Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno Saltor - New signing

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

I like this one

Holy motherfucking shit.

Fuuuuck.

I would say his performance against us at the Brit was the single best performance from any player there last season.

Holy f***ing shit.

and this one

Pretty much every club in between 6th place in the Premier League and 24th in the Championship has missed out on a massive trick there. Bloody hell fire.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Wow they are creaming their pants.

Brilliant signing, Brighton are moving forward. I'm sure he"Bruno" could compete in the Premier League with a team like Sunderland, Villa, Fulham... Top signing.

Holy motherfucking shit.

Fuuuuck.

I would say his performance against us at the Brit was the single best performance from any player there last season.

Holy f***ing shit.
:lolol:

Pretty much every club in between 6th place in the Premier League and 24th in the Championship has missed out on a massive trick there. Bloody hell fire.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
funny if we brought him in to try and attract vicente, then vicente decides he doesn't want to join and this guy is a load of shit :lolol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No problem. Uhm, Brighton have money, right? Levante are completely broke. They have a net spend of less than €500,000 on transfers over the last 4/5 seasons. They're a side made up of loan deals and has beens. They did manage to top the table for a few weeks though and secure Europa League football though, which is absolutely incredible.

Anyway, think Rubén Suárez is a possibility if money is offered. Levante will take any money they can get. They're actually Valencia's city rivals, hehe.

33 years old, and would be for the short term, but a very useful player nonetheless.

From what I can see online, Suarez has already left Levante. They appear to have had a press conference to that effect today so he would be another free transfer.

XimoVCF

Mar 12, 2012
[MENTION=23983]XimoVCF[/MENTION] whats Bruno like with injuries and general fitness? Wondering if he can go the whole season or would he need to be rotated in/out etc...?

Not many injuries in general. Just a few small ones here and there, but no recurring problems. I do think he would have to be rotated though. Ever since he joined us he has always been rotated.

trueblue - You're right. Was out working all day today and actually missed that. Just seen it in the local newspaper that he's left them. I'd be more excited about signing Suárez than Bruno. Would be a very good signing. 10 goals last season for Levante. Not bad at all. He scored this goal against Real Sociedad to put Levante top of the league for the first time in their history - www youtube com/watch?v=WmtIkwip83o

Hmmm. I think those Stoke fans are overrating Bruno just a bit, hehe.

Edit - Had to remove the dots in the URL. Don't have enough posts to post videos.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
trueblue - You're right. Was out working all day today and actually missed that. Just seen it in the local newspaper that he's left them. I'd be more excited about signing Suárez than Bruno. Would be a very good signing. 10 goals last season for Levante. Not bad at all. He scored this goal against Real Sociedad to put Levante top of the league for the first time in their history
Edit - Had to remove the dots in the URL. Don't have enough posts to post videos.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good to have competition for Calde, or even someone good enough to push Calde down to bench-warming (which would be a shame, but onwards and upwards).......but it's a LEFT back we really need, now that we've lost out on Mattock

StevenH

Dec 7, 2007
Mosta, Malta
What I like about Bruno is that he can play at left back as well, providing cover in two places. So we could have Bruno on the left, and Calde on the right. Now I can't help but wonder who the next former Valencia player to join Brighton may be... David Villa perhaps? ???

D

Deleted member 18477

What I like about Bruno is that he can play at left back as well, providing cover in two places. So we could have Bruno on the left, and Calde on the right. Now I can't help but wonder who the next former Valencia player to join Brighton may be... David Villa perhaps? ???

Aimar.

Oct 25, 2003
can't work out if he looks really gay or really hard.......either way (ooh err) he's yet another flair foreigner to add to our ranks, and any player who has represented the flairest non-fifa international team of them all is ok by me

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Saltor, did indeed have an amazing game against stoke. Looked class going forward as well. If he produces anything like that for us and we have quite a player on our hands.

Jimmy Grimble

That Levante kit is hideously familiar...

Lush

Mods' Pet
I don't mind an 'old head' if he a) can still do a job at this level b) can be rotated with Calde c) helps make Vicente's mind up and d) can help bring on the next generation/development squad players especially re the new training ground.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting info from our Spanish correspondent, and a more realistic appreciation of Saltor (and maybe Suarez) to temper our expectations.

I'm not surprised that Gus has gone shopping in Spain rather than pay over inflated fees here. OK these guys might be the wrong side of 30 but if they remain fit they should have the technical skills to do a decent job for us. Like most on here I want to see the Vicente deal tied up asap and if the presence of a couple more Spaniards helps him to feel more at home then bring it on. Hopefully some prudent free transfer deals from Spain will mean that Gus still has a decent budget for any remaining signings.

Gus's Galacticos!

A lot of Spanish clubs are on the brink. Spain is a very shrewd place to be doing some shopping this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here