my all."

vicente!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just seen the interview on the site.

People underestimate HOW lucky we are to have Gus Poyet as manager. We simply would struggle to attract the same calibre of players with anyone else. Speaking to a mate at Derby (2nd largest base of season ticket holders in the Championship) and although he is reasonably happy with Clough, he would love to have someone like Poyet to attract some of the players we have, compared to their signings.

Couldn't have put it any better. TB made the right choice on so many levels when he gave Gus the job. Long may he reign.

vcffan01

Aug 31, 2011
he was a liability for us really, but i'm sure he'll be fine in the championship.

he's got a lovely bald head though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here